Why become a member? ×

What is your favourite Chorus pedal?

SimonEdward

Morning everyone

The words 'Classic', 'Lush', 'Rich', 'Dimensional' (?), Glistening (??) and Organic (???) have all been used to describe an effect that I guess we've all used at some time: "Chorus"..

There's a ton of 'em out there - so here's an opportunity to vote for your favourite and share your experience (good and bad) of using them somewhere in your chain!

If I've missed your favourite from the list, please select 'Other' and mention it in the posts.

So, without any further ado, and in true Lillympic fashion.. "Marks", "Set", "GO"!!

SimonEdward

Ps

I own a Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus, but there's also one with seven tweak-able pre-sets that I'd like to try and another one with something called 'Toneprints' sounds interesting..

Edited by SimonEdward

The best chorus sound I have ever had on my bass was using an MXR Pitch Transposer. A 2U rack effect with a separate 1U module you to show the transpose interval. Even set to "0" it was never perfectly in tune and gave this amazing thickening effect without loosing any of the bottom end oomph that EH and Boss pedals of the time (early 80s) seemed to do.

Thanks for all your responses and points-of-view received so far! :)

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1344761322' post='1768751']
Jacques Meistersinger.
[/quote]

This pedal is mentioned in a "Chorus " round-up from 6/05 - and seems to show up very well indeed.. :)

[url="http://www.legendarytones.com/chorus%20roundup.html"]http://www.legendarytones.com/chorus%20roundup.html[/url]

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1344762058' post='1768758']
Zoom B3 has some pretty sweet chorus effects on it ;)
[/quote]

I still have a Zoom 506 (probably not in the same league as the B3) and agreed, some good Chorus's on there.. B)

• 3 weeks later...

Used the Boss CE20 (currently for sale in my sig below) that allows you to store 4 patches and have a 5 manual optio. That is good, though a double pedal so a bit larger than normal.

Currently using an EBS Unichorus that I really like. A smidge on the doubling setting sounds good with the fretless