Why become a member? ×

I bought the bass because it looked like my tie!

darkandrew

I have just bought this rather striking Warwick Custom Shop Streamer Stage 1:

[attachment=60726:02640212...QTFWW_01.jpg]

[url="http://www.warwickbass.com/modules/custom_shop/NewsCustomShop.php?newsID=729&modell=Streamer&page=16&cl=EN"]http://www.warwickbass.com/modules/custom_...ge=16&cl=EN[/url]
and one of the deciding factors was that I was wearing a tie with a very similar pattern on it! So I was just wondering what weird and wonderful reasons people have used to help justify spending out on yet another bass?

Edited by darkandrew

i was on a stag weekend once and i was pissed and bought a £700 TRB6 once.. nothing wonderful but a bit weird maybe....loved the bass and i cut my 6 string teeth on it.. wonderful instrument.. the weight was an issue mind..

amazing Warwick by the way....good man...

Edited by bubinga5

I bought my 5-string bass because I have the same amount of digits on each of my hands!
I bought my 6-string in case I ever move to Norfolk!! :)

p.s. - sorry, it's 4am and I need to go to bed. :)

p.p.s. - this is possibly the stupidest post I've made so far on Basschat...? :lol:

I went to the Tewkesbury Beer Festival once. Only had 4 pints all night, although they were all 9-11 proof alcohol, felt absolutely fine. Invited a couple of friends back for a nightcap, after which, my dear wife took them home and I went to bed.

Next day, I turned the computer on, and found that in the middle of the night I had got up, obviously hideously more drunk than I thought I was, turned on the computer, logged on to EBay USA and bought/paid for a new saxophone, an instrument I had never ever considered buying and had no desire for!!! To this day, I have no recollection whatsoever of the transaction, but it was me alright! Sold it the day it arrived to one of the guys who had been at the beer festival with me......

That looks like one hell of a bass! I don't think i've bought any stuff for a particularly weird reason ever in my life before. Well apart from the fact that I spent a STUPID amount of money on some unpadded stag gig bag thing on monday because I needed it that night for an audition that I didn't even manage to find! :)

[quote name='bobpalt' post='980195' date='Oct 7 2010, 08:42 AM']I went to the Tewkesbury Beer Festival once. Only had 4 pints all night, although they were all 9-11 proof alcohol, felt absolutely fine. Invited a couple of friends back for a nightcap, after which, my dear wife took them home and I went to bed.

Next day, I turned the computer on, and found that in the middle of the night I had got up, obviously hideously more drunk than I thought I was, turned on the computer, logged on to EBay USA and bought/paid for a new saxophone, an instrument I had never ever considered buying and had no desire for!!! To this day, I have no recollection whatsoever of the transaction, but it was me alright! Sold it the day it arrived to one of the guys who had been at the beer festival with me......[/quote]
With all the basses you've had Bob, I find it amazing that you didn't buy another bass when you were in that state!

[quote name='leschirons' post='980596' date='Oct 7 2010, 02:51 PM']I once bought a guitar because it was the only musical instrument at a boot-sale and sort of felt I had to.[/quote]

I once bought a nice nylon-strung classical guitar at the Boot because I was sorry for it - I though some pikey would buy it & wreck it.

Ended up giving it to a drummer mate for his kids to play with! :)

I bought a sort-of Rick copy in the midst of a family crisis, to cheer myself up.

It didn't work, but at least I got a bass. :lol:

Jon.

Just bought myself a 'early' 60th birthday present, 'cos I've got this far & well - nobody else is going to buy me the bass of my dreams are they? Another reason, every time I see one it reminds me of my lovely 'white blonde' other half :)
[attachment=60811:05_06_10_0611.jpg]
HaHa - :) :lol:

[quote name='Johnston' post='981235' date='Oct 8 2010, 09:13 AM']I got a bass because we had a band no instruments. Everyone else could borrow something else I could get a bass for a fiver a week :) :lol: :)[/quote]

Yeah that's pretty much why EH got a bass as well, originally. No-one else in the "band" actually had one so i decided to pick up bass duties and bought some jazz copy of thomann for £65.

Edited by EdwardHimself