Why become a member? ×

Aldi Trolley

2x18

Not Ebay, But Aldi are doing a special on a german made trolley this week in the U.K.

Just bought one for my Omni 15, and its really well made and light and cheap at only £12.99 with a robust extending handle.

[url="http://www.aldi-stores.co.uk/uk/html/offers/58_4918.htm"]http://www.aldi-stores.co.uk/uk/html/offers/58_4918.htm[/url]

Will.

[quote name='Mrs Tinman' post='127395' date='Jan 24 2008, 10:50 PM']We've got one of those Aldi trolleys (purchased, not stolen from outside the store :) ) and its brill.[/quote]
+1 me too

Not really great for big gear but 6 Aluminium briefcases full of mics and stuff go on well

[quote name='Sean' post='127687' date='Jan 25 2008, 12:51 PM']Just come back from Aldi in Cheltenham and they haven't got any. :)[/quote]

They come up on ebay too
Item number: 370016382296

try this one too Item number: 370016106666
It's £15+ £8 P+P..

Maplins do one just like that. It's normally about 30 quid though usually 20 in their sales ..

[quote name='Sean' post='127687' date='Jan 25 2008, 12:51 PM']Just come back from Aldi in Cheltenham and they haven't got any. :)[/quote]

Yeah. I tried picking up one of these when Aldi's had them last year, and they sold out double quick. I think a lot of people use Aldis as a cheap source for ebay items.

Real men carry their gear and don't wheel it around like a bloody air stewardess :huh:
Is it just me or has there been a recent 'trollyisation' of everyday life? You get off a train these days and get held up behind a queue of otherwise fit and healthy men wheeling what are clearly small and lightweight bags on an inherently unstable trolly as if they were in fact moving a grand piano up a 20% hill. The bloody things invariably require their puny-limbed owners to make numerous adjustments before/during/after stairs, corners, kerbs, cracks in the pavement etc and the resultant slowing of everything else whilst 20 or 30 wimps make said adjustments at the same time renders me utterly speechless.
I have however found that the odd word of encouragment such as "do you need a hand carrying your bag love" to a bloke in his mid 20's struggling to get his 10kg trolly bag down the stairs does the trick.
Well, it makes me feel better anyway ;)
Take home message: If you can't carry it, buy a smaller one!
Rant over :)
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='127772' date='Jan 25 2008, 02:38 PM']Real men carry their gear and don't wheel it around like a bloody air stewardess ;)
Is it just me or has there been a recent 'trollyisation' of everyday life? You get off a train these days and get held up behind a queue of otherwise fit and healthy men wheeling what are clearly small and lightweight bags on an inherently unstable trolly as if they were in fact moving a grand piano up a 20% hill. The bloody things invariably require their puny-limbed owners to make numerous adjustments before/during/after stairs, corners, kerbs, cracks in the pavement etc and the resultant slowing of everything else whilst 20 or 30 wimps make said adjustments at the same time renders me utterly speechless.
I have however found that the odd word of encouragment such as "do you need a hand carrying your bag love" to a bloke in his mid 20's struggling to get his 10kg trolly bag down the stairs does the trick.
Chris[/quote]

Wait til you are old and your arms, shoulders and back are shagged, not from playing wearing a 12 lb Stingray but from carrying your rig. or worse, the drummer's gadget box or a PA cab ...
Then you'll wish you listened to us young man :huh:

[b]Old[/b] Git

[quote name='OldGit' post='127798' date='Jan 25 2008, 03:19 PM']Wait til you are old and your arms, shoulders and back are shagged, not from playing wearing a 12 lb Stingray but from carrying your rig. or worse, the drummer's gadget box or a PA cab ...
Then you'll wish you listened to us young man :)

[b]Old[/b] Git[/quote]

LOL :huh:
Long time since anyone called me 'young man'!
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='127859' date='Jan 25 2008, 04:25 PM']LOL :)
Long time since anyone called me 'young man'!
Chris[/quote]

Have you had the opportunity to address a cop as 'son' yet?

One of the very few things I'm looking forward to as I age gracelessly...

[quote name='Beedster' post='127772' date='Jan 25 2008, 02:38 PM']Real men carry their gear and don't wheel it around like a bloody air stewardess :)[/quote]
I quite agree. Though plumping one's GK 200MB onto the stage in front of slightly more intimidating bass rigs does require the ability to say "size doesn't matter" and really mean it...

Stuff any single component that weighs over 15kg.

[quote name='Beedster' post='127772' date='Jan 25 2008, 02:38 PM']Real men carry their gear and don't wheel it around like a bloody air stewardess :huh:
Chris[/quote]
Have you been reading the Daily Mail lately? ;)

Deep breaths...and relax. ;-)