Why become a member? ×

whats your dream rig?

fiatcoupe432

Two, one for live, one for studio. Live would be an Aguilar DB751 and the DB412 (I'm not carrying it either), studio rig would be an Ampeg B-15 Portaflex with an Audix D6/Shure Beta 52 to capture the low end, and a Neumann U87 for upper end content. Endless fun! Bass wise, a few Sadowskys and Fenders, sorted I reckon.

Edited by risingson

just to add to that, i have just come out of a pretty top end recording studio using my gear without the Ampeg cab as i couldnt be arsed to take it and using my head with the sansamp and also running through a plugin on pro tools to emulate the Ampeg CL we got the best bass tone i have ever had and it was running through a Behringer 8x10!!! who knew :)

3 x Ampeg SVTVR
3 x svt 8x10
3 x Hiwatt DR201
3 x Hiwatt 2x15
Peterson rack tuner
EBS Multicomp
Line 6 JM4
EBS Wahone
EBS Valvedrive
Carl martin Bass chorus
EHX Bass Microsynth
Mxr bass octaver

Assuming it's just the rig, not the basses as well.
I like to be loud and driving. The fact I have 6 total stacks is just because it looks totally badass.

Edited by Ross

Im really really happy with the setup im running at the moment, but money no object.......

My current Indie 606/Fodera Imperial II 33" 6 string/Shuker custom 33" 6

Warwick Hellborg preamp
Sansamp RPM preamp
Eventide Ultra harmoniser
Warwick Hellborg 500W stereo power amp

Warwick Hellborg 2x12 "hi cab"
Warwick Hellborg 1x15 "lo cab"

Edited by funkypenguin

I have had nearly every make of amp and cab over the years and can say I have two dream rigs...

1. The Laney Nexus valve rig I have now, the preamp on the amp is amazing. I can go from valve overdrive to smooth Fet tones with a simple kick of the foot switch. I really think this rig would be a much bigger hit if it did not have a Laney badge.

2. Next would be a Glockenklang rig. A Heart Rock head with a 2x12 cab.....simple power with smooth tone, perfection.

Edited by voxpop

Gigs - AMPEG V4BH with AMPEG 4x10 HLF using Precision, Ampeg AEB or MM Stingray and SANSAMP as a supplementary DI if necessary.

Studio - 1960s AMPEG PORTAFLEX 15 with the above basses or Fender Mustang.

I'm lucky enough to have 'em except the PORTAFLEX - anyone know where there is one in mint condition for no more than a £100 please? :)

What about as a dream, no rig at all?
Everywhere you turned up to play there was a top-notch PA and soundman.
So all you'd need would be yer bass and your pet DI/Effects.
Surely no one in this day and age wants to have to lug an amp and cab around? :)