Why become a member? ×

I would NEVER part with my...........

TRBboy

had my jazz since 74,been through love ,divorce,homeless,starvation,unemployment
you name it ,its happened,and its still with me,
dozens of basses have come and gone,amps,cabs as well,
even 10 years of not playing,
and still its here,and will be till I am gone,
then the kids can sell it then if they want

cheers
stef

[quote name='TRBboy' post='1155187' date='Mar 9 2011, 12:40 PM']I would never sell my Jazz bass unless I absolutely had to. Other basses have come and gone, but it has been my mainstay for the last 14 years or so and has never let me down.[/quote]

I know I made the above statement a couple of weeks ago, but since then I have been glued to my Sandberg and it has ruined all of my other basses for me!

Right now, I feel like selling everything else just to buy another Sandberg.........

My Washburn XB100, my first bass.
Ibanez BTB406QM, the bass I went through college with. Used it for about 6 years without even considering a backup or new bass, then I bought a cheap 6er from Rondo and it never played one gig.

Both are a big part of my bass playing history and neither will be worth anywhere near enough to make it worth selling off the emotional attachment I have to them.

I'd like to say that I'd never sell my Sandberg, but who knows? I really love that bass but I have no sentimental attachment to it and it's worth a few bob.

Edited by ThomBassmonkey

[quote name='Krysbass' post='1158041' date='Mar 11 2011, 01:40 PM']My 1984 Westone Thunder III - second "proper" bass (the first one was a Thunder 1A). In its 26th year and going strong.

[attachment=74523:WTIIIangle.JPG]

EDIT: Thinking about it, I [u]would[/u] actually have no objection in principle to selling this bass, problem is that no-one would pay the money I’d want for it. :)[/quote]

Try me! :)

Edited by chaypup

I don't play my '81 Precision much as it is made of lead cunningy disgused as ash, but I wouldn't part with it as to raise the money for it I had to endure a summer of working in bejams between leaving school and furthering my studies. The other one I wouldn't part with is my CIJ mustang. It only cost £300, but when I first got it I took it to the Gallery for to have the frets levelled, so now it plays wonderfully with TI324s.

I've not got my grubby mitts on it yet (arrives from US next week) but I have every finger, toe and other moveable part crossed that this will be the one I will never part with - a year-of-birth (1963) Fender Precision:

[attachment=75568:55377879...9f35a9_b.jpg]

[quote name='Clarky' post='1173659' date='Mar 23 2011, 06:46 PM']I've not got my grubby mitts on it yet (arrives from US next week) but I have every finger, toe and other moveable part crossed that this will be the one I will never part with - a year-of-birth (1963) Fender Precision:

[attachment=75568:55377879...9f35a9_b.jpg][/quote]

I couldn't put in words how jealous I am, if you do ever sell make sure it's to me!!!

Could never part with this...

[attachment=75576:rick4001.jpg]

Got it 11 years ago, lusted after one for years and it's still my go-to bass. Plus a fair few family donations around my birthday paid for it, along with a lump of my own cash, and now some of those family members arent about anymore.... so has sentimental value also.

Edited by Stag

I (probably) wouldn't part with my '99 EB MM Stingray 3 band in Trans Purple/Maple neck, cos it's been with me since then, and I have been through many other basses, but always come back to that one :)

The probably is only there cos I got a 2010 Fender American Deluxe Jazz V in Natural about a month ago, and my god do I love it!

It's the first 5 string I have ever had, and the more I play it and get used to it, the more I love t. Currently bass of choice :)

To me its just wood and metal. I've owned around 70 4, 5, 6, 8 and 12 string fretted, fretless, solid body, semi acoustic and electroacoustic basses. As I mentioned last week I used to gig with about £6000 of basses and now its about £400 and am getting an amazing sound, great playability and much enjoyment from them.

They could end up in my Will or they could end up on Ebay next week.

[quote name='Krysbass' post='1158041' date='Mar 11 2011, 02:40 PM']My 1984 Westone Thunder III - second "proper" bass (the first one was a Thunder 1A). In its 26th year and going strong.

[attachment=74523:WTIIIangle.JPG]

EDIT: Thinking about it, I [u]would[/u] actually have no objection in principle to selling this bass, problem is that no-one would pay the money I’d want for it. :)[/quote]

Or try me, biggest mistake I ever made was selling one of these, very hard to find, oh and for the record I will never make the same mistake by selling my Dingwall AB11, absolutely love it.

• 6 months later...

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1299674408' post='1155187']On the flipside of the 'Ever sold a guitar...then wanted it back?' thread, do you have a bass that you would <u><b>never</b></u> part with unless it was a life and death situation?

I would never sell my Jazz bass unless I absolutely had to. Other basses have come and gone, but it has been my mainstay for the last 14 years or so and has never let me down.[/quote]

Well, at the risk of appearing a complete lying ballbag, I thought I would update this post as I sold this bass a while ago! Those far wiser than me had predicted this would happen......

Anyone else done the same? Has your sacred bass now gone?