Why become a member? ×

Mark @ Bass Direct = Top Man = Top Service!

tonyf

I'm probably not the first to post this kind of thing and I'm guessing I won't be the last but I'd like to praise the amazing customer focus and attention to detail of Mark at Bass Direct.

Firstly, a couple of weeks ago, he spent ages engaged with me whilst I was in the shop looking at amps and cabs. I'd originally gone in there with the intention of looking at one amp but from spending loads of time listening to what I wanted and asking exactly the right questions, suggested something totally different. Gotta admit, my initial thought was "yeah, but it's more expensive so I'll be spending more cash" but he was right on the money, the Genz heads and Berg cabinets I tried were EXACTLY what I was hearing in my head.

Anyway, more importantly, I'd brought some accessories whilst I was there which included a set of DR Sunbeams for my Yamaha Nathan East. Wanted to try something different and again, Mark gave me some great advice on what suited the kind of tone, tension and feel I was after.

Went to string up last night and the B string started to unravel as it wound around the string post. No problem, these things happen. A quick email to Mark last night and I get a call first thing to tell me he's dispatching a replacement via first class post.

A prime example of brilliant service. Thanks Mark.

Tony

I was there yesterday afternoon.

He was trying to parcel up I don't know how many things that had been ordered while he was away, he'd resorted to doing it outside probably due to lack os space. He still found time to talk to me about pickups.

Walking into his shop I always feel like Alladin walking into the robber's cave :D.

Both times I have been to Bass Direct I have come away with something new! Mark is well alright, my first visit was on my birthday then went back two months later and he remembered me but also the fact I came with the Mrs and it was my birthday!

I could spend all day in there easily B)

I spoke to Mark a few months back regarding an amp they had in at BD, he was incredibly informative, friendly and helpful on the phone and you just got the impression he'd go out of his way to help out in any way he could. Not met him in person or been to the store but with customer service like that I'm sure it won't be long till I buy something from there.

[quote name='tonyf' timestamp='1334223548' post='1612663']
I'm probably not the first to post this kind of thing and I'm guessing I won't be the last but I'd like to praise the amazing customer focus and attention to detail of Mark at Bass Direct.

Firstly, a couple of weeks ago, he spent ages engaged with me whilst I was in the shop looking at amps and cabs. I'd originally gone in there with the intention of looking at one amp but from spending loads of time listening to what I wanted and asking exactly the right questions, suggested something totally different. Gotta admit, my initial thought was "yeah, but it's more expensive so I'll be spending more cash" but he was right on the money, the Genz heads and Berg cabinets I tried were EXACTLY what I was hearing in my head.

Anyway, more importantly, I'd brought some accessories whilst I was there which included a set of DR Sunbeams for my Yamaha Nathan East. Wanted to try something different and again, Mark gave me some great advice on what suited the kind of tone, tension and feel I was after.

Went to string up last night and the B string started to unravel as it wound around the string post. No problem, these things happen. A quick email to Mark last night and I get a call first thing to tell me he's dispatching a replacement via first class post.

A prime example of brilliant service. Thanks Mark.

Tony
[/quote]

He is a top man and obviously cares about 'bass' and all that goes with it, including the players.

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1334228233' post='1612785']
Yep, it's like a bassist's fantasy Trolley Dash location... :D
[/quote]
That's exactly why I gave the BD stand a wide berth at the London BG show this year! Last year my wallet suffered a serious hit, and all I have to show for it is a fantastic Roscoe bass <_<

Yep would give him my vote as best bass dealer I've ever dealt with and I've never even met him.
Helpful, pleasant and hugely knowledgable but never pushy like a salesman.

What more does an aspiring bassist need in life.
Another bass, a new amp, strings, effects, Mmmmmm !

Great guy to deal with

Dave

[quote name='stingraybassman' timestamp='1334336278' post='1614873']
I hear he is a selfless lover as well.
[/quote]ha ha... well it made me laugh... I think Marks shop is the best bass shop in the UK... ive been there and for a person who likes everything bass, his shop is amazing... even though hes not into Aguilar... ! :lol: :D

I can only echo what's been said already - I can't remember the last time I spoke to someone so enthusiastic about what he does. Even though he wasn't there in person, his contribution to the success of the recent Lefty Bass Bash was considerable.

While I'm here, it would be churlish I think to ignore the other top bass dealer around these parts in the person of Phil Nixon (known to members of this forum as Born 2B Mild), the man behind Bassgear. Phil was kind enough to bring a prototype Overwater Lefty-only bass to the bash, and I for one look forward to seeing the production model.

The Lefty bass community is lucky to have guys like these to support the cause. Long may it continue.

[quote name='barneyg42' timestamp='1334904783' post='1623125']
I'm taking passengers to Warwick castle Saturday and might give him visit, what's the parking like? I'm only in a small minibus (transit size) also is it a good place just browse without an appointment, I'm not after anything specific.
[/quote]

No problems. From the castle head out towards the M40 via the A429. Take the southbound exit and come off again almost immediately at j. 14 and go straight across the first roundabout. At the big roundabout head for Leamington, then look for the Heathcote industrial estate. Turn into Rigby Close and follow your nose round to the right. Plenty of parking space. Word of warning though - it's clearly marked but is not a 'normal' shopfront.

Edit: he closes early on a Saturday (2.30 IIRC)

Edited by leftybassman392