Why become a member? ×

BASS BASH MARCH 2008

ped

[quote name='bnt' post='151044' date='Mar 4 2008, 01:35 PM']I'm looking at a way of getting there, partly with a slightly ulterior motive: I have a Chapman Stick (10-string) I would like to sell. I've concluded that selling it will mean a trip to the UK anyway, since shipping from Ireland is expensive and risky. I'd like a trip to the UK anyway, and if I stay in Northampton I'll get a Saturday in London too.

Would anyone be interested in taking a serious look at the Stick, if I bring it across? I'll post a note in the For Sale forum too, with photos (later). I'd prefer to carry it one-way only. :)[/quote]

I'm in no position to be spending money on new instruments, other than those on the way already, but I would love to have a play on your Chapman Stick!

Dan

I'm up for this, it would be great to meet some of you after being on here for a while. I'll bring my Yamaha fretless (equipped with quarter pounder pickup) and my pedal board (if anyone's interested in trying out an EBS Multicomp, Digitech Bass Synth Wah, Humphrey Bad Monkey and DHA VT2 Dual Custom!).

Shoot me a PM if anyone's driving up from London and has room for a small one in the car!

I'll sling my MultiComp in the bag.. I wouldn't mind trying a Sansamp BDDI again, or one of the other bass versions, like the Para for example...

[edit] ...^^^^^ I would had I have not sold it ;o)

Sorry, folks - I've had a rethink, and won't be coming to the Bash after all. The timing was just too awkward, it required me to take time off university and miss lectures, which I would rather not do with exams 6 weeks away. :)

[quote name='s_u_y_*' post='153909' date='Mar 9 2008, 02:10 PM']Anyone fancy giving me and a bass a lift from Battersea, South London? I can always travel to a tube or train station near you... and of course, will chuck in some petrol money for your troubles. :)[/quote]
Hi s_u_y,

Depending on numbers travelling on the day, Walman, Merton and me are travelling up in a minibus from the south coast, so we could probably rendezvous with you somewhere south of London if that helps?

What gear are you planning on taking?

Nik

[quote name='s_u_y_*' post='153909' date='Mar 9 2008, 02:10 PM']Anyone fancy giving me and a bass a lift from Battersea, South London? I can always travel to a tube or train station near you... and of course, will chuck in some petrol money for your troubles. :)[/quote]
[quote name='dannybuoy' post='151133' date='Mar 4 2008, 04:18 PM']I'm up for this, it would be great to meet some of you after being on here for a while. I'll bring my Yamaha fretless (equipped with quarter pounder pickup) and my pedal board (if anyone's interested in trying out an EBS Multicomp, Digitech Bass Synth Wah, Humphrey Bad Monkey and DHA VT2 Dual Custom!).

Shoot me a PM if anyone's driving up from London and has room for a small one in the car![/quote]

Alternatively, if you can make it to Ravenscourt Park/Stamford Brook I can give you both a lift also, given neither of you plan to bring big amps.

I have a cunning plan m'lord.

Would it not be a huge amount of fun if we could perhaps bring some of our drummer buddies down and set up a drum and bass jam sesh? My father has an electric drum kit I could probably persuade to let my bring, and we can run that through a bass rig and just have a cool little jam going on.

I don't know wether that'd be against some public performance laws or something but if people like the idea it would be great fun!

(P.S. Kudos to those who get the blackadder reference)

[quote name='Forcemaster' post='155655' date='Mar 11 2008, 11:45 PM']I have a cunning plan m'lord.

Would it not be a huge amount of fun if we could perhaps bring some of our drummer buddies down and set up a drum and bass jam sesh? My father has an electric drum kit I could probably persuade to let my bring, and we can run that through a bass rig and just have a cool little jam going on.

I don't know wether that'd be against some public performance laws or something but if people like the idea it would be great fun!

(P.S. Kudos to those who get the blackadder reference)[/quote]
Or go for a world record Bass Orchestra :)

[quote name='MissPenguin' post='158222' date='Mar 15 2008, 10:00 PM']Any space for me?
I may be able to get there, but doubt i could bring anything..[/quote]
Could be... Whereabouts are you based? We're travelling up from the south coast and have room for more people depending on location..

[quote name='Forcemaster' post='155655' date='Mar 11 2008, 11:45 PM']I have a cunning plan m'lord.

(P.S. Kudos to those who get the blackadder reference)[/quote]
You know what? I was so close to suggesting this myself and I can't remember what stopped me. I think I might have been distracted by work at the time.

It's only a short jump to others bringing a guitar and a keyboard and...

...a Basschat band is formed.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='158338' date='Mar 16 2008, 10:41 AM']You know what? I was so close to suggesting this myself and I can't remember what stopped me. I think I might have been distracted by work at the time.

It's only a short jump to others bringing a guitar and a keyboard and...

...a Basschat band is formed.[/quote]

There's a small Japanese drummer trapped in my zoom pedal if that helps ..

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='155230' date='Mar 11 2008, 12:39 PM']Alternatively, if you can make it to Ravenscourt Park/Stamford Brook I can give you both a lift also, given neither of you plan to bring big amps.[/quote]

Hey there mate... I think I'll take you up on this offer. It's only about 30 minutes from where I live. Thanks!

Just to let you know, I only plan to bring a bass and a gadget or two. Wahey, I'm sorted! :)

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='155228' date='Mar 11 2008, 12:32 PM']Hi s_u_y,

Depending on numbers travelling on the day, Walman, Merton and me are travelling up in a minibus from the south coast, so we could probably rendezvous with you somewhere south of London if that helps?

What gear are you planning on taking?

Nik[/quote]

Thanks Nik for the offer. I would have applied anyway if I couldn't find something a little more straight forward for me. It's a great idea. Always good to reduce your carbon footprint... good job!

Edited by s_u_y_*

[quote name='s_u_y_*' post='158650' date='Mar 16 2008, 10:20 PM']Hey there mate... I think I'll take you up on this offer. It's only about 30 minutes from where I live. Thanks!

Just to let you know, I only plan to bring a bass and a gadget or two. Wahey, I'm sorted! :)

Thanks Nik for the offer. I would have applied anyway if I couldn't find something a little more straight forward for me. It's a great idea. Always good to reduce your carbon footprint... good job![/quote]
No problem s_u_y and I'm glad to hear you're sorted out! Look forward to meeting you up there....

[quote name='s_u_y_*' post='158650' date='Mar 16 2008, 10:20 PM']Hey there mate... I think I'll take you up on this offer. It's only about 30 minutes from where I live. Thanks!

Just to let you know, I only plan to bring a bass and a gadget or two. Wahey, I'm sorted! :)[/quote]
OKdoke, if you drop me a PM closer to the time I'll let you know where I can pick you up.