Why become a member? ×

NOT GREAT NEW BASS DAY - EBMM Ray HH Matching Headstock

Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1319463694' post='1414342']
Well, that was a long process, full of bad luck basically...I was more than willing to keep going on this, but its not going to work. Deliveries cannot be 100% guaranteed for Wednesday, and I dont want to swap days off or have it swimming around the postage system if Im working or going away.

So, refund it is. My next question is...what do I do now?!
[/quote]

Get your refund then sit back for a few weeks and really mull over what you've gone through and why before doing anything else.

Eude

Well, that was a long process, full of bad luck basically...I was more than willing to keep going on this, but its not going to work. Deliveries cannot be 100% guaranteed for Wednesday, and I dont want to swap days off or have it swimming around the postage system if Im working or going away.
[/quote]
Huh? If that's true then it smacks of complete bullshit. There are always ways of guaranteeing that your basses can be with you on Wednesday. They could give them to a rep to deliver, or if it came down to it the MD of S&T could do it personally if they cared enough to keep you as a customer. IMO it's come down to three things:

1. They simply don't care enough to be bothered.
2. They don't actually have the basses they've promised you (have you seen any photographic evidence of their existence?) and this is all a cover up for that fact.
3. Strings and Things are in serious financial difficulties, which means they have more pressing concerns than simply sorting a customer order that's gone wrong.

Anyway I hope you get your money back. Is it coming from Bass merchant or Strings & Things?

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1319471191' post='1414509']
I don't know what is happening but I have to wait until Weds for it to be processed. Feel totally stressed about this.
[/quote]

Well don't accept anything but your cash back mate.
If necessary tell them you're more than willing to put it in writing via a lawyer.
They've completely fannied the whole thing up and you've been treated like a complete chump, you're completely within your rights to get your cash back!

Eude

So, refund it is. My next question is...what do I do now?!
[/quote]

Cash the refund in £10 notes, and visit S&T/BassMerchant. Show them the money "ner ner ner ner ner" and walk away laughing.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1319471191' post='1414509']
I don't know what is happening but I have to wait until Weds for it to be processed. Feel totally stressed about this.
[/quote]
More unacceptable behaviour.

Politely but firmly insist that the money is refunded in full by CoP tomorrow.

LOL, thanks all. I think a more 'strong' drink might be in order very soon.

I can see this hitting 22/23 pages before the end.

Its a shame, because I started this hoping to give praise after spending my hard earned cash, but it seems this isnt going to happen. What has actually happened is I seem to have been chasing everything.

I have sent a complaint to EBMM. Thing is, I still want their equipment, 100%, I just need support from them before I ever dive in again.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1319486902' post='1414864']
LOL, thanks all. I think a more 'strong' drink might be in order very soon.

I can see this hitting 22/23 pages before the end.

Its a shame, because I started this hoping to give praise after spending my hard earned cash, but it seems this isnt going to happen. What has actually happened is I seem to have been chasing everything.

I have sent a complaint to EBMM. Thing is, I still want their equipment, 100%, I just need support from them before I ever dive in again.
[/quote]

Gareth, may I ask you, in consideration of the amount of times in which you'be been at the receiving end of a bum deal from S&T and Darren at the Bass Merchant and ultimately EBMM lack of support, [b]what have you learnt from all this?[/b]

[quote name='tbonepete' timestamp='1319483795' post='1414792']Get your dosh back, have a big mug of tea, enjoy counting the aforementioned dosh, pick up the phone, and order a Sandberg Ken Taylor in the finish that you want, get the bass, play the bass, and enjoy counting the remainder of the dosh that you have saved!!!
Just my thoughts, LOL
Cheers Pete[/quote]

+1

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1319466990' post='1414408']3. Strings and Things are in serious financial difficulties, which means they have more pressing concerns than simply sorting a customer order that's gone wrong.
[/quote]

I would imagine that the recession has hit musical equipment distribution companies fairly hard. There's a distinct possibility that companies like Strings and Things are working so hard to keep their heads above the water that they're having difficulty providing service beyond their core business.

This is increasingly reminding me of a situation a few years back. A bass dealer who was highly prolific on bass forums (and hence well-known) was given a dealership just as EBMM were announcing one of their limited edition runs. Dozens of basses were ordered through him the moment the order window was opened, and everyone started the usual waiting game.

Fast forward a few months and the limited editions started pouring out... except to the people who had ordered from this guy. Weeks and weeks passed with anger being directed at EBMM until it eventually came out that the dealer hadn't actually paid EBMM for the orders he'd placed. He had gotten into financial difficulties and ultimately couldn't juggle the money long enough.

Hopefully this is not an analogous situation. Is there any evidence that Strings and Things are in financial difficulties? I know D'Addario have recently terminated their distribution deal with S&T... coincidence?

Edited by dlloyd

[quote name='dlloyd' timestamp='1319543436' post='1415417']
I know D'Addario have recently terminated their distribution deal with S&T... coincidence?
[/quote]
That's good news for me. D'Addario are my strings of choice for my guitars. After reading through this thread I was going to have to do some serious thinking about buying S&T distributed products in the future. That's one brand I can continue to buy in good faith.

Thing are looking up. I contacted EBMM again directly and stated how much I want to stay a customer in future, and told them about the recent problems, and the fact I felt so frustrated.

In all honesty, I would still like a Sadowsky later, but I still want to finish off my Musicman collection. No doubt about it, they are part of 'my tone', simple as that.As I mentioned at the beginning, I have owned many Musicman basses, and I have 4 here at the moment, everyone of them amazingly well built...probably matching even a boutique builder.

S&T have emailed me directly as they have received the HH Matching Headstock back and seem to have quite happily accepted it is not right, and are dealing with the BM on that, (obviously they owe them now for the fact its not up to standard, which in turn I get back).

I don't want to drag any names into the mud. Its such a difficult financial situation for most companies at the moment...all I want are the basses I ordered, as good as they normally are.

S&T are now trying to sort something out for me because of all of this, not sure what is going to happen yet...but Im hoping it is ALL positive.

I am not that patient at the moment, that is true, but im hoping I have been fairly pleasant and honest throughout the whole matter. I am quite happy if this takes a total switch in the other direction and I get the basses I want and everyone is happy. It doesn't appear apparent throughout this, but I don't really like causing conflict or problems.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1319556940' post='1415753']
S&T are now trying to sort something out for me because of all of this, not sure what is going to happen yet...but Im hoping it is ALL positive.
[/quote]

Sorting out what? I thought you'd gone for a refund? If so, remember the interest!