Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash No.5, Surrey, Saturday 24th September 2011

silverfoxnik

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1295245' date='Jul 6 2011, 09:43 PM']After seeing Merton's post, it occurred to me that I really should bring my new stage bass ...

01. Silverfoxnik: Roscoe Beck V, BC Rich Eagle, Yamaha TRB5 with Norstrand p/ups and Auderre pre, Hughes & Kettner Bassbass 600 head & SWR Triad.. plus old Peavey Head and 1x15 for the Jamming Room (unless anyone has something else we can use that's better?)
02. EssentialTension: Fender Precision 62, Fender TF Fretless P, Lakland Decade, Mesa Walkabout 12.
03. Waynepunkdude : Arsenal shirt, Nick Cave underpants, Sunburst Musicman Sterling H and Ampeg SVT 2pro G&K Neo412
04. Clarky: Currently Ampeg Baby Bass, Acoustic Image/Euphonic Audio rig; By September, who knows (watch the FS forum)
05. Truckstop: MIM Fender Jazz V, pimped Kay 2B; Gem/Ampeg rig; some effects
06. Urb - either Sei Jazz or Singlecut - and maybe some pedals - possible Genz Shuttle 9
07. dc2009 - Warwick CS Corvette $$ 5, Epi TB Vs (Reverse and non-reverse), my Dean if anyone actually wants a go, Trace Head, Marshall cab (heavy and big), various pedals.
08.Shockwave - Pedulla MVP5 Mean Green machine.
09. Sibob - '71 Precision, '73 Jazz, MIA Jazz 5 if there's interest, Barefaced Compact, Orange Terror, Pedal-board if there's interest.
10. MacDaddy - Custom Shuker & Hamer Blitz or Iceni custom.
11. Essexbasscat Roadworn somethingorother + Gs112. Amp - not sure which one yet
12. Plux - Berg HT210 & HT115 Hartke LH500 Ibanez BTB
13. 51m0n - Berg ae410, MB, Focusrite and Roscoe
14.seashell - MIM Fender Precision + some sort of Marshall practice amp (I'll look it up tonight)
15.Barneyg42- Some secondhand tat bought over the years!
16.Happy Jack - Double bass of some description + Status Graphite Streamline 5
17.silddx - Hohner B2ADB Headless Boat Paddle / Home Built Chris Squire Electra Evolution
18.TomKent - Fodera NYC Empire 5, Fender Jazz 4, Vintage Stingray 5, Fender P 4 Fretless, Fender P Fretted, Krampera KVB800 Rig, some pedals too..
19. obbm - Shuker PJ5, ACG headless 5, Aguilar SL112, Ashdown LB, GK Microstack.
20.ped - Vigier Passion bass, BC T shirts
21. Merton - Stasusey basses of some sort, Eden WT550/GK MB200 and Barefaced Vintage (who's at 19???)
22. Jean-Luc Pickguard - NS-Design CR5M, Ashbory
30.[/quote]

[quote name='urb' post='1294953' date='Jul 6 2011, 05:05 PM']I can always show you guys some slap stuff that actually is melodic and not just endless triplets - in fact this year I might just punt for an 'extra curricular picking techniques" masterclass - that way we can look at all the picking stuff that you can do - and look also at two finger picking a well...! Let me know what you think[/quote]
Yes please Urb! :)

Consider yourself signed up....

[quote name='silddx' post='1295328' date='Jul 6 2011, 10:31 PM']They are beautiful! They look like a Warwick Corvette with its wedding vegetables hacked off.[/quote]

Eye of the beholder and all that, might change my mind when I see one in the flesh (i can certainly think of basses that have gone the other way like that)
And as for the corvette assessment, I think you might be right, the funny thing is, the thing I like least about the corvette is its looks, if I was buying one of them for looks i'd buy the non $$ because i don't like the look of 2 huge exposed pole piece humbuckers in a smallish bass body, and the shape, not a huge fan, it's all about the play and that growl for me! Mind you, if I was putting a bass on a wall hanger it'd be one of the TBs hands down

I know it's a way off but seeing as you're near me silddx could I perhaps ask if there's a chance of getting a lift to this, in return of course for fair petrol sum (or a charitable/BC donation if you prefer)?

[quote name='dc2009' post='1295479' date='Jul 7 2011, 12:05 AM']Eye of the beholder and all that, might change my mind when I see one in the flesh (i can certainly think of basses that have gone the other way like that)
And as for the corvette assessment, I think you might be right, the funny thing is, the thing I like least about the corvette is its looks, if I was buying one of them for looks i'd buy the non $$ because i don't like the look of 2 huge exposed pole piece humbuckers in a smallish bass body, and the shape, not a huge fan, it's all about the play and that growl for me! Mind you, if I was putting a bass on a wall hanger it'd be one of the TBs hands down

I know it's a way off but seeing as you're near me silddx could I perhaps ask if there's a chance of getting a lift to this, in return of course for fair petrol sum (or a charitable/BC donation if you prefer)?[/quote]
I had a Corvette $$, my main bass for a couple of years. It was fabulous!

Mate, I'd love to give you a lift, but I drive an MX-5 :) sorry fella. There's a good chance there will be others who can give you a lift though.

[b]Can anyone give dc a lift from London?[/b]

I'd like to do this - but I'm a bit nervous about it. Not done anything like this before, like to spend my time hding behind the rest of the band. S'funny - when I started I didn't read and always busked, now after 5 years of having to read /sight read because of the standard of the band, improv etc seems hard! A lot of my playing is of the Eric Morecambe variety "All the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order". Hopefull I will learn some and not embarrass myself too much.....
Anyway, sign me up. I'll bring the Yamaha SLB200 / Precision / Markbass 121P combo.

[quote name='Arco' post='1296501' date='Jul 7 2011, 09:40 PM']I'd like to do this - but I'm a bit nervous about it. Not done anything like this before, like to spend my time hding behind the rest of the band. S'funny - when I started I didn't read and always busked, now after 5 years of having to read /sight read because of the standard of the band, improv etc seems hard! A lot of my playing is of the Eric Morecambe variety "All the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order". Hopefull I will learn some and not embarrass myself too much.....
Anyway, sign me up. I'll bring the Yamaha SLB200 / Precision / Markbass 121P combo.[/quote]

No need to be intimidated, really, all levels, all styles completely cool. It is not in any way competitive, quite the opposite.

The worst that can happen is you spend a day looking at, listening to, talking about, and trying, lovely gear that you would may or may not want to own from that point onwards.... ...sometimes more than your arms and legs.

In all likelihood you will also learn some interesting stuff, meet some lovely people, and go away thoroughly happy.

[quote name='Arco' post='1296501' date='Jul 7 2011, 09:40 PM']I'd like to do this - but I'm a bit nervous about it. Not done anything like this before, like to spend my time hding behind the rest of the band. S'funny - when I started I didn't read and always busked, now after 5 years of having to read /sight read because of the standard of the band, improv etc seems hard! A lot of my playing is of the Eric Morecambe variety "All the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order". Hopefull I will learn some and not embarrass myself too much.....
Anyway, sign me up. I'll bring the Yamaha SLB200 / Precision / Markbass 121P combo.[/quote]

[quote name='51m0n' post='1296615' date='Jul 7 2011, 11:27 PM']No need to be intimidated, really, all levels, all styles completely cool. It is not in any way competitive, quite the opposite.

The worst that can happen is you spend a day looking at, listening to, talking about, and trying, lovely gear that you would may or may not want to own from that point onwards.... ...sometimes more than your arms and legs.

In all likelihood you will also learn some interesting stuff, meet some lovely people, and go away thoroughly happy.[/quote]
This.

Really don't worry, it's a good day out with a load of others who also lurk at the back and hold the band together :)

I'll be there with the current rig (per sig) which I shall add to the list when the current family bereavement problems have settled down (or I sneak off for a quiet 5 mins on my own)... it was mother in law who had had a good life and been poorly for a while now, but thankfully was allowed to slip quickly & peacefully this (well yesterday now) morning. Sad, but really kinder and for the best all round.

[quote name='Truckstop' post='1296357' date='Jul 7 2011, 07:59 PM']If he can get to St. Albans train station I'd be happy to pick him up and take him the rest of the way if he supplies the drive with cigarettes and booze?

Truckstop[/quote]

This I will gladly do though it will limit the gear I can bring (thinking of others here rather than myself). I will provisionally accept this offer with many thanks, though if anyone is any closer then it will be gratefully turned down as I can bring some more stuff! What's your smoke and tipple?

[quote name='WalMan' post='1296676' date='Jul 8 2011, 01:24 AM']I'll be there with the current rig (per sig) which I shall add to the list when the current family bereavement problems have settled down (or I sneak off for a quiet 5 mins on my own)... it was mother in law who had had a good life and been poorly for a while now, but thankfully was allowed to slip quickly & peacefully this (well yesterday now) morning. Sad, but really kinder and for the best all round.[/quote]

Sorry to hear that Al, I hope Pam's OK?

I'm in Manchester myself for a funeral today; they come round too often these days i'm sad to say.. I'm aware the main thread needs updating and i'll do all that plus update the workshops list when i get back at the weekend.

Great responses so far though and thanks for all support to date..

Nik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='1296827' date='Jul 8 2011, 09:29 AM']Sorry to hear that Al, I hope Pam's OK?

I'm in Manchester myself for a funeral today; they come round too often these days i'm sad to say.. I'm aware the main thread needs updating and i'll do all that plus update the workshops list when i get back at the weekend.

Great responses so far though and thanks for all support to date..

Nik[/quote]
Thanks Nik. She's holding up reasonably well, a couple of little wavers but OK. No doubt there will be a crash at some point.

After a bit of a break, figured it's about time I got my sorry a*se back to BC and what better thread to come in on. :)
Depending on gigs (and where they are), I hope to make it along for this.

01. Silverfoxnik: Roscoe Beck V, BC Rich Eagle, Yamaha TRB5 with Norstrand p/ups and Auderre pre, Hughes & Kettner Bassbass 600 head & SWR Triad.. plus old Peavey Head and 1x15 for the Jamming Room (unless anyone has something else we can use that's better?)
02. EssentialTension: Fender Precision 62, Fender TF Fretless P, Lakland Decade, Mesa Walkabout 12.
03. Waynepunkdude : Arsenal shirt, Nick Cave underpants, Sunburst Musicman Sterling H and Ampeg SVT 2pro G&K Neo412
04. Clarky: Currently Ampeg Baby Bass, Acoustic Image/Euphonic Audio rig; By September, who knows (watch the FS forum)
06. Urb - either Sei Jazz or Singlecut - and maybe some pedals - possible Genz Shuttle 9
07. dc2009 - Warwick CS Corvette $$ 5, Epi TB Vs (Reverse and non-reverse), my Dean if anyone actually wants a go, Trace Head, Marshall cab (heavy and big), various pedals.
09. Sibob - '71 Precision, '73 Jazz, MIA Jazz 5 if there's interest, Barefaced Compact, Orange Terror, Pedal-board if there's interest.
11. Essexbasscat Roadworn somethingorother + Gs112. Amp - not sure which one yet
14.seashell - MIM Fender Precision + some sort of Marshall practice amp (I'll look it up tonight)
17.silddx - Hohner B2ADB Headless Boat Paddle / Home Built Chris Squire Electra Evolution
18.TomKent - Fodera NYC Empire 5, Fender Jazz 4, Vintage Stingray 5, Fender P 4 Fretless, Fender P Fretted, Krampera KVB800 Rig, some pedals too..
19. obbm - Shuker PJ5, ACG headless 5, Aguilar SL112, Ashdown LB, GK Microstack.
21. Merton - Stasusey basses of some sort, Eden WT550/GK MB200 and Barefaced Vintage (who's at 19???)
23. Stingray5 - Musicman, Tune, Trace Elliot, GT-6B, other stuff tba

[quote name='Stingray5' post='1297923' date='Jul 9 2011, 01:52 AM']After a bit of a break, figured it's about time I got my sorry a*se back to BC and what better thread to come in on. :)
Depending on gigs (and where they are), I hope to make it along for this.

30.[/quote]

Good choice ! See you there :)

24. Bassace - A double bass and an amp or two

I'll be along with a double bass for anyone who wants to try it. I see I'm down for a double bass workshop; well I'm no teacher - Jakesbass is the man for that - but I'll do some demos.

Edited by bassace

[quote name='bassace' post='1298402' date='Jul 9 2011, 06:06 PM']01. Silverfoxnik: Roscoe Beck V, BC Rich Eagle, Yamaha TRB5 with Norstrand p/ups and Auderre pre, Hughes & Kettner Bassbass 600 head & SWR Triad.. plus old Peavey Head and 1x15 for the Jamming Room (unless anyone has something else we can use that's better?)
18.TomKent - Fodera NYC Empire 5, Fender Jazz 4, Vintage Stingray 5, Faker P 4 Fretless, Faker P Fretted, Krampera KVB800 Rig, some pedals too..
30.[/quote]

Updated my listing, was tired when I initially put it up. Didn't think haha. :)

[quote name='TomKent' post='1298405' date='Jul 9 2011, 06:09 PM']Updated my listing, was tired when I initially put it up. Didn't think haha. :)[/quote]
Is that why you missed me? !!! Please add me to the list. Thanks Paul

18.TomKent - Fodera NYC Empire 5, Fender Jazz 4, Vintage Stingray 5, Faker P 4 Fretless, Faker P Fretted, Krampera KVB800 Rig, some pedals too..
25. Walman - Wal Pro 1/Custom, G&L L2500 fretted & fretless, MB LMT, BF Super 12T, assorted EBS pedals

[quote name='SlackAlice' post='1296580' date='Jul 7 2011, 10:43 PM']Damn....at a wedding on the 24th. I'd love to go....only 20 mins away too :lol:
Have a good one folks!

Angie[/quote]

Being the stupid bint that I am the wedding is not on the 24th :) ........so I will be able to come along - although I'm very rusty in comparison to the rest of you guys......& my 'gear' isn't exactly going to set the bash on fire! :)

25. Walman - Wal Pro 1/Custom, G&L L2500 fretted & fretless, MB LMT, BF Super 12T, assorted EBS pedals
26. SlackAlice - Squier P Bass Special........& hopefully another addition by then. Ashdown Electric Blue 180 12.