Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash No.5, Surrey, Saturday 24th September 2011

silverfoxnik

Count me in. I missed the last bash so will be good to see peeps and generate some new GAS.

I hope some other lefties can make it otherwise I'll have no toys to try out :)

Ummm, what shall I bring?
Eden Navigator preamp and SVP-Pro, Mesa 1x15 RR, Warwick $$ Streamer (Lefty), Stingray (Lefty)

[quote name='coasterbass' post='1307429' date='Jul 18 2011, 08:58 AM']Count me in. I missed the last bash so will be good to see peeps and generate some new GAS.

Eden Navigator preamp and SVP-Pro, Mesa 1x15 RR, Warwick $$ Streamer (Lefty), Stingray (Lefty)[/quote]

Just the amps?..... :)

[quote name='coasterbass' post='1307429' date='Jul 18 2011, 08:58 AM']Count me in. I missed the last bash so will be good to see peeps and generate some new GAS.

Eden Navigator preamp and SVP-Pro, Mesa 1x15 RR, Warwick $$ Streamer (Lefty), Stingray (Lefty)[/quote]
Great news - bring the lot I'd say!!

[quote name='Merton' post='1308371' date='Jul 18 2011, 08:25 PM']Have persuaded MikeyR to come down from York again, hooray :)[/quote]

I'd totally missed this thread. Yep, Im planning being there with the brown wonky fret wotsit and the blue monster.

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='1304974' date='Jul 15 2011, 06:42 PM']So ... the SE Bass Bash is turning into a slap fest before it even happens.[/quote]

Absolutely not - if I in fact do go ahead and give a little workshop type thing it'll be to demonstrate some picking techniques that basically get away from all the percussive w***ery and into stuff that has the potentially be melodic and funky - but if the last one was anything to go by I thought most people who played were using finger style, tapping and yes a bit of slapping too but it was all pretty restrained compared to say the London Bass Guitar Show that was just horrible slap overkill... my aim is to educate as to the other possibilities when using thumb and pop stuff - hope that's OK...?

[quote name='urb' post='1310421' date='Jul 20 2011, 03:20 PM']Absolutely not - if I in fact do go ahead and give a little workshop type thing it'll be to demonstrate some picking techniques that basically get away from all the percussive w***ery and into stuff that has the potentially be melodic and funky - but if the last one was anything to go by I thought most people who played were using finger style, tapping and yes a bit of slapping too but it was all pretty restrained compared to say the London Bass Guitar Show that was just horrible slap overkill... my aim is to educate as to the other possibilities when using thumb and pop stuff - hope that's OK...?[/quote]

Spot on Mike! I agree - last year's Bash was pretty cool.. The worst ever though was the one in Northampton some years ago when that one guy just played slap bass for about 4 hours non-stop! It was horrendous..

Anyway, moving onto much better things, what you're proposing sounds really good to me, thanks.

Nik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='1311000' date='Jul 20 2011, 11:23 PM']Spot on Mike! I agree - last year's Bash was pretty cool.. The worst ever though was the one in Northampton some years ago when that one guy just played slap bass for about 4 hours non-stop! It was horrendous..

Anyway, moving onto much better things, what you're proposing sounds really good to me, thanks.

Nik[/quote]

Cool Nick - I'm not sure I need the whole damn theatre space for this thing - maybe I can do it in the jam room as I'm not sure how many people will be wanting to check this out but either way I will need to borrow an amp/cab of some sort... is there a PA that we can use as well? I only ask as I could bring my laptop with some additional sounds and stuff on... let's work this out on a PM soon

Mike

[quote name='urb' post='1311789' date='Jul 21 2011, 05:20 PM']Cool Nick - I'm not sure I need the whole damn theatre space for this thing - maybe I can do it in the jam room as I'm not sure how many people will be wanting to check this out but either way I will need to borrow an amp/cab of some sort... is there a PA that we can use as well? I only ask as I could bring my laptop with some additional sounds and stuff on... let's work this out on a PM soon

Mike[/quote]
Hi Mike

OK - will do! O have a few ideas on it so I will PM you at the weekend...

it's been a very busy 2 weeks at work for me, so I have not been able to give much attention to this thread so apologies to one and all about that !

Things to sort out and update are:

1. Workshops list
2. Charities to support
3. Volunteers & tasks

Thankfully, Merton's doing a fine job on the raffle which is great :)

Cheers

Nik

[quote name='paul torch' post='1321955' date='Jul 31 2011, 09:00 AM']This sounds like a really interesting event. Having not been to one before, just wondering if it's essential to bring gear or I can just come down to experience what's going on?[/quote]

The is no necessity to bring any basses or equipment just come andsoak up the atmosphere, have a chat and look at the gear. If however you have something that would be of interest to the others then bring it along.

[quote name='obbm' post='1321958' date='Jul 31 2011, 09:10 AM']The is no necessity to bring any basses or equipment just come andsoak up the atmosphere, have a chat and look at the gear. If however you have something that would be of interest to the others then bring it along.[/quote]

cool, may well see you there.

[quote name='Bloodaxe' post='1308297' date='Jul 18 2011, 07:33 PM']Alas other prior commitments mean that I can't make it again. Bugger.

Pete.[/quote]

Looks like I'll be away again this year - almost always off end of Sept into early Oct :)