Why become a member? ×

What sort of bassist are you?

xilddx

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1330822845' post='1563568']
Whatever you FEEL is a lot.
[/quote]
Oh well, i guess i don't really practice as much as i could/should/would want...Kind of feeling bitchslapped after this pool, needed that, thanks :D

[quote name='JimBobTTD' timestamp='1330836636' post='1563605']
Done.

I chose practice a lot (weekly rehearsals plus stuff at home) and in a band that plays live (when we can).
[/quote]

That pretty much describes me too, but I put "don't really practice much" as I feel I should be practicing more at home but don't have the time. I'm on BC instead.

Although I have band rehearsals once a week, and practice at home too, I can't say that I practice a lot. I would imagine that practising a lot is a good few hours everyday, and really trying to push the boundaries of your playing to improve yourself.

Wish there had been an option for "I don't practice a lot, but I'm in a band that plays live, and I get involved in various other live and studio projects, although I don't get time to practice as much as I would like to and I'm too lazy to learn to sightread properly" :D

What about a "Used to play live but don't anymore, never practice, play at home for own pleasure & occasionally get thrown a bit of session work" option?

That would be the one I'd choose. :)

(I'm assuming by "Practice" you mean actively trying to improve your playing by working on stuff like scales, learning new songs etc & not just picking the bass up & noodling aimlessly about).

My category was 'I don't really practice much, but I'm in two or more bands that play live'

Ideally the 'much' would be replaced by 'enough' - I don't pick up a bass every day and feel I ought to.

I fall into the "shame on you" catergory. We play maybe 5 x a year, but me and the guitarist 'jam' (learn new stuff go over old stuff) every week when I am in the uk. Because we are dinosaurs we tend only to do what we think we know. What that entails is me getting the words and him providing the chord sequence all nice on an A4 sheet and off we go. Another song in the bag. Of course it can sound like sh1te, but sometimes we get lucky. And yes I should but I don't ....... It's an age thing. But then we only play one Gaff, we drink in that Gaff, everyone knows us in the place and we can clear it quicker than a posse of Bizzies (police).

I voted "I don't really practice much, but I'm in a band that plays live". Two qualifications, I noodle a hell of a lot (maybe an hour a day), rather than practice (I find just holding a bass and farting around on it therapeutic). And I just quit my band!