Why become a member? ×

BASS BASH MARCH 2008

ped

[quote name='ped' post='141422' date='Feb 15 2008, 10:56 PM']Hehe happy days. I will be slinging my three basses in the car Luke so if I send you my pod patches I might as well leave my pod at home, too.[/quote]

ped owns a pod?

Anyway i can't come because northampton is no where near hull and besides i'm 16. I'd feel really weird hangin about with a load of old fogies :)

• 2 weeks later...

...speaking of North East, is there anyone out this way that wants a lift? I may be able to go if I can find someone to share fuel costs/stop me getting lost...

I'm in Hull, but could go across to Manchester/Leeds I suppose - looks like Sheffield is on the way too.

Is anyone bringing their other halves? Maybe we could setup a makeup/shoes/ perfume alternative for them :)

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='147116' date='Feb 26 2008, 09:59 AM']...speaking of North East, is there anyone out this way that wants a lift? I may be able to go if I can find someone to share fuel costs/stop me getting lost...

I'm in Hull, but could go across to Manchester/Leeds I suppose - looks like Sheffield is on the way too.

Is anyone bringing their other halves? Maybe we could setup a makeup/shoes/ perfume alternative for them :)[/quote]

What do you mean "what bash"?
:huh:

[quote name='mcgraham' post='147132' date='Feb 26 2008, 10:19 AM']May be a bit late to ask but is anyone going from Nottingham? Or Nottingham locale? I'd like to come but would need a lift to do so. So if anyone is feeling generous and has space for one + one bass that'd be much appreciated!

Mark[/quote]

Hi Mark

I am going from Kegworth, with perhaps one other, but not confirmed, so you will be welcome to ride with me. Probably aim to be there 12ish or maybe earlier, so aiming to be about 11 from mine, let me know if that fits in.

Steve

[quote name='mcgraham' post='147132' date='Feb 26 2008, 10:19 AM']May be a bit late to ask but is anyone going from Nottingham? Or Nottingham locale? I'd like to come but would need a lift to do so. So if anyone is feeling generous and has space for one + one bass that'd be much appreciated!

Mark[/quote]

Just sent you a PM!

I will be going, I will be bringing along my Lefty Fender. I'll also bring along my laptop with StealthPlug/AmPeg if anyone is interested in giving it a go.

Edited by Moody

Okay, i'm definately turning up to this! I'm nearby and there's too much sexy gear coming not to!

I can bring my GK rig (bought on these forums!) but as ped said with lots of amps there it might be too noisy/pointless but if anyone really wants to hear/try a gk 700RB-II and GK NEO212 cab then by all means i'll bring it.

I'll also bring along my Ibanez SR506 for some fun.

Mark[/quote]

If you do make it down feel free to bring the GL! :)

He everyone, just a quick update to those who said they would bring a 1x12 cab along for me to try out. I am sorted now thank yoU!

Thanks to an absolute gent, by the moniker of 'Smash' I now own a pretty much unused Aguilar GS112. Smash lives just down the road, so striking up a deal was a breeze!

Oh.. and Homer... I remember the the MarkBass / Aguilar match from the first bass bash and the F1 certainly comes up with the goods as well ;o)

Would anyone lik eme to bring it along to the Bash?

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='147116' date='Feb 26 2008, 09:59 AM']...speaking of North East, is there anyone out this way that wants a lift? I may be able to go if I can find someone to share fuel costs/stop me getting lost...

Is anyone bringing their other halves? Maybe we could setup a makeup/shoes/ perfume alternative for them :huh:[/quote]
if my other half looked like yours youd be well advised to leave her at home! :)

Edited by phsycoandy

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='149989' date='Mar 2 2008, 08:13 PM']if my other half looked like yours youd be well advised to leave her at home! :)[/quote]

Just showed that to the wife, she replied with:

"What, so I'm a dog or something??"

She is blonde, however :huh:

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='150300' date='Mar 3 2008, 01:16 PM']Just showed that to the wife, she replied with:

"What, so I'm a dog or something??"

She is blonde, however :)[/quote]

No blimey, quite the opposite

Edited by phsycoandy

[quote name='dood' post='149899' date='Mar 2 2008, 05:28 PM']Oh.. and Homer... I remember the the MarkBass / Aguilar match from the first bass bash and the F1 certainly comes up with the goods as well ;o)[/quote]

That was an astounding little rig Dan, I'm heading back that way with my 2 Bergy 112's and if I can sell my pre/power amp, I'll be purchasing a Markbass SA450. talk about going 'round in circles :)

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='150335' date='Mar 3 2008, 02:14 PM']I'll be purchasing a Markbass SA450. talk about going 'round in circles :)[/quote]

We learn the hard way don't we! I shudder to think how much bass gear has past through my hands on the way to where I am now.. I just hope the journey stops soon!!! lol.. I love the F1, very pleased with it. I took on 2 valve guitar heads (+ 4x12's) at the weekend.. and had masses of headroom spare. Quite a change from lugging an SVT2 Pro around!

I'm looking at a way of getting there, partly with a slightly ulterior motive: I have a Chapman Stick (10-string) I would like to sell. I've concluded that selling it will mean a trip to the UK anyway, since shipping from Ireland is expensive and risky. I'd like a trip to the UK anyway, and if I stay in Northampton I'll get a Saturday in London too.

Would anyone be interested in taking a serious look at the Stick, if I bring it across? I'll post a note in the For Sale forum too, with photos (later). I'd prefer to carry it one-way only. :)

[quote name='bnt' post='151044' date='Mar 4 2008, 01:35 PM']I'm looking at a way of getting there, partly with a slightly ulterior motive: I have a Chapman Stick (10-string) I would like to sell. I've concluded that selling it will mean a trip to the UK anyway, since shipping from Ireland is expensive and risky. I'd like a trip to the UK anyway, and if I stay in Northampton I'll get a Saturday in London too.

Would anyone be interested in taking a serious look at the Stick, if I bring it across? I'll post a note in the For Sale forum too, with photos (later). I'd prefer to carry it one-way only. :)[/quote]

Hi Brian

If you decide to come over and can get the first Ryanair to East Midlands on the Saturday, you can go to Northampton with me, and I am sure that there will be someone heading south to London after the bash who can help you. You might need to check that Ryanair are okay with the bass (they can be an odd lot), but if that works out you're welcome.

Steve