Why become a member? ×

EBS Reidmar

JakeBrownBass

Hi all you Reidmar users out there. I am currently running a Genz Benz Streamliner 600 into two Vanderkley cabs (210 and 112). Very interested in all the positive comments about the Reidmar. Used to have an EBS HD350 which I have regrets about parting with. I love the EBS sound and the light weight of the Reidmar is very appealing to me. Just wondered if any of you out there had any experience of using both the Reidmar and the GB Streamliner 600? Cheers.

[quote name='Alanbass' timestamp='1330038348' post='1551997']
Hi all you Reidmar users out there. I am currently running a Genz Benz Streamliner 600 into two Vanderkley cabs (210 and 112). Very interested in all the positive comments about the Reidmar. Used to have an EBS HD350 which I have regrets about parting with. I love the EBS sound and the light weight of the Reidmar is very appealing to me. Just wondered if any of you out there had any experience of using both the Reidmar and the GB Streamliner 600? Cheers.
[/quote]

Not the Streamliner but I used to own the GB Shuttle 6 and Shuttle 9. The Reidmar to me is a lot fuller sounding, punchier and warmer. The Shuttle 6 was a nice amp and I was happy with it but the Shuttle 9 I found was thin and clinical and lacked character. I find the Reidmar is a lot more sensitive tonally which I prefer as its easier to dial in various tones. I really can't fault my Reidmar and is easily the best sounding amp I have owned to date. Its so good that I am very tempted to sell my MarkBass CMD121 combo which I also love.

Going a bit away from the reidmar, anybody tried the classic 112 against a neo 112? Wich one sounds more transparent? I'm affraid that the classic will have a more "vintage" sound with a mid scoop. I love the sound of my Neo 110 and am looking to buy a 112 cab to pair up with my future reidmar (the cabs need to come first). Cheers

[quote name='nottswarwick' timestamp='1330075362' post='1552213']
ooo, but is it loud enough........

Need to try one out. Anyone a-b tested with a HD 350 at 4 ohms?
[/quote]

Yup...

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/159447-ebs-reidmar/page__view__findpost__p__1481211"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/159447-ebs-reidmar/page__view__findpost__p__1481211[/url]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/159447-ebs-reidmar/page__view__findpost__p__1492685"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/159447-ebs-reidmar/page__view__findpost__p__1492685[/url]

What can i say, i used a EBS hd350 for about 7 years and loved it... Until the reidmar came out, it makes my SWR goliath 4 x 10 sing :-) .... Its amazing too to think that its only 250watts aswell... Just shows that alot of these other brands lie about the wattage especially when A B against the other micro amps like mark bass.... If you haven't tested one of these beasts yet, don't make judgment till you have tried one.. You might actually be quite surprised, i do feel ebs are becoming abit of a dark horse in this market range of amp.. Like to see marcus miller play through of these heads with a proline 4 x 10 :-)

So i was thinking about getting one of these. Im still worried about the 250 watts thing. Im using hartke lh500 at the moment, which has always been great through a single 8 ohm 15" cab.

Id be using it mostly in small venues(anyone in dublin think, sweeneys, mercantile, wheelans etc) playing with anything from a 3 piece to a 9-10 piece with a horn section, keys etc. Also it might be a clean signal or quite dubby with a good few pedals, depending on the act. I would like to get it with the two 1x12 ebs classic cabs, id prefer 2 2x10's but there so damn expensive it seems for anything good.

Do you think it would work for me?

[quote name='fatgoogle' timestamp='1330266078' post='1554829']
So i was thinking about getting one of these. Im still worried about the 250 watts thing. Im using hartke lh500 at the moment, which has always been great through a single 8 ohm 15" cab.

Id be using it mostly in small venues(anyone in dublin think, sweeneys, mercantile, wheelans etc) playing with anything from a 3 piece to a 9-10 piece with a horn section, keys etc. Also it might be a clean signal or quite dubby with a good few pedals, depending on the act. I would like to get it with the two 1x12 ebs classic cabs, id prefer 2 2x10's but there so damn expensive it seems for anything good.

Do you think it would work for me?
[/quote]

In my opinion I would say, especially with two classic cabs. My one classic cab and Reidmar which is pushing out 125 watts has replaced my MarkBass CMD112 combo which pushes out 300 watts.

[quote name='fatgoogle' timestamp='1330266078' post='1554829']
...I'm still worried about the 250 watts thing... ...Do you think it would work for me?
[/quote]

If it's any help, I was worried about the same thing, but my LM250 + BFM J12 (8 ohms) churns out stupid amounts of volume, and I only ever have the master at 11 o'clock, even in large venues.

I'm no expert by any means, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that if you wanted your 100W amp to be twice as loud, you would need a 1000W amp... or something. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that one! :)

Heres the pictures of the components inside Reidmar, as i promised. Please do report if any of you tech savys reckonize the components amp sections used. I haven't screwn it back together yet, so please let me know if you need a closer look on certain sections so that i wont have to open the amp again.

[url="http://imgur.com/a/xEUOG"]http://imgur.com/a/xEUOG[/url]

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1330473747' post='1558217']
Going by the wording on the PCB, it looks like this was originally going to be called the Classic 250. Seems like an evolution of the never to reach retail Classic 160 but with an uprated power output.
[/quote]

I think that would had been a better name considering it is being promoted with the Classic cabs.

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1330473852' post='1558220']
I think that would had been a better name considering it is being promoted with the Classic cabs.
[/quote]

I personally love tossing the name Reidmar around. Owning an amp named Reidmar makes me feel like a viking playing bass :)

[quote name='sunsse' timestamp='1330475133' post='1558234']
I personally love tossing the name Reidmar around. Owning an amp named Reidmar makes me feel like a viking playing bass :)
[/quote]

I do agree and I love the fact that it has dragons on the front. My wife loves dragons and I keep reminding her that I have dragons on my amp :) However, the sensible boring side of me thinks from a marketing point of view, calling it the classic 250 would had been better. Still, I got dragons so I am happy and I am up for being a Viking bass player too :)

[quote name='jcater' timestamp='1330509198' post='1558408']
All this talk of Vikings I guess that you guys will all be wearing helmets and going in for a bit of raping and pilaging at future gigs. Should attract larger audiences
[/quote]

Yes, this is quite true. I have already bought a nice fur lined leather waistcoat to look the part and I was going to try and pop to B & Q at the weekend to pick up an Axe. Idealy I wanted a Swedish PSG-90 sniper rifle but my wife said that its not really keeping with the whole Viking theme and not something B & Q would stock but if I wanted to pillage the garden shed then i am more than welcome :D