Why become a member? ×

NOT GREAT NEW BASS DAY - EBMM Ray HH Matching Headstock

Musicman20

I'm lost here. You pay £1500 for a bass and they don't deliver what was ordered. No brainer, full refund and start the thrill of the chase all over again. Seeing as you have a few basses already I'd go for the £1500 all inclusive holiday. As an analogy, if your GF was in A&E yesterday and come out with bits loose and falling off, you'd take her back there to get fixed.

(The analogy dies when you ask for a full refund though!) :)

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1317981261' post='1396846']

I think it's awful that folks should be too scared to post anything on that Ernie's Balls forum slightly negative even with legitimate reason for fear of the repercussions from a pack of feral fanboys or how "the Führer" might react.
Not a healthy way to do business, smacks a bit of Nazi Germany if you ask me...
[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

:)

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1318206112' post='1399270']
Had enough now. Going to ask for full refund and leave it at tha. They have nothing in that's similar spec, just lower spec. Don't feel like accepting something I could have had 7 months ago so putting an end to this now.
[/quote]

So.... would you be ordering another one from a.) Darren at Bass Merchant and b.) Ernie Ball MM inc. ?

Had enough now. Going to ask for full refund and leave it at tha. They have nothing in that's similar spec, just lower spec. Don't feel like accepting something I could have had 7 months ago so putting an end to this now.
[/quote]

Sounds like the best plan mate, rotten it's turned out like this, but at least you get your money back and somebody along the line loses a sale for Musicman, fingers crossed they can find the weak link.
Oh, and I wouldn't "ask" for a refund, I'd insist dude, think you're being too nice for yer own good :)

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' timestamp='1318228210' post='1399303']

So.... would you be ordering another one from a.) Darren at Bass Merchant and b.) Ernie Ball MM inc. ?
[/quote]

Clearly you're still gonna be a fan of MM basses Gareth, so is there another way of buying one, straight from the source?
Maybe a trip out to the states with a wee souvenir for the way back?...

Eude

[/quote]

I think its for the best. There is no telling what a replacement would look like, nor how long you would have to wait for it. Best get this all sorted now so you can put this behind you.

Ive got pics of the neck pocket...the nut, well that was obvious as soon as I looked properly.

Thing is, I STILL LIKE THESE BASSES! In fact, they are so part of 'my sound' (it tends to be preference of Ray, then P then J) I couldn't be without them.

So, no matter what happens, I will keep buying their gear. A) Because the 4 I have are so perfect and :) because I know deep down this is a bit of an odd scenario with the old body/new neck.

I do appreciate all the feedback. I did look into custom basses a while back, but I really don't see anything (as yet) that grabs me. Eg, they aren't 'right' visually, and as much as they could basically copy a Ray, it wouldn't be a Ray....if you get me.

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1317982259' post='1396858']
[u][quote][/u]dave_bass5, on 07 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

I think its more a case of not worth it as the posts will be deleted and the poster banned. Just a waste of time. Ive seen someone get told off by a mod just for talking about another manufactures strings and comparing them to EB's.[/quote]

Regardless of Gareth's recent problems, that kind of crap is more enough to put me off Musicman as a brand, the company appears to be run by complete elitist arseholes.
[/quote]

The rule regarding other other manufacturer's products was brought in for fairly sensible reasons. When the EB forum was still in its early days, there used to be reasoned debate about replacement pickups, preamps, necks, etc. and there were no problems. The problem, as I see it, came when the forum grew.

House forums often attract an obsessive clique of fans, and the EBMM forum was no exception. People would come on the forums and ask about replacement pickups and would be piled on by a bunch of fanboys who would tell them why they were wrong to want to adulterate a Stingray... and it would descend from there.

Blocking discussion of other manufacturers' products has, I would imagine, prevented a fair bit of nastiness on the EBMM forums. And lets face it, there are plenty of other places where discussion of replacement parts is possible.

[quote name='dlloyd' timestamp='1318245936' post='1399557']
Blocking discussion of other manufacturers' products has, I would imagine, prevented a fair bit of nastiness on the EBMM forums. And lets face it, there are plenty of other places where discussion of replacement parts is possible.
[/quote]

Blocking owners posting about issues is not really on IMO. The best place to ask for help with a certain product should surely be the manufacturers own forums.

[quote name='dlloyd' timestamp='1318245936' post='1399557']

The rule regarding other other manufacturer's products was brought in for fairly sensible reasons. When the EB forum was still in its early days, there used to be reasoned debate about replacement pickups, preamps, necks, etc. and there were no problems. The problem, as I see it, came when the forum grew.

House forums often attract an obsessive clique of fans, and the EBMM forum was no exception. People would come on the forums and ask about replacement pickups and would be piled on by a bunch of fanboys who would tell them why they were wrong to want to adulterate a Stingray... and it would descend from there.

[/quote]

I'm not concerned with folks being picky about unrelated products, it's an Ernie's Balls Forum after all, I think it's awful that someone can't share a negative experience with a product and have it discussed rationally without being attacked...

Eude