Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash No.6, Surrey, Saturday 29th September 2012

Hamster

[size=5][i][b]just a quick heads up on the route to venue..... A320 guildford road between st peter`s hospital and the knoll is closed for a few days because of sudsidence/burst water main(this only happened today)......... your sat nav may want to take this way, from a southern approach............................so no access to green lane from A320!!!!![/b][/i][/size]

[size=5][i][b]regards[/b][/i][/size]

Edited by jhk

Thanks for the heads up!

My satnav has always suggested the 3rd exit off junction 11 up the A317, then 3rd exit off the next roundabout onto the A318 (Chertsey Rd) - if you get that far your SatNav should have "recalculated" its little heart out if it wanted you to go via the A320....

:)

Date: Saturday 29 September 2012

Time: 10am - 5pm

Venue: Jubilee High School, Surrey, School Lane, Addlestone, Surrey KT15 1TE

Venue link: Jubilee High School Website: [url="http://www.jubileehigh.surrey.sch.uk/"]http://www.jubileehigh.surrey.sch.uk/[/url]

MAP LINK: [url="http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=504208&y=164434&z=0&sv=KT15+1TE&st=2&pc=KT15+1TE&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf"]http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=504208&y=164434&z=0&sv=KT15+1TE&st=2&pc=KT15+1TE&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf[/url]

Edited by silverfoxnik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1348766513' post='1817975']
3. A question about a [b]'For Sale[/b]' section: previously, we've had that in the 'Quiet Room/Foyer' area - is everyone cool with that arrangement again?

[/quote]

I was going to sell mine in the loud room. Mostly as there will be plenty of amps around to try it on!

On other matters, is there anyone who does'nt mind me sullying their collection of basses by letting me putting my Grabber and SUB with them? I am unable to bring amps and last time I brought my Pedullas no one tried them out because I had no amp for them to plug into!

Closest and nicest pub - very friendly - http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll=51.371843,-0.498375&spn=94.821381,228.339844&t=v&z=3&layer=c&panoid=-_p-vlp2Z4m9bz5rSDEpEA&cbll=51.371843,-0.498375&cbp=13,-137.59343941411024,,0,2.692901637114801

[quote name='Hamster' timestamp='1348786247' post='1818376']
Closest and nicest pub - very friendly - http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll=51.371843,-0.498375&spn=94.821381,228.339844&t=v&z=3&layer=c&panoid=-_p-vlp2Z4m9bz5rSDEpEA&cbll=51.371843,-0.498375&cbp=13,-137.59343941411024,,0,2.692901637114801
[/quote]

Ah yeah forgot the Wagon, played darts there a few times, nice pub. Needless to say not the one I was thinking of.

I hope no one thinks that I'm saying that there [b]has[/b] to be a pub lunch :) I don't know anyone, so I'll be hiding at the back and keeping out of the way, except for 5im0n's compressor workshop where I may be a guinea pig :) I'm not bringing any amps or cabs cos all I have is a practice amp that won't interest anybody.

[quote name='Shockwave' timestamp='1348785386' post='1818367']
I was going to sell mine in the loud room. Mostly as there will be plenty of amps around to try it on!

On other matters, is there anyone who does'nt mind me sullying their collection of basses by letting me putting my Grabber and SUB with them? I am unable to bring amps and last time I brought my Pedullas no one tried them out because I had no amp for them to plug into!
[/quote]

I should have a couple of spaces in my rack :)

The compressor 'workshop' really ought to be renamed "51m0n's quick and dirty way to set up a compressor you scoundrels".....

We'll be attempting a world record of maybe a brief description of what it is you need to know and do and then an atttempt to set up two or three compressors, all in 15 minutes tops

After which if anyone can remember what was said they will be able to set a compressor up for themselves (one would hope)

Aggghhhhhh and a full on GRRRRRRR My line manager suddenly had an ingenious idea to change a shoot to Saturday from Sunday and force me to work it!

Not a happy bunny :angry2:

(sigh) anyway, name removed from list. c'est la vie...

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]1. Hamster - Fender Hotrod P/J, Bareface Compact, Auralex Gramma Pad, SFX Thumpinator; either Markbass 800 Tube or Ampeg PF500 Portaflex
2. BigBeatNut - Rob Allen Deep 5, Status Electro, Lakland 55-02 Fretless, Markbass CMD121P, a selection of SFX micro pedals
3. Stingray5 - Musicman StingRay5 and Stingray fretless, Tune TWB-6, Trace Elliot BLX-80 combo, Boss GT-6B fx, Gramma Pad, (+ raffle bits & freebies).
4 OBBM - undecided on basses but Schroeder cab(s) and mini-rack Mk2 (+raffle bits)
5. Charic (tentative) - ACG Finn 4 (Drop C tuning), Yamaha RBX6JM, Modded Fender MIM, TC RH450, 2 x TC RS210, Line6 DL4 (delay pedal), Behringer Chorus Pedal
6. Happy Jack - Ampeg Baby Bass and (just for OBBM) at last I'll bring along a Hofner Verithin. If there's enough (any) interest, I could also bring along a Fishman Fusion pedal plus a rig to play through.
7. Macdaddy - custom shuker or custom Iceni Zoot or Hamer Blitz + raffle bits
8. Billyapple - Gibson Thunderbird, Un-Finished Wishbass Lobe, Matamp GT200 Head, Matamp 212 Cab, DHA VT1 Eq
9. Walman - (assuming it'll all fit in the smaller car I got last year as I was cutting down on gear ) Wal Pro1/Custom hybrid, 2 x G&L L2500 US, Tanglewater ClassicJ, Roland PK5 bass pedals w DSI MoPho synth, GenzBenz Streamliner 6, BF Super12T - alternatively a poll on which to bring may be required
10. OliverBlackman- going to bring the Tokai as it seems in a recent thread not many have experienced the 80's Jazz sounds.
11. Shockwave - Gibson RD and Gibson Grabber or Fender P-J Antigua.
12. dc2009 (tentative) - Warwick Corvette $$ 5 Special Edition, Lakland Skyline 55-01. Sansamp, SYB-5, Q-tron+, BSY600. Anything more will need a lift!
13. Eude (tentative) - ACG Finn SC Classic BO 5 string 33" Scale, ACG Finn SC Classic BO 6 String 33" Scale, Ibanez Promethean 5110C & EAD Foundation 112 3-way Prototype.
14.Bloodaxe (tentative) - Aria SB-1000 Frankenfretless, Ibanez Promethean 5110C [might add the SB-900 & Bloody ZZB Custom to this if anyone's driving from E or SE postcodes & I can blag a lift]
15. 51m0n - the usual guff (Roscoe, Berg, MB blah blah, if in doubt check my sig) + a very tentative PluxTheDuck & related kit
16. Urb - Sei bass plus laptop (maybe) and my fingers
17. Seashell - Fender Precision (MIM) and Ibanez SRX500. No rig!
18. Merton - multiscale 5 prototype, other things maybe, like Mikey's sleeping bag
19. Russ - Sei Bass 5-string fretted singlecut, Sei Bass 5-string fretless J, Ampeg SVT-7, Markbass 106H
20. Silverfoxnik - Roscoe Beck 5, Schecter Diamond P 5, BC Rich Eagle, Hughes & Kettner Bassbase 600 head, SWR Triad, Boss ME-50B
21.Bassmanady-Yamaha BB 2005,Yamaha BB605
22. Hen Barn - Status Kingbass
23. 6feet7 - matching pair 1999 Fender Hotrod Precision & Jazz basses, GUS G3 Retro Active
24.Barneyg42 -Status S2 classic 5 headless, Status series 1 five, NGC Nanyo Bass Collection fretted and fretless,MXR pre into Crown poweramp into Acme low B and Barefaced Compact
25. ped - Vigier Passion, S2 1988, Roland V-bass, arse hair clippers
26.TheGreek - the unsellable Overwater J4, possibly my custom headless, GK backline 110
27. Sibob - Barefaced Compacts, Markbass LMII, Genz Benz Streamliner 900 (probably for sale), '71 Precision, '03 or '73 Jazz. Effects?
28.JHK-(99% sure) GB Spitfire five,TRB6P,TRB5P,MM Stingray five fretless,probably a little bit of EDEN gear.
29. Fat Rich - 70s P and J basses, 5 String Status S2, Hartke XL410[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]30. Tom Kent - Fodera Emperor 5 Standard, Fender Jazz (and maybe some others.. awaiting confirmation); Krampera KVB800 w/ B1T & B1B.. I'll see what pedals I can dig out.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]31. Si600 - Aria Pro II 5 String, Peterson Stomp Classic and TC Nova Dynamics.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]32. Bluejay - own bubbly self, plus by now infamous camera-that-never-lies (no Photoshop) and perhaps a bass guitar that's "the wrong way round"[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Si600' timestamp='1348820432' post='1818604']
I hope no one thinks that I'm saying that there [b]has[/b] to be a pub lunch :) I don't know anyone, so I'll be hiding at the back and keeping out of the way, except for 5im0n's compressor workshop where I may be a guinea pig :) I'm not bringing any amps or cabs cos all I have is a practice amp that won't interest anybody.
[/quote]

This was me exactly last year. Hiding at the back and trying to pluck up the courage to go into the Jam room. Which I eventually did about half an hour before the end. Didn't have a proper amp then and still don't.
However - everyone was really nice and welcoming so I am coming back for more this year!
I'll look out for you skulking somewhere and say hello :)

I'll be easy to spot BTW - I'll be the speccy blonde woman with a red shiny nose!! Still trying to shake off this bloomin' cold ! :o

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1348822017' post='1818639']
The compressor 'workshop' really ought to be renamed "51m0n's quick and dirty way to set up a compressor you scoundrels".....

We'll be attempting a world record of maybe a brief description of what it is you need to know and do and then an atttempt to set up two or three compressors, all in 15 minutes tops

After which if anyone can remember what was said they will be able to set a compressor up for themselves (one would hope)

[/quote]I shall have to bring the TC Nova along again and make sure my poxy phone saves the picture this time :angry:

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1348851005' post='1819166']
See you all tomorrow for my Effects Q&A.......please ask me questions....please lol

Si
[/quote]

If nobody else has any more important questions, I'll sit next to you and you'll talk me through [b]everything[/b] effects-related, starting from the very beginning (as in - "this is a pedal" :D), 'cos I don't use any, and I don't play live, but I'm keen to learn about them for the future. (Same about amplification, but that's another story.)

Looking forward to seeing you all!