Why become a member? ×

NOT GREAT NEW BASS DAY - EBMM Ray HH Matching Headstock

Musicman20

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1319710255' post='1417464']

Interesting read, and good to see "Il Capo" taking an interest.
As much as Sterling's posts sometimes really make me roll my eyes (I confess to have visited the EBMM forum on occasion :) ) he seems to have clear ideas about what's right or wrong and he seems to do as he says. Nice to see a company proud of their products, and not just of their bank balance.
[/quote]

I have to agree with you there Jose.
That thread isn't indicative of the forum I knew and came to.... er.. forget.

I think the lesson is that if you are going to buy something which is essentially an off the peg bass, you'll save yourself loads of hassle by spending a bit of money on fuel and driving around all the stockists until you find the one that works for you. If you are going to get a custom bass built, go to a luthier with whom you can deal directly and has a doorstep that you can turn up on with relative ease...

Anyway Gareth, now that BP is on board, I am sure your nightmare will stop and your basses will arive to your satisfaction having been inspecting by BP himself. You may as well ask him to sign it - some MM collector freak will dig that in the future.

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1319711061' post='1417483']

I have to agree with you there Jose.
That thread isn't indicative of the forum I knew and came to.... er.. forget.
[/quote]

Yeah,I was positively surprised!
My browser didn't display the usual warning upon entering the site [*] and it was all pretty reasonable.

[*} "Warning: you are entering the Twilight Zone"

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1320060406' post='1421630']
I really have had enough. No idea what's going on but it's been three business days and still no money in my account.

How long can debit card refunds take?
[/quote]

It can be instantaneous if the person refunding the money actually gives a sh*t, debit cards are essentially current accounts, so a BACS transfer should be possible. In this day and age waiting more than 24 hours is too long for this kind of stuff.

Get on the blower and demand your money back TODAY, if you don't get it back make sure they know you are more than happy to escalate the matter.

Good luck mate!
Eude

Thats bad news Gareth. Im not sure how long it normally takes but i would give it another day or so. The last refund i got took about 4 working days.

Edit to say i have also had them much quicker if its to a debit card, my comment about was for a credit card.

Edited by dave_bass5

It really depends on the when the organisation processes their refunds, and then how long both their bank and the receiving bank take to process the actual payment.

I would give it a little while longer, at least four working days, before picking up the phone.

I'm loving the ceramic pickup right now! Just gigged the '07 Ray for the first time and my setup is impeccable if I do say so myself :)
Fingers crossed you end up with a stonker, I did a gig last month and one of the other bands bass player had a blue pearl SR4 HH with maple neck, basically a four string version of mine, very nice it was :)

Yeah, the ceramic in my Sterling 5 is stunning. Very bitey and quick response. Almost like a cross between neo and alnico.

As much as I am indeed wary to order again, as I have S&T checking things out, I think this time it will be fine.

Im pretty certain as much as I wouldnt mind waiting for a crazy colour like tangerine pearl or sky blue, I have a HH tort guard here, and I know that an a White Ray is calling me! Non-matching headstock, because as much as they look great, im pretty happy with good ol' natural.

The rest of the cash...well....Ill have to have a think what to do with that :)