Why become a member? ×

EBS Reidmar

JakeBrownBass

Anyone seen one of these in the flesh yet?

Seems a little understated at only 250 watts, but i'd love to hear it in the flesh at a gigging situation.

[size=1][/size]

[b] Technical Specifications EBS Reidmar 250[/b]

Input Impedance 2 Mohms Gain Range -00 - +30 dB Character Filter Shelving, High/Low Pass, +7 dB @ 40 Hz, -2 dB @ 800 Hz,
+3 dB @ 10 kHz Tone Controls, Bass Shelving +/-18 dB @ 60 Hz Mid Bandpass Filter 100 – 6000 Hz
+/- 12-15 dB Treble Shelving +/-18 dB @ 6 kHz Bright Shelving +15/-0 dB @ 10 kHz Balanced Output -10 dBv, Pre/Post EQ, GND Lift Output Power 250 W RMS @ 4 ohms load 125 W RMS @ 8 ohms load Dimensions (WxDxH) 14 x 9.8 x 3.0” (36 x 25 x 7.5 cm) Weight 3.2 kg (7.1 lbs.)

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1320340072' post='1425606']
They look lovely.

250w might not seem like much, but it's 14w more than the TC RH450.

*ducks behind rock*
[/quote]

<HANDBAGS> :)

I'm seriously thinking of getting one of these when they appear on our shores.

My last but one amp was a EBS HD-350 which I replaced with a TC Classic450 in order to downsize. However, really missing the tone of the EBS head.

At the mo, in terms of volume, the Classic450 is more than enough for me, (at those 238 watts ;-) so the 250w of the Reidmar isn't something that I'm not that worried about.

As long as I can get the EBS tone that I had before in a more portable head, I'll be a happy boy.

Edited by tonyf

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1320360162' post='1425993']I heard this at Frankfurt - it did sound awesome. Had the typical EBS tone although not having tried it out in the field, I can't say how it copes in gigging situations yet. Defo watching this one...[/quote]

When I get mine, pop down the A38 for a listen :)

I bet you are - it could really help your back!!

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1320360162' post='1425993']
I heard this at Frankfurt - it did sound awesome. Had the typical EBS tone although not having tried it out in the field, I can't say how it copes in gigging situations yet. Defo watching this one...
[/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' timestamp='1320360765' post='1426006']
I bet you are - it could really help your back!!
[/quote]

I have the TD650 and HD350 - I must admit, the HD350 is getting more outtings at the moment! Its the bigger gigs that see the 650 being rolled out!

[quote name='tonyf' timestamp='1320347926' post='1425739']

<HANDBAGS> :)

I'm seriously thinking of getting one of these when they appear on our shores.

My last but one amp was a EBS HD-350 which I replaced with a TC Classic450 in order to downsize. However, really missing the tone of the EBS head.

At the mo, in terms of volume, the Classic450 is more than enough for me, (at those 238 watts ;-) so the 250w of the Reidmar isn't something that I'm not that worried about.

As long as I can get the EBS tone that I had before in a more portable head, I'll be a happy boy.
[/quote]

Totally depends if the specs are accurate with this new amp, and it depends on how they 'use the watts' so to speak. As I have amps ranging from 200W tube amps to 900W Class D amps, they all have their version of 'very loud', and I can say the RH450 NEVER seems to lack volume. You may not like the technology they use on the TC amps to produce this 'pushed tube compression feel' but lack of volume is, as youve experience, not an issue.

Comparing it directly to a normal 250W amp wouldnt, in my experience, mean they are similar in perceived output.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1320405284' post='1426333']
...You may not like the technology they use on the TC amps to produce this 'pushed tube compression feel' ...[/quote]

I think you've misunderstood, Gareth, I didn't compain about the technology at all. Personally, I couldn't give a flying foo about how the amp produced the sound, as long as it does and it sounds good and it's loud enough to get above the din that the rest of those other eejiots in the band are making :)

Guess when you know in your heart when you've finally found something that really works for you.

I mean, my Classic450 has been a revelation, it's a great product. I think TC have created great amps in the Classic450 and RH450. My Classic450 sounds REALLY good when cranked and I've had enough quality valve amps (Ampeg Pro II and a Trace V8) to know. However, as good as it is, I just fancy moving back to the tone I had with my EBS kit but with a much smaller footprint than the HD350 or TD650/660.

T

[quote name='JakeBrownBass' timestamp='1320423885' post='1426765']I love my hd350, and if this can replicate the sound i have currently without too much of a loss of volume i'm going to definitely be looking at it.

Can't wait to actually have a go on one.[/quote]
Same here!
The fact that they kept the bright control looks very promising IMO.

[quote name='JakeBrownBass' timestamp='1320428231' post='1426862']

You see, i don't really use the Bright control but it's always there if i want it. I'm more after the inherent tone of the EBS gear.[/quote]
Sure, same here (again) though what the bright control can do for a nice 70's jazz is magic. Used or not, the inclusion of the bright filter to me indicates more similarity to the "full scale" EBS heads than if they had dropped it. Anyway, looking forward to testing one within short!

• 1 month later...

I went into Colchester today to try one of these out (I use a TD650 and Pro Line 2000 cabs from Tonyf, heavy but can't find the same tone anywhere else).

I've tried Genz Benz, TC (which I just couldn't get on with the sound of at all) and Mark Bass (which I still use as my lightweight setup). But nothing comes close to the EBS sound to my ears, I know it's personal taste.

Worryingly, when they plugged it in it was DOA!! They are getting a replacement in this week, so will report back on how it sounds.

Would be fantastic if they have that EBS tone in such a light and compact package, and hopefully it has enough punch. Price seemed pretty good too at £399.

From what they were saying in the shop the demo unit they listened to was impressively loud for 250 watts, will reserve judgement until I hear it myself.

Edited by ltswifty

[quote name='ltswifty' timestamp='1323093914' post='1459131']
Would be fantastic if they have that EBS tone in such a light and compact package, and hopefully it has enough punch. Price seemed pretty good too at £399.
From what they were saying in the shop the demo unit they listened to was impressively loud for 250 watts, will reserve judgement until I hear it myself.
[/quote]

I'm hoping the same too, the idea that I can get that HD/TD tone in such a small package is really appealing to me.

Keep us posted Simon as soon as they get the DOA replaced! :)

Tony

I am a little interested in this head also although I am very new to the whole EBS thing. I bought a classic 60 combo which sounds amazing. Very warm with a full vintage tone and very loud. Sounds amazing with my acoustic band with either a Precision or Stingray. If EBS made a 250w - 300w classic combo, maybe with a 15" speaker then I would be first in line to grab one as it would be perfect for the bigger gigs I do.. So I have been looking at this head but the problem I have is EBS don't make a small 4 ohms classic cab like a 1 x 12 or 1 x 15. If I used the head with the Classic 1 x 12, I would only get about 125 watts output and I might as well buy the Classic 120 combo which would be much cheaper. My only options is the EBS Neoline 115 which is 4 ohms and 300 watts rating or the EBS Neoline 210 which is 4 ohms and 400 watt rating. Not only are these cabs very expensive, they are also a little overkill for a 250 watt head and defeat the object or have a small rig.

Still, I would be interested to hear peoples opinions on this head when they starting arriving.

[quote name='JakeBrownBass' timestamp='1320339386' post='1425584']
Anyone seen one of these in the flesh yet?

Seems a little understated at only 250 watts, but i'd love to hear it in the flesh at a gigging situation.

[size=1][/size]

[b] Technical Specifications EBS Reidmar 250[/b]

Input Impedance 2 Mohms Gain Range -00 - +30 dB Character Filter Shelving, High/Low Pass, +7 dB @ 40 Hz, -2 dB @ 800 Hz,
+3 dB @ 10 kHz Tone Controls, Bass Shelving +/-18 dB @ 60 Hz Mid Bandpass Filter 100 – 6000 Hz
+/- 12-15 dB Treble Shelving +/-18 dB @ 6 kHz Bright Shelving +15/-0 dB @ 10 kHz Balanced Output -10 dBv, Pre/Post EQ, GND Lift Output Power 250 W RMS @ 4 ohms load 125 W RMS @ 8 ohms load Dimensions (WxDxH) 14 x 9.8 x 3.0” (36 x 25 x 7.5 cm) Weight 3.2 kg (7.1 lbs.)
[/quote]

Looks like they got the casing from the same guys who made the old Sky+ boxes ;-)

:) :)

[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/Jake_tfbs/IMG_1203.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/Jake_tfbs/IMG_1204.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/Jake_tfbs/IMG_1205.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/Jake_tfbs/IMG_1206.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/Jake_tfbs/IMG_1208.jpg[/IMG]

Ok, first impressions.

This thing sounds amazing.
It really has kept true to that EBS sound.
From playing in my room i'd happily say its just as loud as my hd350 was when paired with a 210. I've got a backline gig tonight so i'll report back on that later.
Really really impressed with the cabs, rather than having a rotary tweeter control they've got a simple on/off switch & with them turned off you get a really nice old school sound, sounds great with my neck pickup.
I wouldn't say the cabs were heavy or light but saying this they are an easy one hand lift. A lot easier to carry than my old epifani.

So yeah, as of now i'm totally loving it. Going to put it through it's paces tonight and report back.

Also, i hope to get some time next week to record a full video review of the amp to show all lovely people.

Jake

[quote name='JakeBrownBass' timestamp='1323444421' post='1463515']
Ok, first impressions.

This thing sounds amazing.
It really has kept true to that EBS sound.
From playing in my room i'd happily say its just as loud as my hd350 was when paired with a 210. I've got a backline gig tonight so i'll report back on that later.
Really really impressed with the cabs, rather than having a rotary tweeter control they've got a simple on/off switch & with them turned off you get a really nice old school sound, sounds great with my neck pickup.
I wouldn't say the cabs were heavy or light but saying this they are an easy one hand lift. A lot easier to carry than my old epifani.

So yeah, as of now i'm totally loving it. Going to put it through it's paces tonight and report back.

Also, i hope to get some time next week to record a full video review of the amp to show all lovely people.

Jake
[/quote]

Wow, that looks amazing and really happy you got some classic cabs as they are on my radar. Not sure what the difference is tonally between a 10" or a 12" cab but I see EBS make both in the classic range. My only concern is with one cab, its only 125 watts which is not a lot although you do say its very loud. Looking foward to more info from you when you get the chance.