Why become a member? ×

BASS BASH MARCH 2008

ped

'noon all...

Confirmated equipment list:

Ashdown Superfly
Epifani UL110 1x 10"

1980 Aria SB 900
1981 Aria TSB 400 (the battered one with the Kahler trem)

Sadly the SB 1000 Frankenfretless is nowhere near ready, although I hope to have a few photos of it in its new shiny paint, so that means I'll have to subject you'll all have to suffer an outbreak of outrageous splattery pointiness.

Shame, that.

Hoping to be along around 11 ish & looking forward to it all as ever.

Pete.

Bob/Nik, looks like the stag do isn't happening next weekend ( ;) ) so I will be at the bash. Bob, I'll bring the Ovation if that's good for you? Nik, if you want the H&K it's on ebay and to be honest, the way it's looking I think you'll probably get it cheaper than the price we originally agreed (my Trace head, Marshall cab and Carlsboro power amp are there too if anyoine's interested - I could bring anything you win to Northants)! Re basses, I'm gonna bring a '70s Precision. Or two. Or three. Or..... :)

Looking forward to catching up with the bass playing community and to talking my usual level of crap to you all in person as opposed to online :huh:

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='161419' date='Mar 21 2008, 02:01 PM']Bob/Nik, looks like the stag do isn't happening next weekend ( ;) ) so I will be at the bash. Bob, I'll bring the Ovation if that's good for you? Nik, if you want the H&K it's on ebay and to be honest, the way it's looking I think you'll probably get it cheaper than the price we originally agreed (my Trace head, Marshall cab and Carlsboro power amp are there too if anyoine's interested - I could bring anything you win to Northants)! Re basses, I'm gonna bring a '70s Precision. Or two. Or three. Or..... :)

Looking forward to catching up with the bass playing community and to talking my usual level of crap to you all in person as opposed to online :huh:

Chris[/quote]
Hi Chris

Great news about you being able to get to the Bash and I'm looking forward to seeing you there!

TBH, it wouldn't surprise me if the H&K goes over the £100 mark on Ebay because, although it's not that high in terms of bids at the moment, there's usually people waiting until right near the end of the auction before they bid. Must admit, that's what I always do and it's usually when the fun starts...

So, I'll be watching with more than a little bit of interest now!

Nik

Unfortunately, I'll no longer be able to make-it... it's a long story, but basically we've had a bit of a family emergency... so I can't make it to Northampton...

Gutted! I was really looking forward to meeting you all in person and having a good natter!

Hope it all goes well, and that you all have a great day - I look forward to seeing the pics!

Rich

Been told I can come out and play. Is anyone bringing a Bass POD XT Live? If not I'll bring mine for people to play with - seems to be a fair amount of interest in them. Also will have my Ohm GA140 1 x 15" combo and Aria IGB40.

Won't get there till 1:30ish as I'm playing Sunday morning.

Edited by FJ1200

Is anyone else driving from London ?

I m based in Battersea and I d love to come but i got no car. it could be also a way of splitting fuel cost. ( trains are so exepensive those days...)

I ll bring my Adamovic 6 strings custom super nova with me (check my signature to see pictures)

cheers

Edited by guiguite

[quote name='guiguite' post='162844' date='Mar 24 2008, 09:22 PM']I m based in Battersea and I d love to come but i got no car. it could be also a way of splitting fuel cost. ( trains are so exepensive those days...)[/quote]

I live in Battersea too mate... whereabouts? I live near Battersea High Street near Battersea Bridge.

I'm hitching a lift with Crazykiwi, if he can still manage to get out of his rehearsal. He might still have a space left if you PM him.

[quote name='s_u_y_*' post='162862' date='Mar 24 2008, 09:55 PM']I live in Battersea too mate... whereabouts? I live near Battersea High Street near Battersea Bridge.

I'm hitching a lift with Crazykiwi, if he can still manage to get out of his rehearsal. He might still have a space left if you PM him.[/quote]

im at the petworth street bus stop, a bit after the police station on battersea bridge road in a complex called ethelburga..., funny that we are that close :huh:

i ll PM crazykiwi then, but with all the basses, amp and stuff in the car, i might be too late , we ll see :)

[quote name='OldGit' post='163230' date='Mar 25 2008, 04:20 PM']Oh dear

Clocks spring forward this Sat ... That means a very early start for us :)[/quote]

Blimey, I thought you were coming from Cardiff not Scotland!!

Well reminded on the clock front :-)

Mark

[quote name='poptart' post='163241' date='Mar 25 2008, 04:38 PM']Blimey, I thought you were coming from Cardiff not Scotland!!

Well reminded on the clock front :-)

Mark[/quote]

150 miles / 2.5 hours driving each way ..
If all of you midlanders stay off the roads on Sunday I may be able to do it a little faster

Oh, will you have the new Wood & Tronicses?

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='OldGit' post='163245' date='Mar 25 2008, 04:44 PM']150 miles / 2.5 hours driving each way ..
If all of you midlanders stay off the roads on Sunday I may be able to do it a little faster

Oh, will you have the new Wood & Tronicses?[/quote]

Si

Okay I will let you off :-)

I will have at least one Wood&Tronics, a couple of Roscoes, a couple of Nordys and with any amount of luck some of the new Skjolds as well. I am bringng an AE410 for ARi and if I have room a couple of the new Bergy cabs too - it will a car full!

Mark

[quote name='lonestar' post='163375' date='Mar 25 2008, 09:15 PM']I'll be coming on Saturday accompanied by my US Jazz, Peavey Tim Landers Signature five string and possibly my DIY fretless Hartke. Should I bring a my Markbass 2x10 combo too?[/quote]

Yes please :) oh if there's not one already on the list..

Best bring a sleeping bag too :huh: (the bash is on Sunday)

[quote name='lonestar' post='163375' date='Mar 25 2008, 09:15 PM']I'll be coming on Saturday accompanied by my US Jazz, Peavey Tim Landers Signature five string...[/quote]
Now thats a bass I'm quite curious about. Looks the parts and the other sig basses I've tried like the Rudy Sarzo and Jeff Berlin model were quite impressive. That Jeff Berlin is actually a bass I wouldn't mind having at some point. Great workhorse bass given its got a graphite reinforced neck.