Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash No.5, Surrey, Saturday 24th September 2011

silverfoxnik

I'm now looking at having to attend quite an important rehearsal slap bang in the middle of the day so I'm sorry to say it looks like I'm not going to make it - I'd love to be there to hang and play but I'm in the fortunate position of actually having some decent gigs at decent venues coming up so unless that all gets cancelled I simply can't do both - if I can come I will - hope that's not too much of a problem - sorry dudes

Mike

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1375970' date='Sep 16 2011, 09:28 PM']Think me & mcgraham are still coming with Roscoe and Wood & Tronics goodness. All good. Looking forward to meeting folks!

Shep[/quote]

Oooohhh bags be first to rub my thighs in front of the new Roscoe :)

Ive just booked me train tickets for next weekend :)

Im planning selling my MM Sub (sniff - but it never gets played). Would I be able to bring this along so that anyone interested could have a play? I seem to remember there being a For Sale type table the other year, are we doing that again this year?

As well as bringing my mini-rig and a couple of basses plus the DD that is currently up for trade, I also have some bits and pieces for trade or sale. A few 1m Klotz speaker cables that have been used a couple of times, some patch cords, a bag of used Neutrik jacks and whatever else I can find. Bassjumbles R US. Anyone need any specific cables to be made for Saturday?

[quote name='obbm' timestamp='1316457491' post='1378275']
As well as bringing my mini-rig and a couple of basses plus the DD that is currently up for trade, I also have some bits and pieces for trade or sale. A few 1m Klotz speaker cables that have been used a couple of times, some patch cords, a bag of used Neutrik jacks and whatever else I can find. Bassjumbles R US. Anyone need any specific cables to be made for Saturday?
[/quote]
Do you know I was just mulling that over. Could probably do with some short, and not quite so short Rightangle->Rightangle pedal board links. I'll try and get my act together for tomorrow if that's not too late

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1316461773' post='1378404']
Do you know I was just mulling that over. Could probably do with some short, and not quite so short Rightangle->Rightangle pedal board links. I'll try and get my act together for tomorrow if that's not too late
[/quote]

I've also got a few of those at £5 each.

OBBM - If you have another standard power cable for a pedal board, standard female to female, (power block to pedal) say 8 inches, right angle if possible?
I'm also wanting to redo my patch cables on my pedal board, but i'd preferably want little connectors similar to George L style ones?! Guessing you don't have anything like that?!

Cheers
Si

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1316039006' post='1373909']
Well now, looks like Paul the Drums will be coming, so I will bring my Status Graphite Vintage PJ4 and my Fender USA Deluxe Strat (with the trusty POD X3 Live) and encamp in the Jam Room so you buggers can have something to jam to. I think Happy Jack is bringing a little amp for me, thanks Jack, bottle of fun your way.

I would like to see some more action in the Jam Room this year, we had great fun last year, but only five of you made it in. Bad signposting If you want to see how a bass stacks up against drums and guitar, the Jam Room is the place. Paul is a seriously great drummer and you can show off your odd meter skillz in there with me and him, or have a nice easy going jam in A major. Whatever. It's all lovely in the Jam Room and there's never a reason to be scared.

Get the f*** in there, or be well f***ing S Q U A R E ! ! ! ! ! !

Also, sad to hear some regulars won't be making it, Clarky, et Cetera
[/quote]
Great news!! :)

[quote name='urb' timestamp='1316196656' post='1375858']
I'm now looking at having to attend quite an important rehearsal slap bang in the middle of the day so I'm sorry to say it looks like I'm not going to make it - I'd love to be there to hang and play but I'm in the fortunate position of actually having some decent gigs at decent venues coming up so unless that all gets cancelled I simply can't do both - if I can come I will - hope that's not too much of a problem - sorry dudes

Mike
[/quote]

Sorry to hear that Mike! Hope all goes well and see you next year...

[quote name='mgauction' timestamp='1316221907' post='1376137']
Nik - a chance today for me to make it from across the pond on business was squelched. I will be there in spirit and good luck to the south east winner!
[/quote]

That's a shame Mike but thanks so much for helping us out with the[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/146642-se-bass-bash-2011-the-raffle-thread/page__view__findpost__p__1378665"] Raffle[/url]! You're an absolute star :)

[quote name='obbm' timestamp='1316457491' post='1378275']
[/quote]
Hi Dave

Are you bringing along a selection of cables or only stuff that's been specially ordered?

Nik

UPDATED LIST:
[indent=1]01. Silverfoxnik: Roscoe Beck V, BC Rich Eagle, Yamaha TRB5 with Norstrand p/ups and Auderre pre, Hughes & Kettner Bassbass 600 head & SWR Triad.. plus old Peavey Head and 1x15 for the Jamming Room (unless anyone has something else we can use that's better?)
02. Coasterbass: Eden Navigator preamp and SVP-Pro, Mesa 1x15 RR, Warwick $$ Streamer (Lefty), Stingray (Lefty)[/indent][indent=1]03. Waynepunkdude: Arsenal shirt, Nick Cave underpants, Sunburst Musicman Sterling H and Ampeg SVT 2pro G&K Neo412
04. MikeyR: Blue P bass with a selection of stomp boxes
05. Truckstop: MIM Fender Jazz V, pimped Kay 2B; Gem/Ampeg rig; some effects
06. Dropzone: Jeff berlin combo and what I think is a Mark 1 Barefaced Compact Cab
07. Pete.young:
08. Shockwave: Pedulla MVP5 Mean Green machine.
09. Sibob: '71 Precision, '73 Jazz, MIA Jazz 5 if there's interest, Barefaced Compact, Orange Terror, Pedal-board if there's interest.
10. Throwoff:
11. TheGreek: Veillette Citron fretless
12. Burgundymouse: Fender Jazz and Laney amp
13. 51m0n: Berg ae410, MB, Focusrite and Roscoe
14. seashell: MIM Fender Precision + some sort of Marshall practice amp
15. Barneyg42: Some second-hand tat bought over the years!
16. Happy Jack: Double bass of some description + Status Graphite Streamline 5
17. silddx: Hohner B2ADB Headless Boat Paddle / Home Built Chris Squire Electra Evolution, Status Graphite Vintage PJ4 and my Fender USA Deluxe Strat (with the trusty POD X3 Live)[/indent][indent=1]18. Paul the drums: himself & some drums!
19. TomKent: Fodera NYC Empire 5, Fender Jazz 4, Vintage Stingray 5, Faker P 4 Fretless, Faker P Fretted, Krampera KVB800 Rig, some pedals too..
20. Obbm: Shuker PJ5, ACG headless 5, Aguilar SL112, Ashdown LB, GK Microstack.
21. Ped: Vigier Passion bass, BC T shirts
22. Merton: 4 Statii (yes, 4, hooray!), Multiscale prototype, GK MB200
23. Jean-Luc Pickguard: NS-Design CR5M, Ashbory
24. Stingray5: Musicman, Tune, Trace Elliot, GT-6B, other stuff tba
25. Bassace : A double bass and an amp or two
26. WalMan: Wal Pro 1/Custom, G&L L2500 fretted & fretless, MB LMT, BF Super 12T, assorted EBS pedals
27. SlackAlice: Squier P Bass Special........& hopefully another addition by then. Ashdown Electric Blue 180 12.
28. Mcgraham: Wood & Tronics 5 string fretted & 5 string fretless
29. Pantherairsoft: Roscoe Century Signature 6 & Custom 3006 Fretless
30. Maverick: Maverick S4 Nemesis, Fulltone Bass Drive & EBS Microbass II.
31. Grand Wazoo: Basswise I'll take whatever I like. mostly wonkey fretted ones and an Ashdown Drophead 30
32. sockdeluxe_mikey: Lakland 44-01 and possibly one or two others, Markbass SA450 and Barefaced Compact.
33. Arco: Yamaha SLB 100, Precision, Markbass CMD121P plus anything else I acquire before then....
34. Thestick[/indent][indent=1]35. Low End Bee:[/indent][indent=1]36. Walbassist:[/indent][indent=1]37. bassmanady: Shecter Diamond series Elite 5 string & Sei Flam 5 string[/indent][indent=1]38. alexclaber: trusty RIM Custom 5, a barefaced cab or two plus a drummist![/indent][indent=1]39. vintage ben: 1967 Jazz Bass, Sadowsky NYC P Bass, Aguilar TH500, Barefaced Compact (assuming all goes to plan).[/indent][indent=1]40. Hamster: mostly tea, coffee & cakes![/indent][indent=1]41. jhk: Yamaha TRB 5 & 6 plus RBX 775, stingray 5, GB spitfire 5, Eden Metro[/indent][indent=1]42. chimike: various amps, pre-amps…[/indent]