Why become a member? ×

BASS BASH MARCH 2008

ped

[quote name='OldGit' post='126106' date='Jan 23 2008, 02:17 PM']How is the stagg?[/quote]

Stagg's fine, although it's been superseded by a Steinberger EUB. However, I still like it a lot, it's very easy to take to rehearsals and I use it for those. I've made a simple effective stand for it which I'll bring along to the Bash.

[quote name='bassace' post='126754' date='Jan 24 2008, 11:10 AM']Stagg's fine, although it's been superseded by a Steinberger EUB. However, I still like it a lot, it's very easy to take to rehearsals and I use it for those. I've made a simple effective stand for it which I'll bring along to the Bash.[/quote]

Cheers. I fancy a go on one.

I should be there - barn dance the preceding evening which I should have recovered from.

Will probably bring the JD Thumb and possibly its fretless brother, and the Tsai 5-string. Maybe the Tsai 7-string too. And perhaps the MB200 so I can play hide-the-bass-amp.

Is anyone likely to be bringing an Omni 10 or 10.5 along?

Um - I know I've said this before but I'd really like to attend but I live in London and would really like to lift share if possible - I know Kiwi Steve is busy so if anyone else if driving from London and wants someone to split the cost of petrol etc then I'd be very happy and grateful to do this. I should have - with a bit of luck - the new Sei Single Cut by then so I'd be tempted to bring both that and my fretless - as well as my SWR Baby Baby Blue - which is great - can't really bring the Epifani unfortunately.

So any London types let me know if you're able to lift share - if not - no worries.

Mike

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='125663' date='Jan 22 2008, 07:17 PM']:huh:
I've got a gig in Lewisham. Could maybe turn up for the morning session :)
will have to check the itinary.[/quote]

ok, can probably make it ;)

but will have to leave about 2ish ;)

Ped, it could be just you and me at 10!

[quote name='funkypenguin' post='125134' date='Jan 21 2008, 11:35 PM']p.s dood please tell me you'l be bringing doodle along????[/quote]

Oh yes... and the new rig as well if anyone is interested.

Just a thought - closer to the actual event a list of gear that will definitely be present should be generated so there's not vast amounts of duplication, from what I recall it's quite a small room.
Not sure if I'll be able to do this one or not, hopefully but I'm not playing much at present (between bands, recently moved house) and my gear hasn't changed much. I could bring a pre EB stingray (not all original) that I'm thinking of putting up for sale again if anyone's interested.

[quote name='KevB' post='127094' date='Jan 24 2008, 05:13 PM']Just a thought - closer to the actual event a list of gear that will definitely be present should be generated so there's not vast amounts of duplication,[/quote]

Yes, great minds think alike.. we do *usually* have said list available prior to a meet for the reasons you suggested!

[quote name='Mrs Tinman' post='127411' date='Jan 24 2008, 10:57 PM']I might come along in the hope of getting a snog from [spoiler]Nellie[/spoiler] :wub:

Hahahaha - you thought I was going to say [spoiler]Dood[/spoiler] then didn't you? :huh:

We'll do our best to get there if Tinman hasn't already swanned off to the States for 3 months :)[/quote]

One of the above has been caught gnawing on tables and licking their nether regions, the other.. *for ten points insert your own punchline*

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='127674' date='Jan 25 2008, 12:39 PM']No interest in this then?[/quote]

I think it has been discussed.. I think its all a case of cost to produce.

[quote name='Mrs Tinman' post='127411' date='Jan 24 2008, 10:57 PM']I might come along in the hope of getting a snog from [spoiler]Nellie[/spoiler] :wub:

Hahahaha - you thought I was going to say [spoiler]Dood[/spoiler] then didn't you? :huh:

We'll do our best to get there if Tinman hasn't already swanned off to the States for 3 months :)[/quote]
Who is Nellie?

[quote name='urb' post='127030' date='Jan 24 2008, 04:23 PM']I should have - with a bit of luck - the new Sei Single Cut by then so I'd be tempted to bring both that and my fretless[/quote]

Can somebody please share with him so he can come!

I would love to try both of them.

Great, right in my time off well pending not being slave driven into an early grave and acctualy getting time off during easter. Plus a well mannered parent not demanding use of their car.

I'll be there with a family of ACG's, my DHA VT5-400, and in all realism a markbass 102HF. (These omni's will never get done)

Might be able to bring people up as well based around Ross-on-Wye / passing through worcester, bromsgrove and warwick.

Edited by Sugden

[quote name='obbm' post='129086' date='Jan 28 2008, 08:59 AM']Is anyone bringing, or could they bring, a Status Series 2 Classic headless throughneck 4-string.

I'm getting itchy fingers for another Status.[/quote]

I played your Stealth 5 on Saturday Dave - never thought I'd get Status GAS but that was a lovely bass.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='129094' date='Jan 28 2008, 09:15 AM']I played your Stealth 5 on Saturday Dave - never thought I'd get Status GAS but that was a lovely bass.[/quote]

Indeed it was/is. A superb piece of engineering and a pleasure to play but I didn't get on with the tone, however I love the sound and feel of the Status necked Stingray 5 that's why I'd like to try a Series 2 Classic.