Why become a member? ×

is your rig a keeper?

bubinga5

ive had the Aguilar for a long time now and it never ceases to amaze me how good it sounds... basses have come and gone, but the AG 500sc and the 212 always delivers a fantastic sound.. easy to use fairly light weight...

i dont look any further for a better sound..

have you found your amp first time round or are you still looking?

I've been using a GK 800RB for almost 3 years, which is the longest I've ever settled with one amp for. I've had nicer sounding bass heads but I really do appreciate this amp for how reliable it's been and it always sits nicely in the mix.

Edited by thumbo

Still looking. I think the Ashdown ABM I now have is a keeper but not sure about my TC electronic BC212. I took them out to play a loud gig a couple of weeks ago and the volume just wasn't there. It may have had something to do with the way I'd set the EQ but it prompted me to go right out and put a deposit on a barefaced compact. I reckon both cabs combined should be loud enough for any venue.

[size=5][sup]I use TF and Ag cabs...and they sound great. Hard to get a bad sound out of the amp..and I hardly touch the EQ.[/sup][/size]
[size=5][sup]The basses help here, of course, IMO.[/sup][/size]
[size=5][sup]This is my middle stage rig...and I am toying with getting a bigger one but haven't found this running out of steam yet.[/sup][/size]
[size=5][sup]I also have a small 400w rig..for stages that need a small footprint[/sup][/size]

TC electronic classic 450 and bergantino ae212. Simple, compact, loud and sounds great for me. Simplicity is everything for me and I'm a happy camper. Went through lots of other rigs first but can't see me changing anytime soon.

I'm quite liking my rig at the moment. Eden "Metro" combo and Markbass 102HF cab. I like the amount of low end you get from it, even down to notes like G. Having said that, I think the amp is maybe a bit heavy so I am certainly not ruling out a change.

As for my bass though. I have decided that I definitely need a change up from my peavey in the near future.

Edited by EdwardHimself

I might qualify for a record! I've had my Boogie Bass 400 and Diesel 2x15 for 23 years and wouldn't dream of using anything else. As soon as I heard it I knew I needn't ever buy anything else. I notice Sting and Macca caught up with me after a few years!

I started out with 2 cabs but just never needed the pair. I use a 2x18 for outdoor shows as you lose some bass outside and the 18's are just the job.

Current rig:

TCE RH450 - not used in full band situation yet so can't comment
Barefaced vintage - so long as I can manage the size and don't need smaller cabs it's definitely a keeper.
SBMM SB14 with nordstrand mm4.3 - love the sound want it in different colour, so would only change for really shallow reasons.

in fact if anyone has the SBMM ray34 classic in this colour and wants to swap for a blue SB14 drop me a PM:

http://www.theperfectbass.com/dynaweb/1001081/Images/1001081stl_ray34catsb_sr22926_lg.jpg

I'm well happy with my rig, but I still want other stuff because like owning nice stuff!
I'd love to own an all Aguilar rig and I love the look of Purple Chilli cabs. I also love Orange cabs and hopefully will have an OBC115 winging it's way to me soon!

Truckstop

Having used the same rig for the best part of 10 years and sold it to go lightweight, I now realised I had it and let it go :(

My EBS HD350 + Proline 410 + Proline 115 sounded absolutely effin huge and was just so cultured. The TC Electronics Classic 450 + RS210 + RS212 that replaced has absolutely nothing wrong with it APART from it's not the EBS kit. It's lightweight, loud, sounds great but it's only problem is that it doesn't have the EBS tone. Like everything, it's personal preference. Like preferring a Precision over a Jazz. Each to their own. :huh:

Operation "I want it back" is underway.

Guest teamcoy

I sadly sold my SWR750 with Sansamp RBI and Ampeg 810 around 4 years ago. That amp was a beast.

Current rig shows promise, is a lot more portable but just doesn't have the wow factor for me.

My back is much happier, however, them's the breaks.

Edited by teamcoy

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1331845497' post='1579919']
[size=5][sup]I use TF and Ag cabs...and they sound great. Hard to get a bad sound out of the amp..and I hardly touch the EQ.[/sup][/size]
[/quote]

Ditto! ;)

I'm using the 550 and a pair of DB112s I can't imagine anything better and it took me several years of trialling Neo driver loaded cabs and class D heads to arrive at the conclusion that they just didn't do it for me despite my wanting to shed as much weight as possible from my rig... I don't need to compromise with the TF/Aggies! :D

I really loved the sound I got from my Trace Elliot AH350SMX with a pair of Peavey 4X10 TX's - sounded truly immense at any venue I'd played, that said with four buggered discs in my lower back, I simply had no choice (other than aquire a roadie) than to part company with it. I still see and hear it fairly regularly as I sold it to a mate of mine - he has no comprehension of what he's got and despite me helping him set up the EQ etc on a few occasions - he has the memory span of a newt - it always sounds sh1t. I so want to change the smiley face of the graphic back to the slightly sad face I had it set up to, but hey, it's his rig now so...

Anyhow, my lightweight MarkBass gear is very pleasing to my ears (and my back), so definitely a keeper!

I used a Trace AH400SMX with Mesa Boogie 1x15 & 2x10 cabs for years and was reasonably happy with my sound....until I changed my main gigging bass and then the combination just didn't work for me. I'm really happy with my current Markbass (MoMark) amp and Bergantino AE410 cab and can't see myself changing this.