Why become a member? ×

Post gig downers

Low End Bee

Sort of inspired by the "Do Fender Make Basses" thread.

20 something bloke [i]"Your band's good. Like an old guys Green Day" [/i]

Very attractive woman in her 30s (just my type in every way) approaches me as I'm heading to pack my gear away.
[i]"Hey you're the bass player. Loved your stuff. Is this the secret place where you keep all your gear?"[/i]
"Yep"
[i]"Can you do something for me? I'm a bit embarassed to ask"[/i]
"(gulp) Go ahead. What can I do?"
[i]"Can I leave my coat back here?"[/i]

Random bloke[i] "That was good but If I was managing your band I'd give you a tweak."[/i]
"What would you 'tweak'?"
[i]"More or less everything."[/i]

Not post gig but my saintly and , sadly , late dear Mum - who said to her mate ...... 'You ought to hear our David , He's almost as good as them on the telly '

Post gig put down of the century goes to my guitar playing pal Kev , who said to the band that had just finished playing -

' There's a fair contrast between the two guitarists'

'Oh' said one of them , well happy , ' how do you mean?'

'Well' says Kev ' he can play and you fcuking can't'.

Edited by Dr.Dave

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1349783721' post='1830392']
Possible invitation to hang it on the back of your bedroom door?
[/quote]
[quote name='BurritoBass' timestamp='1349785054' post='1830434']
I too think that one had potential ;)
[/quote]

Sadly in context it wasn't.

[quote name='Dr.Dave' timestamp='1349785204' post='1830437']

Post gig put down of the century goes to my guitar playing pal Kev , who said to the band that had just finished playing -

' There's a fair contrast between the two guitarists'

'Oh' said one of them , well happy , ' how do you mean?'

'Well' says Kev ' he can play and you fcuking can't'.
[/quote]

Ouch!

A polish chap who's been to a few of our gigs some time apart came up to us after a gig.
"This time the drums sounded much bigger. You're bass is ****ing heavy now." Looks at guitarist speaks in monotone "You. You were the same as last time."
I think he meant he was up to his usual high standard but it didn't come across like that.

[quote name='Pete Academy' timestamp='1349782786' post='1830365']
What did you think of the band tonight?

I was playing bass with them.

Oops, sorry...
[/quote]
[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1349785420' post='1830447']
Chatting to people after the gig who enquire, are you in the band then?
After they`ve been looking at the band/stage for the last two hours.
[/quote]

This. all too often!
I had one of these the other night, in the interval. Having just been told by his mate that I was in the band, he proceeded to continue to tell me how good that band are tonight, that he goes to all their gigs and has been following them for the last 18 months. He went on to tell me I should visit their website.
His mate interjected again, "[u]he's[/u] the bass player you moron", but alas he continued... "You should see the bass player in this band, when they do the last song he puts on a Fez and jumps around all over the place.

Really? I said. I might have to try that and see if any f**ker notices!! :rolleyes:

Sat down in front of stage (end of pub, no stage) and very pretty girl who was stood in front of band walks over and sits on my knee, asks if I can get some bloke who was pestering her off her back by pretending to be with me for five minutes. Hmm I think, could get a bit more out of this, so we cuddle and chat for a while, this is going well I think. Five minutes later, bye then!
Another time I use my fretless in one song for a change, I ask keys to hold on while I change. After gig I mention it was nice to use it for a change, oh did you, he says. If my band mates don't notice what chance crowd will!

[quote name='barneyg42' timestamp='1349788106' post='1830514']
Another time I use my fretless in one song for a change, I ask keys to hold on while I change. After gig I mention it was nice to use it for a change, oh did you, he says. If my band mates don't notice what chance crowd will!
[/quote]
I stopped taking mine ages ago for this very reason. It all became clear when the guitarist (who also plays bass!) asked me what the difference between my two Jazz basses was.

"Nazi scum, the lot of you"

- someone in the crowd who had obviously excerted too much mental energy on putting his trousers on the right way round and not left enough to think about whether the lyrics to Dead Kennedys California Uber Alles were meant to be taken entirely seriously or not.

[quote name='Low End Bee' timestamp='1349781114' post='1830342']
Sort of inspired by the "Do Fender Make Basses" thread.

20 something bloke [i]"Your band's good. Like an old guys Green Day" [/i]

Very attractive woman in her 30s (just my type in every way) approaches me as I'm heading to pack my gear away.
[i]"Hey you're the bass player. Loved your stuff. Is this the secret place where you keep all your gear?"[/i]
"Yep"
[i]"Can you do something for me? I'm a bit embarassed to ask"[/i]
"(gulp) Go ahead. What can I do?"
[i]"Can I leave my coat back here?"[/i]

[/quote]

Sometimes that is as good as it gets :lol:

But I'd let her... :lol: and ask what her mate is drinking :lol:

Drummer: "Liam that fall looked pretty painful, made for a good show though"
Singer: "When the hell did you fall over? I didn't notice"

Another gig

Me: "I should really get some straplocks, my strap falling off mid song, although quite entertaining, is not fun whatsoever"

Again, singer doesn't notice. I'm not sure whether to take that as a compliment about my bass playing, due to the fact i didn't miss a note during either incident, or that he just doesn't take any notice of me whatsoever.

Liam

Edited by LiamPodmore

[quote name='Pete Academy' timestamp='1349782786' post='1830365']
What did you think of the band tonight?

I was playing bass with them.

Oops, sorry...
[/quote]I had a similar experience in between sets

Punter: What do you think of the band
Me: The bass player is pretty good :)

I think I was even wearing my 'Bass Player' T shirt at the time!

This isn't quite the same as the above stories...

But after playing a gig to a few thousand people all screaming and going nuts, followed by being asked by some lovely ladies if we can have some photos playing with them... I of course sit in the car home feeling like some kind of superstar :D

Until I get home, walk through the door, only to be told that I'm late, and that there's a pile of washing up to be done!

Back to earth with a bang :lol:

So the landlord comes up to us after the gig. "What I like about you," he says, "is the way you change the set around to suit the audience." We smile politely, wondering where he got this idea from.

It turns out the singer was sorting out her bag, and left an old set list lying on a table.

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1349792770' post='1830602']
This isn't quite the same as the above stories...

But after playing a gig to a few thousand people all screaming and going nuts, followed by being asked by some lovely ladies if we can have some photos playing with them... I of course sit in the car home feeling like some kind of superstar :D

Until I get home, walk through the door, only to be told that I'm late, and that there's a pile of washing up to be done!

Back to earth with a bang :lol:
[/quote]

Lol been there !!