Why become a member? ×

NOT GREAT NEW BASS DAY - EBMM Ray HH Matching Headstock

Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1318419290' post='1401826']
No yet, EBMM are aware and are investigating. Problem is, I can't fault it when they are right. I love their basses.
[/quote]

Lets face it Gareth, what ever bass you get, something along the way will go wrong with it. Its written in the stars :)

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1318418876' post='1401813']
11 pages lol. Well, the conclusion may well be an upgrade to a Classic Ray.
[/quote]

If this comes off, then I would settle for that.
Not sure what the price diff is but best let this resolve itself between you and the other parties, maybe..??

I hope you get a good result out of it.

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1318425147' post='1401971']
Have you seen this Gareth?...
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/157442-fs-mm-sterling-hh-dargie-delight-2/"]http://basschat.co.u...rgie-delight-2/[/url]

Eude
[/quote]
Tis lovely! However one Sterling is enough for me (for now hahah!)

[quote name='swanbrook' timestamp='1318489353' post='1402695']
I have heard of a few issues with classic necks, if one comes to the uk with a bad neck sure as fvck you will get it ;-)
[/quote]

And it will be from a bass he previously sent back :)

Sounds to me pretty obvious that the original order was lost, and this was a rush job botch and they hoped you would not notice.

PS if you ever buy another one, why not get a trusted friend to buy it for you, and try and trick your bad luck gremlin that way ?

Edited by daz

[quote name='daz' timestamp='1318609781' post='1404374']
Sounds to me pretty obvious that the original order was lost, and this was a rush job botch and they hoped you would not notice.

PS if you ever buy another one, why not get a trusted friend to buy it for you, and try and trick your bad luck gremlin that way ?
[/quote]

Haha, quite possibly!

That is a good idea re: asking a trusted friend to test.

The saga continues at the moment.

Well, as much as I dont mind a small upcharge to get a Classic (which is a fair bit more in most shops I think so it was a good deal I was offered) I don't feel in the position to upgrade to a higher model without a full test before I buy it.

So, as much as its calmed down, im re-negotiating my options.

EBMM did email me, but as yet, no outcome.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1318630795' post='1404739']
Well, as much as I dont mind a small upcharge to get a Classic (which is a fair bit more in most shops I think so it was a good deal I was offered) I don't feel in the position to upgrade to a higher model without a full test before I buy it.

So, as much as its calmed down, im re-negotiating my options.

EBMM did email me, but as yet, no outcome.
[/quote]

Just get your money back and chill out for a bit dude!

Eude

Just had a good read of this, all 12 pages!

I've owned several 'rays, currently have two (been playing one all morning :-)
Great basses, like has been said, when they are right, they are right!
Hope this hets sorted, the classic ray seems like a good option if it comes off

A few years back I got hold of a 5 string 'ray. White with matching headstock, maple neck, HH with white covers, looked very, white!
I found out shortly after, that at the time, this bass shouldn't have existed! It was an order that was put together in the UK! I think EB frowned upon it at the time! Around the same time, a friend of mine in the music trade, told me that EB were a bit pissed with S&T's putting orders together from what they had in stock, i.e. necks, pickgaurds etc. They were insisiting that the correct spec' bass was ordered from them if they didn't have it in stock! Sounds like they are still doing that?

Hope you get sorted!
Tony

[quote name='sshorepunk' timestamp='1318761278' post='1405785']
Just had a good read of this, all 12 pages!

I've owned several 'rays, currently have two (been playing one all morning :-)
Great basses, like has been said, when they are right, they are right!
Hope this hets sorted, the classic ray seems like a good option if it comes off

A few years back I got hold of a 5 string 'ray. White with matching headstock, maple neck, HH with white covers, looked very, white!
I found out shortly after, that at the time, this bass shouldn't have existed! It was an order that was put together in the UK! I think EB frowned upon it at the time! Around the same time, a friend of mine in the music trade, told me that EB were a bit pissed with S&T's putting orders together from what they had in stock, i.e. necks, pickgaurds etc. They were insisiting that the correct spec' bass was ordered from them if they didn't have it in stock! Sounds like they are still doing that?

Hope you get sorted!
Tony
[/quote]

Tony, this is spot on....exactly what my thoughts are on it.

Not to be so suspicious, but I think its an 'easy money' option for them, which is not appropriate, and not what I'd expect from a huge dealer. It very much reminds me of the English 'wheeler dealer' which isn't appropriate. We are in a recession so you would think they would be happy with how much money Ive spent (a lot of the past 18 months).

I will add that in the past I have amazing service from S&T....but the last year, not so much. I think they forget that in the end, the customer is king. We can walk away and get our money back.

In this scenario, I really like the HH, so Im negotiating with BM about the few that S&T currently have in stock, eg asking them to QA the one they send out 100%. Im not really bothered about the matching headstock so that chunk money can go towards a Bongo or 2EQ Ray.

Im not sure I really NEED a 2EQ Ray. They are so close its not really that important, but id still like one!

Edited by Musicman20

Yeah, they are nice, but the differences for me are minimal...and I really like my mids. the 2EQ has a great warmth to it, which Id like, but im not sure Im after the Classic slab-body, extra weight, and metal battery compartment. I like the easier modern variations so it would have to be a new modern 2EQ for me.

I can see some good guys and some maybe not so good guys in this... not sure how far the trust still goes, but it appears a few things may go on
behind the scenes that you would have to really be on your toes to check..and that just should not have to be the case in buying this type of bass from this type of maker.

It sounds to me like you have a chance of getting a bitza which is outrageous and I am surprised that EB don't go mad over this.
For a start, their QC rep has been dragged through the mud online which is difficult and time consuming to repair...and I just don't know why they would stand for it...
I'd expect distributor deals to be lost over this... but maybe that is me being naive..??? or..??

I am sure MM can make good basses and I have owned one..which I regard as the best bass I've had outside my current stable but there is no way I would be
accepting any more offerings.
Gareth will make up his own mind and knows the QC he expects but I'd go with the consensus here and get the money back and also take a step back..
The only thing that will concentrate minds is when they start losing business over this sort of crap.

From my POV..where is the trust in all this..?? it might not be stretching it to imply the OP has been taken for a mug-punter..albeit, G was onto it and didn't fall for it...but any company
that condones this sort of practise wouldn't be getting my money any time pretty soon

Must admit, my opinion of EB has dropped since this saga. Never thought something like this would happen with an EB bass and also quite surprised about the lack of urgency EB seem to be putting on this. I could be wrong as I do not fully know whats going on behind the scenes but it does seem like gareth is having to do all the chasing.

Edited by Linus27