Why become a member? ×

BASS BASH MARCH 2008

ped

Hi everyone,

You will be pleased to know that the first Bass Bash of 2008 will be taking place on Sunday the 30th of March here:

Premier Inn
Harpole Turn
Weedon Road
Harpole
Northampton
NN7 4DD
T: 08701 977 195
F: 01604 831807

Here is a map: [url="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=NN7+4DD&ie=UTF8&z=16&iwloc=addr&om=0"]http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=e...c=addr&om=0[/url] or

[url="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=NN7+4DD&ie=UTF8&om=0&ll=52.235948,-0.984821&spn=0.015769,0.025749&z=14&iwloc=addr&source=embed"]View Larger Map[/url]

There will be the whole function room at our disposal, and I have requested that the curtained off area be cleared to make more room for us. There is plenty of parking, a good bar and food available all day. I will be there at 10:00 and the venue is ours until we get bored, usually around 7:00.

Everyone is welcome to come along for a chat, to play some gear and put some usernames to some faces! You don't have to bring any gear of course, but it is always nice ;0)

See you all there... if you are confirmed as coming why not post here and let us know what you will be bringing? Is there anything that people want to try out especially? I have asked that we can have a whiteboard flip-chart in the room so we can all play pictionary. Awesome. I have also splashed out and provided jugs of water.

I will also have a bunch of sticky lables so that we can identify eachother. Always quite a weird experience meeting someone who you have been talking to via the forum for a long time!

Come for the whole day, nip by for an hour or two - up to you. It would be great to see you.

There will be a suggested donation of a couple of quid - the room will be paid for by our Google advert and your kind donations, but any donations received on the day will go to a worthy charity. And no, not a big pudding for Bassjamm. There will also be a raffle on the day - details here [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11982&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11982&hl=[/url]

Cheers
ped

That day's clear for me and no gig on the saturday either so I'll be less bog-eyed and knackered than usual. Room for a few more in my motor if anyone needs a lift.

Will bring any of the following if anyone's interested but otherwise I won't bother.

Lakland Darryl Jones 4
Bongo 5 HS
Precision with Wizard Thumper

EBS Classic V1 Pre = QSC PLX2 3102
Epifani 212 NYC

I should be able to come. I'll bring the DJ4 with Fralins to compare with your DJ4 Al. I will also bring the Duck Dunn Dark Star. Stingray Status 5 with Nordstrand anyone? Any requests?

The question is what amp. Should I bring the BFC?

I think i can make this. along with my MiM jazz thats fitted with Wizard 84's. (someone may want to hear what they sound like) i will bring The Bob Glaub Lackland that i have just bought off oldhorsemurphy. (i hope thats not being presumptuous oldhorsemurphy :) ) ampwise it will be my old peavey 130. looking forward to it.

Just a note to all - space will be fairly limited and lots of people bringing big rigs will result in sardine syndrome. So if you are buddies with someone taking a rig, it might be worth asking to 'share' theirs.

Also sensible volume limits have to be in place otherwise it'll result in a load of noise with no-one really hearing anything. Think volume wars with your guitarist but worse...

[quote name='obbm' post='124694' date='Jan 21 2008, 03:39 PM']I should be able to come. I'll bring the DJ4 with Fralins to compare with your DJ4 Al. I will also bring the Duck Dunn Dark Star. Stingray Status 5 with Nordstrand anyone? Any requests?

The question is what amp. Should I bring the BFC?[/quote]

It'll be interesting to compare the two DJs Dave - I must be honest and say I wasn't really enjoying the sound of the Aeros (with my GK rig) and was thinking of changing them but since I got my new rig it sounds absolutely tremendous. Must order those control plates.

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='124756' date='Jan 21 2008, 04:41 PM']i may also try and come along to this.
i have an ashdown (which everybody hates :)) and a USA precision, a 3EQ stingray, bitsa jazz and a JV Precision, which i imagine everybody else has seen before so i'll leave them at home, unless anybody has any desires to see them!

I might bring a guitar![/quote]

I can pick you up if you want John, I will only have one or two basses.

Steve