Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision Bass 1966

Hi All,

Up for sale is my 1966 Sunburst P Bass, serial number 141225. 100% Original.

As hopefully you can see from the photos, she is in remarkable condition and still retains the original flatwounds from the factory.

Asking price is £3,500.

All the best, Si

Edited by 353203

[quote name='Clarky' post='1116854' date='Feb 5 2011, 07:07 PM']Beautiful - how on earth has it stayed in such remarkable condition with the original strings? I guess that prior to your ownership it simply sat in its case under someone's bed ... Just lovely[/quote]

What he said. I can own a bass for 20 minutes and it looks in worse condition than this one. Looks amazing.

I swapped FOUR of my basses for Si's 1966 Precision in CAR a month or so ago.

This is the first time I've regretted it.

:)

IMHO, for this bass, £3500 is a VERY fair price. There's just no way that I can justify (even to myself) owing two 1966 Precisions.

Now if it was a 19[size=3][b]5[/b][/size]6 of course ...

[quote name='ballbag1066' post='1116989' date='Feb 5 2011, 08:28 PM']Hmmm Manchester to Woking... 3.5 hrs there, 3.5K dropped, 3.5hrs back. 45 year old piece on the passenger seat. VERY tempting![/quote]

Tell you what, mate, I live an hour from Woking. Send me the money, I'll collect the bass for you, and I'll even store it for you for several months at no charge before you need to come to get it.

That'll save you at least two hours of travel time.

Fair?

+1
That is without doubt a bargain price for what looks to be an 'investment' grade instrument.
Can't see it remaining un-sold for long!

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1116977' date='Feb 5 2011, 08:15 PM']IMHO, for this bass, £3500 is a VERY fair price. There's just no way that I can justify (even to myself) owing two 1966 Precisions.
Now if it was a 19[size=3][b]5[/b][/size]6 of course ...[/quote]

I had the pleasure of meeting this bass in person a few months back, and if it wasn't for a rather nicely mojo'd '65 that Si also had at the time, the '66 would have been living chez Beedster. It's everything it appears to be and, as has been said above, it's a bargain price for a museum grade instrument (and you can't beat the mid 60's Precisions). Goes without saying but Si's a real gent to deal with also.

C

Trying to persuade swmbo that this would be a far better investment than the money in the bank.
I'm not giving up though :)
Every time I look at the photo's my eyes water.

Actually bought a couple of basses off Si for investment purposes.
Lovely chap.