Why become a member? ×

Whats Your Favourite Note?

Hobbayne

[quote name='ROConnell' post='1364622' date='Sep 6 2011, 09:03 PM']C, 3rd fret on the A string, just marvellous. :)[/quote]

[quote name='mike f' post='1364593' date='Sep 6 2011, 08:48 PM']Low C# on the A string. Ooh yeah![/quote]

deffo between B and D on the A-string.

they just sing

No doubt about it: B on the A string because when the band does its final flag waver we finish with a Bb number, there is an eight bar drum break and we finish up on a strong Bb. Except, except............I play a B, the band members turn round and glare at me and I slide down to Bb with a smile. They hate me for it but I like being a bit subversive and I've never really grown up.

[quote name='Marvin' post='1364605' date='Sep 6 2011, 08:55 PM']B on the A string, lush.[/quote]
+1

Last practice I was playing Swords of a Thousand Men, by Ten pole Tudor, which is primarily on this note. The singer went out for a leak, and when he came back in, said "that note you`re playing rattles the windows in the bog". Very satisfying!

[quote name='TheGreek' post='1364681' date='Sep 6 2011, 09:45 PM']The growl from an "F" on the "E" string on a four string...[/quote]

how odd i was thinking of starting this post myself but thought it would have been odd lol. Anyway im with the greek. An F on the E string has a certain dark growl.

A

[quote name='chrismuzz' post='1365460' date='Sep 7 2011, 05:01 PM']C on the low B (or in my case low A) string. Proper fills the room[/quote]
yep..liove that low C..

I've had a few women come up to me and say that note goes right through them...

I, of course, wish I could say, I have something else that could right through you as well... boom tsh..!!!

[quote name='JTUK' post='1365463' date='Sep 7 2011, 05:03 PM']yep..liove that low C..

I've had a few women come up to me and say that note goes right through them...

I, of course, wish I could say, I have something else that could right through you as well... boom tsh..!!![/quote]

There's a middle C joke in there somewhere but I'm far well mannered to post it.

[quote name='Lozz196' post='1364950' date='Sep 7 2011, 09:13 AM']+1

Last practice I was playing Swords of a Thousand Men, by Ten pole Tudor, which is primarily on this note. The singer went out for a leak, and when he came back in, said "that note you`re playing rattles the windows in the bog". Very satisfying![/quote]

Hey, I played Bass for that Ten Pole Bloke!

[quote name='Hobbayne' post='1364588' date='Sep 6 2011, 08:46 PM']I think Bb has a very satisfying ring to it. If you play it on the A string 1st fret it gives a nice thump! :)[/quote]

Can you create a poll out of this?

Don't forget options for 'all of them'.

Sorry about the avatar (if you're reading this on Thursday morning). It's not me, honestly.