Why become a member? ×

Win a Warwick Robert Trujillo Artist Series signature Bass!

Entered :)

Don't really understand why people are posting negatively :blink: It's a bloody facebook competition to win a [b]free[/b] bass, if you don't want to add an app or participate then don't!

Edited by Kev

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1337795751' post='1665622']
Have you cleared this with the mods? At any rate, I don't think a lot of people on this forum are going to add a facebook app just for a (non) chance of winning a bass that probably won't be delivered over here anyway...
[/quote]

What exactly needs to be cleared?? I'd understand if he was trying to sell Warwick goods (would need to be in Affiliates forum) but i don't feel merely offering a link where members have the chance of winning a free bass is too much of a crime :blink:

Edited by Kev

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1337795940' post='1665626']
Entered :)

Don't really understand why people are posting negatively :blink: It's a bloody facebook competition to win a [b]free[/b] bass, [b]if you don't want to add an app or participate then don't![/b]
[/quote]

Agreed and entered on behalf of my son.
People come on this forum begging for a like on their Facebook band page or such like, and for that you get a chance to win the grand prize of....................
Feck all :lol:

Garry

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1337796076' post='1665629']
What exactly needs to be cleared?? I'd understand if he was trying to sell Warwick goods (would need to be in Affiliates forum) but i don't feel merely offering a link where members have the chance of winning a free bass is too much of a crime :blink:
[/quote]

Because, mods on forums aren't generally keen on people advertising without their permission. This is a form of advertising, as it will involve you "liking" their page and adding an app which will be used to... advertise their products. That's kind of how these things work.

[quote name='Warwick_Official' timestamp='1337795256' post='1665613']
Yes, I figured so. And seriously...I don't want this to come across wrong, just thought it would be cool to offer up. I will gladly remove it if folks object. I'm enjoying being a member here, and don't want to tarnish that. Thanks again
[/quote]

dont mind me i just dont like the apps on facebook

if it had been a simple like us on FB and have a chance wild horses would not be able to hold me back

good luck to any who enters

[quote name='Warwick_Official' timestamp='1337790394' post='1665536']
Hello everyone! Check out the new Warwick & Framus Facebook page to submit your entry to win a Warwick Artist Series Robert Trujillo signature Bass! All details can be found here: [url="https://www.facebook.com/warwickframus"]https://www.facebook.com/warwickframus[/url] Thanks, and best of luck from all of us at Warwick!
[/quote]

how much is it worth please?

if i win i'll be keeping my TRB and flogging the warwick on evilbay ! (should get me a decent set of new tyres for the car) :D

Unfortunately, this is how FB works. Even band competitions [b]on different websites[/b] end up being linked to FB apps. I have had to turn down voting for some friends' band in a comp exactly because FB required me to give it access to my innermost secrets (friends list, personal data, you name it).

For that reason - and because I'm a lefty, durrr - I'm not entering (ebaying it etc. in the unlikely event that I should win would be too much hassle!). However, I personally don't see a problem with Warwick pointing us to competition links. Of course it's advertsing, and we are "paying" with our data, but nobody forces us to take part if we don't like that.

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1337797750' post='1665677']
The best way to describe how much it costs is simply "lots"
[/quote]
cool - maybe i could get a new status and fingers crossed there'll be a few hundred left for the new tyres too! :lol:

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1337797042' post='1665664']
Because, mods on forums aren't generally keen on people advertising without their permission. This is a form of advertising, as it will involve you "liking" their page and adding an app which will be used to... advertise their products. That's kind of how these things work.
[/quote]

Do you get out much? :)

It's a facebook page, and the guy is offering members the chance to win a bass. Chances are alot of people on here would never have seen the competition to enter without this thread. Yes, it helps advertise Warwick's, but i really don't get the problem. Don't enter and succumb to the ruthless advertising regime! :rolleyes:

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1337797475' post='1665675']
how much is it worth please?

if i win i'll be keeping my TRB and flogging the warwick on evilbay ! (should get me a decent set of new tyres for the car) :D
[/quote]
£1200 or so i think, Korea Warwick rather than German :)

I'm not a FB fan, but have to admit this is a pretty cool prize... certainly beats a pack of strings. There is always a trade tho, and Warwick get to do a little data harvesting. At least they are up front about who they are.

Anyway, Warwick Official, how about cutting out the middle-man, and sending the prize straight to me? Just mail it to 'The Shahi Kebab House', Slough, UK. I'll get it sooner or later :lol:

it seems to be pretty benign in terms of what it wants. I'm pretty sure I've emailed Warwick and more sensitive info was in the footer to the email so I'm sure it will be fine.

But yeah, evil Facebook conspiring with warwick to steal your friends. Yeah don't enter..... (and increase the probability for me!) Warwick running one of these worldwide for a month.... it's going to be a pretty big hat that they will be pulling out of!