Why become a member? ×

EBS Reidmar

JakeBrownBass

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1334059821' post='1610233']
I might have an issue with my Reidmar. At loud volumes it's cutting out when I slap...as if it was hitting a limiter. It has only started to happen over the past couple of weeks. Even when the compressor/limiter control is off it still happens. Has anyone come across this yet? It could be that I am pushing the amp to its full capability, but it's a concern nonetheless.
[/quote]

Whats your settings looking like when this happens?

Well, my first experience with the Reidmar ended with me returning it to the shop and getting a Neo 112 instead. I found that i needed more headroom and not more power. After trying to find excuses to keep it with me i left it up to the band to decide wich amp should i keep. I reheased with both amps and the decision and everybody prefered the 9.0. The reidmar has more of everything in comparison with the shuttle, it has more power, more bass and more high but that extra bass was muddying my band's sound even after i rolled off the bass knob, the GB just has a tighter low end. another point for the GB was that i can get my sound with it set flat, on the Reidmar i had to reach for the Eq instantly. Playing alone the Reidmar sounds better but in the mix the GB cuts trough better and is more defined.
I still want a Reidmar in my arsenal for those occasions when i'm playing an outdoor gig and need that extra power but the cab is more important for now because my midget is still on the production cue. I'll be checking the sales forum to see when they start to pop up in there ;)

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1334065205' post='1610333']
Whats your settings looking like when this happens?
[/quote]

That's what's bugging me. No matter what settings I have its happening. Even when I turn off the character or filter controls. Nothing wrong with my cabs...they work perfectly with my HD350 at the same volume. I have used the amp at a higher volume before and it didnt do it then. Tried different basses with the same result. My drummer was asking me to turn up, but I couldn't because the amp was cutting out. My backline volume is never that loud because he is a light drummer, so I am quite worried. If I can't get my head around it I might have to give Ralph @ EBS a bell.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1334072178' post='1610500']
?
[/quote]

I should have said that i found that i need more cone area than amp power, my single Neo 110 isn't enough for a live gig and the 9.0 has enough power to drive the cabs to the volume i need on stage.

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1334073344' post='1610524']
I should have said that i found that i need more cone area than amp power, my single Neo 110 isn't enough for a live gig and the 9.0 has enough power to drive the cabs to the volume i need on stage.
[/quote]

We did a 200+ gig last friday, i used GB and the Neo 110 (112 still on it's way) and i could hear my bass perfectly but in those harder moments i can't tell if i'm pushing the cab too hard so i decided to get another one so that i won't take the risk of damaging the 110 before the midget arives (when i gat the midget it will also be used alone if i fancy it over the EBS ones).

I like to travel light! :D

Slightly off topic, but I turned up at a gig with my Line 6 110 combo having been told there was PA support so only needed a monitor for myself. Turns out no PA support.
Stuck my 1x10 combo next to the drummer thinking disaster, but was suprised to hear the bass loud and clear and told was fine all round the room.
6 piece band. Must admit band not particularly loud and not a masive room but 100+ people.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1334138889' post='1611337']
A Neo 110 with even the quietest drummer would be (as a good friend of mine would say) fart city. The laws of physics and acoustics must be different in Portugal.
[/quote]

Nope! I don't dial sub-bass on my sound and i don't push the bass boost on my GB and i can still hear more than enough bass, in fact i have more bass from the Neo 110 than i ever had from the Shuttle 12T cab!!! If i wanted to make the walls shake and roofs collapse i would have stick it my old Trace Elliot rig...

As for the laws of physics i prefer to take the best advantage of them rather to go on overkill mode...

• 2 weeks later...

I have had my Reidmar a few weeks now and I am really loving it. Last night my Drummer even commented how much more alive my bass and cab sounded with the Reidmar compared to my old Markbass. I hate to say it because it was a genuinely solid and good amp but my old Markbass LM2 just doesnt even compare to the EBS.

One thing I would like to see from EBS though.....a proper case or bag for it! every other amp company makes a case for their small heads.

I got a foam insert carry case thingy from Maplins and trimmed to suit, also takes my multi effects pedal, and mike gear too. After rehearsal today All I can say is WOW! I can see the Eden taking a rest for the foreseeable future as this thing is the dogs danglies lol. Seemed to inmpress the rest of the band too, especially the guitarists with their '2 hand lift' all valve heads hehe!

NJE I A/B'd the Reidmar against a littlemark III and I reckon it was waaaay better, and nearly half the price!!...and not yellow! :)

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1335033850' post='1625099']
NJE I A/B'd the Reidmar against a littlemark III and I reckon it was waaaay better, and nearly half the price!!...and not yellow! :)
[/quote]

Hehe!! That's the only thing I didn't like about the LMIII I had. Looked like it was designed for ages 4-8yrs! I still think they are great sounding amps though.

• 2 weeks later...

I might have an issue with my [color="#ff0000"]Reidmar[/color]. At loud volumes it's cutting out when I slap...as if it was hitting a limiter. It has only started to happen over the past couple of weeks. Even when the compressor/limiter control is off it still happens. Has anyone come across this yet? It could be that I am pushing the amp to its full capability, but it's a concern nonetheless

Hi my man where did you get to with resolving your problems

[quote name='tividalebass' timestamp='1335961934' post='1638635']
I might have an issue with my [color=#ff0000]Reidmar[/color]. At loud volumes it's cutting out when I slap...as if it was hitting a limiter. It has only started to happen over the past couple of weeks. Even when the compressor/limiter control is off it still happens. Has anyone come across this yet? It could be that I am pushing the amp to its full capability, but it's a concern nonetheless

Hi my man where did you get to with resolving your problems
[/quote]

See post #350 on the previous page of articles.

The issue with my Reidmar cutting out came down to the Ampeg B410HLF cab I was using for a couple of weeks. I messed up the attenuator crossover which was why the cab (not the amp) was cutting out at high volumes. I used my EBS Pro 410 with the Reidmar at ear bleeding volumes at rehearsal the other night and all was good. I also used it at a gig with a Neo 210 last weekend and it didn't skip a heart beat. Panic over!

[quote name='fatgoogle' timestamp='1336387999' post='1644730']
Going to order my Reidmar and a single genz benz focus lt 2x10 today. Very excited. Is it a bank holiday today in the UK or are the shops open.
[/quote]

It is a bank holiday in England. Dunno about Scotland. The Internet will still be open for business.

Got to say a loving my reidmar with ebs 410 proline, was thinking of the classic cab but these weighty 410 go for such little money these days managed to get mine for the price of 1 classic cab, was a no brainer really. Wifey was not impressed at first but the sound soon won her round.

But you can change them for taller ones!

I'm guessing you have the same problem most of us have, to place the head on top of a cab where the manufacturer cleverly (or not) designed a handle... don't know why they keep doing that f******g sh**t, it's so easy to do a recessed handle like the ones on the Promethean gear...