Why become a member? ×

Which mainstream artist would you like to play for?

Musicman20

Bruce Springsteen - the chance to play in one of the best bands in the world, and alongside the great Max Weinberg too would be amazing.
Stones too - great songs / band etc. Could probably do that dep without a run through...

Beyonce because I love a good pop song and she has many. The view's been mentioned too.

A Perfect Circle as they're one of my favourite bands and their revolving line-up makes it a possibility, albeit a remote one. Same answer with Nine Inch Nails.

Kate Bush because I love her music and my parents would be well impressed. My dad might be more 'impressed' with Beyonce mind, but he wouldn't mind Kate Bush.

Wouldn't mind jumping in on bass with R.E.M. or Doves-based on the fact that they have songs where Mike Mills & Jimi Goodwin play something other than bass. Not good enough to replace either of those two though.

Failing that, Sebadoh or Sonic Youth.

Strangely enough, if Busta Rhymes ever toured with a live band, I'd love to pop out the bass line for "Woo Ha(Got You all In Check)"!

None of this will happen EVER mind! ;-)

Edited by indiegrungesound

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' post='1242205' date='May 23 2011, 08:44 PM']Kate Bush because I love her music and my parents would be well impressed. My dad might be more 'impressed' with Beyonce mind, but he wouldn't mind Kate Bush.[/quote]

Aw cripes, I'd love to play for Kate Bush! (notice I said "for"...)

From two different ends of the spectrum: Jamiroquai or Muse!
Jamiroquai for obvious reasons, Muse because they are, to quote Slash: "probably the last great rock band" (with all the showmanship and ridiculous guitars and stages) and Chris is such an under-rated bassist. I went to their gig in Wembley last September, and the bloke didn't miss a single note, nevermind the fact that he's the KING of bass distortion.