Why become a member? ×

EBS Reidmar

JakeBrownBass

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1334952981' post='1624110']
OK back on topic, just bought myself one of these as a small light backup for my Eden, TBH I can see me using the Reidmar instead, it is AWESOME loud, can't wait for 1st rehearsal with it tomorrow!
[/quote]

How did the rehearsal go?

I love my Fafner, absolutely adore the sound; but I keep looking at these and think if I traded in my Fafner and proline 4x10 I could get a Reidmar and maybe a Barefaced Compact and if I then ran an EBS Valvedrive in the fx loop would I get the same, or at least a close approximation of the tone? I do keep thinking I'll miss the bright switch as I leave that on pretty much permanently. Any thoughts?

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1338636807' post='1677433']
I love my Fafner, absolutely adore the sound; but I keep looking at these and think if I traded in my Fafner and proline 4x10 I could get a Reidmar and maybe a Barefaced Compact and if I then ran an EBS Valvedrive in the fx loop would I get the same, or at least a close approximation of the tone? I do keep thinking I'll miss the bright switch as I leave that on pretty much permanently. Any thoughts?
[/quote]

Try a Valvedrive with the Fafner.

I currently own a Warwick ProFet 5.1. I recently bought two EBS 112's and am now wondering about the Reidmar...at 250 watts, is this going to be a step up for me? The Warwick is 500 watts, but doesn't feel particularly loud to me. I do like the sound and don't really NEED to replace it, but well...I guess you get the idea. So, opinions are welcome. The price of the Reidmar is pretty tempting...

Cheers, Grtz

[quote name='grtz' timestamp='1338640289' post='1677503']
I currently own a Warwick ProFet 5.1. I recently bought two EBS 112's and am now wondering about the Reidmar...at 250 watts, is this going to be a step up for me? The Warwick is 500 watts, but doesn't feel particularly loud to me. I do like the sound and don't really NEED to replace it, but well...I guess you get the idea. So, opinions are welcome. The price of the Reidmar is pretty tempting...

Cheers, Grtz
[/quote]

I really think you are going to have to go and try one out but to be honest, I really don't think you will be dissapointed especially as you have two 112's already. The Reidmar is very very loud as in old skool loud.

Thanks Linus. Reading through this thread everyone seems to be very happy with theirs. I did manage to check one out at a local shop and really really liked it. Only concern is how it would perform in my band setting, which I haven't been able to try yet, but it sounded pretty loud indeed. Put some stuff for sale on commission the other day. If that shifts I might just pull the trigger on this one.

Thanks again,
Grtz

Edited by grtz

Ok guys,

I've been touring with my Reidmar & classic cabs for the past 3 weeks so i thought i'd come back and leave some feedback about how it's getting on in larger venues.

Every show has full FOH so the Reidmar is essentially mine & the bands bass monitor as wedges never give enough bass back to you.

The good points:

This thing still blows me away every single show, i've never had to have the volume past 9 o'clock & gain past 12. And this is for the entire band to hear the bass properly. Most venues it doesn't even get to 9 o'clock before its too loud.

The tone is to die for, from hi-fi modern tones, to old school thumps. This thing can do it.

The bad points:

Just two little niggles at the moment for me but it's not the Reidmar's fault, the damn thing keeps vibrating almost off the cabs when the bass is being pushed. Anyone got any tips for this?

The second is the 1x10 cabinet. Again when the bass is being pushed, the fabric grill begins to flap and hit the wooden frame in which it's attached to. Not entirely sure what to do about this yet, i've taken the plastic classic line logo off from the bottom right hand corner as it would click against the frame.

[quote name='JakeBrownBass' timestamp='1338723262' post='1678407']
Ok guys,

I've been touring with my Reidmar & classic cabs for the past 3 weeks so i thought i'd come back and leave some feedback about how it's getting on in larger venues.

Every show has full FOH so the Reidmar is essentially mine & the bands bass monitor as wedges never give enough bass back to you.

The good points:

This thing still blows me away every single show, i've never had to have the volume past 9 o'clock & gain past 12. And this is for the entire band to hear the bass properly. Most venues it doesn't even get to 9 o'clock before its too loud.

The tone is to die for, from hi-fi modern tones, to old school thumps. This thing can do it.

The bad points:

Just two little niggles at the moment for me but it's not the Reidmar's fault, the damn thing keeps vibrating almost off the cabs when the bass is being pushed. Anyone got any tips for this?

The second is the 1x10 cabinet. Again when the bass is being pushed, the fabric grill begins to flap and hit the wooden frame in which it's attached to. Not entirely sure what to do about this yet, i've taken the plastic classic line logo off from the bottom right hand corner as it would click against the frame.
[/quote]

Thanks Jake. I have found the same. LArge venue with full PA and on stage monitors and I found that I only ever needed the bass set at 9pm. Less even in some cases. The thing is so damn loud.

[i]I'm not in the same league as Linus 27 and JakeBrownBass in that most of my gigs are pubs and clubs where the PA is only really for the vocals. The Reidmar continues to behave really well with no volume issues and plenty of great tones. Having difficulty deciding which to use of the 2 classic 112 or a Neo 112 and a Neo 110. At the moment i think the Neo's are probably winning. [/i]

[i]Anyone else tried the amp with the Neo cabs?[/i]

[quote name='JakeBrownBass' timestamp='1338723262' post='1678407']
[/quote]

Blu-tac. Serious. (Guys with fur cabinets... don't try this - but its ok on the tolex covered Classic cabs)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1339152148' post='1684373']
A square of carpet underlay works for me. :D
[/quote]

Funny isn't it? All this gear and fundamental problems still remain - something which all lightweight heads suffer with!

Still thinking of going for a Reidmar if I decide to sell my Ashdown ABM but haven't tried one yet (I'll add that so far I generally haven't got on too well with Markbass or GB). I'm currently using a Barefaced Compact; has anyone any experience of trying a Reidmar through Barefaced? Also does anyone know how the Classic cabs compare?

[quote name='colleya' timestamp='1339784538' post='1694426']
Cutlery drawer liner from IKEA. Lovely and grippy.[/quote]

Got some of this stuff in black.
It's 'tacky' and is useful for loads of things, but I just can't think what it's called... anyone?

I bought a sheet of similar grippy stuff at Halfords for £3.99. Stops your 'phone sliding across your dashboard if you take a corner enthusiastically. It also stopped my new Reidmar from vibrating off the top of my cabs tonight and we were giving it some hammer too!
Night all!

• 2 weeks later...

I've just ordered a Reidmar with 2 ClassicLine 112's... I have a question regarding impedance... The amp only has one speaker out, so I'll have to wire them in series, which I'm guessing will send speaker impedance into 16 ohm? Or is there some kind of system which makes them still be wired in parallel even though the second cab is plugged to the first?

Seems weird that they'd market this combination so much if it's not delivering the full 250W at 4 ohm, and is instead delivering whatever it is at 16 ohm? Should the Reidmar even operate at 16 ohm??? They only mention 4 and 8 under the speaker out...

Please explain! Thanks.

[quote name='1976fenderhead' timestamp='1340921567' post='1711697']
I've just ordered a Reidmar with 2 ClassicLine 112's... I have a question regarding impedance... The amp only has one speaker out, so I'll have to wire them in series, which I'm guessing will send speaker impedance into 16 ohm? Or is there some kind of system which makes them still be wired in parallel even though the second cab is plugged to the first?

Seems weird that they'd market this combination so much if it's not delivering the full 250W at 4 ohm, and is instead delivering whatever it is at 16 ohm? Should the Reidmar even operate at 16 ohm??? They only mention 4 and 8 under the speaker out...

Please explain! Thanks.
[/quote]

Connect the Reidmar to the first cab, then the first cab to the 2nd.

The cabs are wired in parallel, resulting in a 4 ohm load.

[quote name='JakeBrownBass' timestamp='1340921902' post='1711705']
Connect the Reidmar to the first cab, then the first cab to the 2nd.

The cabs are wired in parallel, resulting in a 4 ohm load.
[/quote]

Thanks, was just coming here to post that upon some reading I'd come to the same conclusion but you beat me to it :) Will still be in parallel even when daisy chained.

So I got it finally, happy with it and the cabs, but there's 2 things that worry me a bit reliability-wise:

- the light in the Character button is significantly dimmer than the the light in the Filter button
- the plastic socket the power lead plugs to gives a bit when I unplug the lead or pull it out slightly, it comes out a couple of mm on the plug side (the Power On switch side seems to be more solidly attached)... worried it will break free from the unit at some point!

Anyone else has these same 'quirks' with their units?

Hey 1976Fenderhead, I just got the Reidmar.. Yes to the power input 'giving' a little bit, in fact it made a little snapping sound when I first plugged in the kettle lead :o and yes it is slightly 'wiggly'. No though to the one light being dimmer, they both appear about the same brightness. I toyed with the idea of taking it back to the shop (I bought local) because of the wiggly lead but perhaps it's like that on all the units.
The amp is great though eh? I tried a lot of amps including ones with much higher supposed power ratings (including the ABM III at apparently 1000watts) and it was not only much louder but the sound quality and tone is way better than even much more expensive amps I tried. How are you gettin on with yours?