Why become a member? ×

If you could join a band in the past,Which one?

stingrayPete1977

I love all the Indie, Madchester and Britpop era stuff (Im that age).I have been listening to some classics from the Seahorses,Stone Roses, and the odd track from all those great bands that had just one hit that still get played in the clubs now.

I would of been happy to of been in any of those sort of bands and written some classic basslines but what about you lot?

Shed Sevens first album is underated and brilliant with some nice simple bass lines that you can imagine playing live.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7HxhpQP-Nw&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7HxhpQP-Nw...feature=related[/url]

The first few bars sum it up really with good guitar,drum and vocals too just the sort of stuff that go me playing back in the day.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='981858' date='Oct 8 2010, 06:29 PM']I love all the Indie, Madchester and Britpop era stuff (Im that age).I have been listening to some classics from the Seahorses,Stone Roses, and the odd track from all those great bands that had just one hit that still get played in the clubs now.

I would of been happy to of been in any of those sort of bands and written some classic basslines but what about you lot?[/quote]

Ooh maybe Thin Lizzy, as a drummer, so i could still see Phill Lynot on the bass [i]and [/i]get to rock out with the band evey gig. Also Joy Division and the Sex Pistols.

Oh and be a male drummer in the all girl band [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go-Go%27s"]The Go Go's [/url]:) Belinda carlisle and Jane Wiedlin are the two sexiest girls on gods green earth. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEU5vXmE5mU&ob=av2e"]our lips are sealed[/url] <-- remember this video ?

Edited by daz

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='981858' date='Oct 8 2010, 06:29 PM']I love all the Indie, Madchester and Britpop era stuff (Im that age).I have been listening to some classics from the Seahorses,Stone Roses, and the odd track from all those great bands that had just one hit that still get played in the clubs now.

I would of been happy to of been in any of those sort of bands and written some classic basslines but what about you lot?[/quote]
Charlatans,,Roses..... Charlatans or possibly the Charlatans... :lol: .or possibly Finchleys Finest 70,s throw ups Eater some times when very very drunk I think hey Flock of Seagulls :)

From a music point of view I'd love to have been involved in Stephen Stills Manassas but from longevity I'd like to go beyond the 2 records they made. So I'll go for The Byrds as they transcended so many genres. In fact I could just cut out the middle man and have Chris Hillman's bass playing life - that way I have all the bases (& indeed basses!) covered

Some good replies people!
+1 for Chic it would be rude not to with a natural pre EB Stingray in the cupboard!
Beatles yes ,Charlatans yes,Matallica double yes (I was at the MK bowl in '93, fookin 'ell YES!)
Keep them coming this is an interesting thread so far......

p.s nice to see you back in the room Tino!

Joy Division/New Order

Hooky pretty much redefined the role of the bass guitar in post-punk and so when I joined my second band in 1982 and the guitarist wanted to do mostly weird noises and textures rather than chords and riffs I was able to step up and write songs where the bassline was the main instrumental part.