Why become a member? ×

BASS BASH MARCH 2008

ped

OK, I'm up for this. My Shuker 6 and G&L L2000 are probably 'run of the mill' enough not to bother bringing - is anyone interested in trying a Bergantino NV610 or a mid 70's Ampeg V4?

I think a liftshare thread is needed, although I've got a small car so could probably only carry one person after gear!

Good idea on the minibuses if there are enough takers, but i notice that there's not much response from the Bristolians on here yet.

Probably not worth taking too many large bass rigs as the room is not really very good acoustically and we better not make TOO much noise. I took my Mesa 400+/1516BE rig once and it was far too big/loud.

Always a good idea to bring a small pocket headphone amplifier which your ears are accustomed to so you can try out some basses.

[quote name='G-bitch' post='130647' date='Jan 30 2008, 01:32 PM']OK, I'm up for this. My Shuker 6 and G&L L2000 are probably 'run of the mill' enough not to bother bringing - is anyone interested in trying a Bergantino NV610 or a mid 70's Ampeg V4?

I think a liftshare thread is needed, although I've got a small car so could probably only carry one person after gear!

Good idea on the minibuses if there are enough takers, but i notice that there's not much response from the Bristolians on here yet.[/quote]

i would like to try the berg nv610

im planning on getting one in the next 3-4 months

[quote name='G-bitch' post='130647' date='Jan 30 2008, 01:32 PM']OK, I'm up for this. My Shuker 6 and G&L L2000 are probably 'run of the mill' enough not to bother bringing - is anyone interested in trying a Bergantino NV610 or a mid 70's Ampeg V4?

Good idea on the minibuses if there are enough takers, but i notice that there's not much response from the Bristolians on here yet.[/quote]

I'll be driving past the M4 end of the M32 and may have room if you can get to Hambrook ...

[quote name='ped' post='130650' date='Jan 30 2008, 01:38 PM']Probably not worth taking too many large bass rigs as the room is not really very good acoustically and we better not make TOO much noise. I took my Mesa 400+/1516BE rig once and it was far too big/loud.

Always a good idea to bring a small pocket headphone amplifier which your ears are accustomed to so you can try out some basses.[/quote]

the Dalek was just too big :)

[quote name='OldGit' post='130815' date='Jan 30 2008, 05:19 PM']I'll be driving past the M4 end of the M32 and may have room if you can get to Hambrook ...[/quote]

Much appreciate the offer - I'll start a thread a couple of weeks before the actual day so every is certain what they're up to etc.

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='129672' date='Jan 28 2008, 11:30 PM']Great - looking forward to meeting you then Owen and I'll be bringing along my Roscoe Beck 5 you helped me to sort out![/quote]

I hope that it's not CAR with matching headstock otherwise I will have to take it home with me. I have always fancied one.

Bit of a cheeky request (despite limited room for gear!) - does anyone have an Ampeg 810 that they can bring along? I'd love to do an A/B comparison with the Bergie 610 and see how it fairs with a good few neutral pairs of ears (i.e. those who haven't splashed out on either of the cabs!).

Edited by G-bitch

[quote name='ped' post='131748' date='Feb 1 2008, 09:49 AM']I am not sure you will be able to crank them up enough to do a good comparison given the nature of the room![/quote]

That's a shame.

Good point on practise amps - I can bring a little Line 6 10" job with a headphone output.

[quote name='G-bitch' post='130647' date='Jan 30 2008, 01:32 PM']OK, I'm up for this. My Shuker 6 and G&L L2000 are probably 'run of the mill' enough not to bother bringing -[/quote]

Bring the Shuker BRING THE SHUKER! ;o) I think it'd be great to see some UK Luthier product at the bash! Would make for great photos! (Overwater, Sei etc etc)

[quote name='dood' post='131978' date='Feb 1 2008, 03:09 PM']Bring the Shuker BRING THE SHUKER! ;o) I think it'd be great to see some UK Luthier product at the bash! Would make for great photos! (Overwater, Sei etc etc)[/quote]

I'm bringing some "UK Luthier product" .. or a couple of Shuker basses as I prefer to call them :0 and Rich is too :)

[quote name='dood' post='132104' date='Feb 1 2008, 07:03 PM']Also a request for an Aguilar GS112, an Epifani UL-112 and a Dr Bass 1260, if any one happens to be bringing them, I am interested in a little A/B session with a certain baby amp ;o)[/quote]

Hey Dood

If I can make it (yet to be confirmed), I might be able to bring my UL112 and some "UK Luthier product" (Overwater Progress Fretless 5) - space and travel arrangements permitting...

Edited by jwbassman

[quote name='OldGit' post='132067' date='Feb 1 2008, 05:11 PM']I'm bringing some "UK Luthier product" .. or a couple of Shuker basses as I prefer to call them :0 and Rich is too :)[/quote]Yup, and I'll also bring my Alternative UK Luthier Product -- or 'Wal' to you :huh:

I will bring a USA Jazz (2005), and a fretless P which started as a no name fretted and now has a Encore fretless neck. I am interested in whether this can be fitted with Fender PUPs, so maybe someone can advise me on that. I also have a Fender Combo which I can bring which has a headphone socket if anyone thnks it might be useful.

Steve