Why become a member? ×

cant get to my gear because someone died in our practice house

paulwillson

bizzare story! may even have to cancel a gig on tuesday :o Our drummers dad owns the house we practice in, we have our own room and its a really nice set up but apparantly we cant get in to practice tomorrow and maybe not till weds because he took some woman back from the pub last night and she died....thats all i know, i assume the police have quarantined it :S i wonder if the promoter is gonna buy that... :S

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1333964284' post='1608700']
Can see this coming up as a plot line for Silent Witness!
[/quote]

I'm seeing an entirely new series called Noisey Witness :blink:

A series of baffling murders that are solved by an internet forum consisting of bass players...

Edited by icastle

[quote name='paulwillson' timestamp='1333931569' post='1608502']
. . . . I assume the police have quarantined it :S i wonder if the promoter is gonna buy that... :S
[/quote]
Bizarre story indeed, but I wouldn't just assume the police won't let you get your gear. I would contact them and explain your situation and ask if you can get your gear. If not then at least you'll have a contact who can confirm the story if you have to cancel the gig.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1333965116' post='1608712']
Or 'Violent Shitness' as it's known in our house.
[/quote]

We call it 'Witless Silence'.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1333965116' post='1608712']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]You don't want to know what we call Waking The Dead.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Is it 'Shaking The Bed'? 'Making Some Bread'? ...'W***ing Old Fred'..?

[size=5][b]"well it looks to me like like... (puts on sunglasses, looks to left).. she fell into somones snare..."[/b][/size]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMPAH67f4o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMPAH67f4o[/url]

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1333936085' post='1608533']
The house will be treated as a potential crime scene until the postmortem is completed if the cause of death was sudden and unexpected.

How long it's going to take really depends on what the pathologist finds.
[/quote]

In all likelihood I would expect the crime scene to be stood down before then. Once all potential evidence has been collected it will probably be stood down, as long as there is nothing outwardly suspicious about the state of the deceased or evidence of third party involvement. An HO Post Mortem can't always be conducted on the same day the deceased is recovered. I guess it mostly depends on circumstances we (and the OP) are not privvy to.

In any event, you won't be going near that gear until the scene is stood down, so you might as well not get too hung up on it.