Why become a member? ×

Win a Warwick Robert Trujillo Artist Series signature Bass!

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1337805619' post='1665863']
Incorrect, but i'm really not having that discussion in this thread...
[/quote]

I think you'll find it is correct actually but no you're right, I am not going to have a discussion about grammar with someone who doesn't know the difference between your and you're anyway...

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1337805756' post='1665867']
And capital letters are used as the first letter of a sentence!

BAM! I OWN YOU! I f***ing OWN YOU! AWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOGA! [i][b]YOUR [/b][/i]ASS IS MINE!

Nah, I'm just f***ing with you :)
[/quote]

Sorry, corrected. (Although strictly speaking, you shouldn't start a sentence with the word 'And' ;) )

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1337806084' post='1665877']
Strictly speaking . This is a conversation better suited to off topic :P
[/quote]

Actually, 'off topic' is capitalised - BAM! ANOTHER ONE BITES THE f***ing PEDANT DUST! GO GUS, GO GUS.

Now I own you both. I'm building quite the collection :)

Honestly, WTF?

We really are a nation of f*cking moaners aren't we.

What sort of impression are we giving? That someone ever so slightly MIGHT have broken the forum rules and we are very pissed off about that? That Facebook is the devil? That we refuse on principle to enter a competition if it involves social media tactics?

:(

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1337807358' post='1665900']
Honestly, WTF?

We really are a nation of f*cking moaners aren't we.

What sort of impression are we giving? That someone ever so slightly MIGHT have broken the forum rules and we are very pissed off about that? That Facebook is the devil? That we refuse on principle to enter a competition if it involves social media tactics?

:(
[/quote]

Same old, Nige. I'm attempting to bottom it out into the absurd - I see myself acting like a buffoon to be only slightly less obnoxious than either a genuine argument about the use of the English language or a study in forum rules.

I did PM the nice Warwick chat to say this, mind.

This descended into chaos quickly. For what its worth, fair enough for the guy simply offering a BASS FORUM the chance to win a bass guitar, the thing we all play.

Could someone invite Roger Sadowsky to do a similar setup please? RE: Risingson needs a Sadowsky bass comp. Ta

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1337808159' post='1665917']
Could someone invite Roger Sadowsky to do a similar setup please? RE: Risingson needs a Sadowsky bass comp. Ta
[/quote]

I've always fancied owning a Ric - and we know John Hall is a big fan of the forum, so... ?

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1337797718' post='1665676']
I have had to turn down voting for some friends' band in a comp exactly because FB required me to give it access to my innermost secrets.
[/quote]

Which in my case wouldn't amount to much... :unsure: :blush:

I'd like to offer an apology to the admins and mods...I just thought it was something cool, and in retrospect should have cleared it with them first. I meant no disrespect, and hope I haven't tarnished the reputation (I think) I'm building here. It won't be repeated again...and hope this post is seen as genuine as I mean it. Thanks guys...

Edited by Warwick_Official

Warwick Official, IMO the problem is no so much the advertising (lets face it half the people her are plugging their bands and that's not really so different) but the fact that in order to enter you:

1. have to be a Facebook member
2. have to allow access to a Facebook app

I would be quite happy to let Warwick have my email address and receive information from them in return for an entry into this competition. What I am not happy about is having to also share my personal information with Facebook.

There are various rules about how competitions are run in the UK and one of the ways that companies running competitions avoid some nasty legal requirements is by the "no purchase necessary" clause. I would suggest that this needs to be expanded to include "no website membership necessary".

BTW has anyone who has entered checked that the prize is available to us here in the UK? IMO also since competitions on the internet are visible to everyone with a connection they should not be geographically limited unless the page with the competition on it is geographically limited so that only people in the appropriate country can view it in the first place. There is nothing more frustrating to go through the process of filling in an on-line entry form only to find that the competition isn't open to people outside of the US (for instance).

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1337850215' post='1666254']
BTW has anyone who has entered checked that the prize is available to us here in the UK? IMO also since competitions on the internet are visible to everyone with a connection they should not be geographically limited unless the page with the competition on it is geographically limited so that only people in the appropriate country can view it in the first place. There is nothing more frustrating to go through the process of filling in an on-line entry form only to find that the competition isn't open to people outside of the US (for instance).
[/quote]

There are no geographic limitations for this giveaway. Warwick will pay the shipping anywhere in the world...however, the winner is responsible for any local duties.

[quote name='fumps' timestamp='1337847330' post='1666204']
Well i think intentions are good.....i tried to enter but the link is not working (On the Facebook Page)

.....just my luck :(
[/quote]

Aah fumps, you could fall in a bucket of tits and come up sucking your thumb.

[quote name='Warwick_Official' timestamp='1337853704' post='1666313']
There are no geographic limitations for this giveaway. Warwick will pay the shipping anywhere in the world...however, the winner is responsible for any local duties.
[/quote]

anyone who works in marketing/pr [i]and[/i] who might be as cynical as I, might offer the suggestion that these prize draw competitions could possibly be 'pre-determined' , but not being in marketing/PR myself I couldnt possibly confirm or deny this :huh:

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1337854164' post='1666319']
Aah fumps, you could fall in a bucket of tits and come up sucking your thumb.
[/quote]

Never heard this one before. This will keep me chuckling all day. Thanks Paul!

[quote name='Warwick_Official' timestamp='1337853704' post='1666313']
[/quote]

Do you know how much duties would be to the UK? I've got a feeling if someone here won there might be a nasty surprise waiting unless there's some way of bypassing it because it's a prize, I've only imported one thing so I don't know if that'd be special circumstances.

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1337857570' post='1666399']
None it's within the EU.
[/quote]

Can we be sure of that? After all, the user Warwick_Official lists his location as California. In which case you would have to pay about 25% on top of the original price in order to pay for import charges and VAT.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1337859021' post='1666450']
Also why is the competition being run via Facebook and not simply off the Warwick web site?
[/quote]

Because this fits with their social media strategy, to encourage usage and engagement via a more interactive and intuitive platform?

You know, the same way many people run such campaigns from their official Facebook pages.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1337859389' post='1666461']
Can we be sure of that? After all, the user Warwick_Official lists his location as California. In which case you would have to pay about 25% on top of the original price in order to pay for import charges and VAT.
[/quote]
Although I'm based in the Northern California Bay Area, the bass will be shipped from Germany. I'm a member of the newly formed social media team, and cover the main English language forums in an effort to avoid language/translation barriers that may have occurred in the past. Shipping will be paid by Warwick, duties/taxes to be covered by the buyer, if applicable. Thanks!