Why become a member? ×

samuel

Bassnut62

• 3 weeks later...

I too am not happy with dealing with Samuel and after reading this thread I'm surprised people still buy or sell stuff from him... I'll definitely not buy or sell anything on here again before checking this section...

I sold him an EBS Multidrive. The deal was £75 paid by PayPal marked as a gift so I wouldn't pay fees.
Upon receiving the PayPal payment confirmation email, I posted the pedal the next day, only to find later that he HADN'T marked it as a gift, so PayPal took £2.75 in fees.
I asked him about it and he said he was sure he had marked it as a gift and was going to see what had happened and solve it for me (pedal hadn't arrived yet).

Once the pedal arrived, any subsequent communications went pretty much ignored. It's only £2.75, but that was pretty much the postage cost, and I like that when stuff is agreed upon, people stick to it.

Therefore, my recommendation from my case and from much more serious ones above, is [u]don't deal with this guy[/u].

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just traded pedals with Samuel, no message was left unanswered and he is a great guy to deal with. I read some bad experiences here but i have to say mine was good considering international shipping was involved, no problems.

Thanks Samuel, cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Samuel replied to my wanted ad for a micro thumpinator. Price was really good, but comms were a little lacking after payment and shipping was a little slower than what I've come to expect from a basschat transaction.

Still the cheapest micro thumpinator I've seen anywhere though!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1339843818' post='1695230']
Started discussions on the Multicomp 10/6

Paid 11/6

Picked it up from the delivery office this morning (16/6) they having tried to deliver 15/6

So all in all good for me.

My only suggestion to Samuel, in light of the comments above, would be to try to keep the comms up throughout to include confirming safe receipt of funds/ posting details. Going quiet after agreeing terms and being told the transfer has been made, even if all is OK as here, can tend to make the buyer twitchy. No blame, just a thought
[/quote] Pretty much this bought some tab books and all is OK but communication is lacking after terms agreed and payment sent and delivery was a bit slow but all in all an OK transaction.

I bought an EBS Stanley Clarke wah from him.

The advert wanted payment on the day, so I did that. Before 11am in fact. On 19th June.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/210431-ebs-wah-stanley-clarke-version/page__p__2116367__hl__ebs%20wah__fromsearch__1#entry2116367"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/210431-ebs-wah-stanley-clarke-version/page__p__2116367__hl__ebs%20wah__fromsearch__1#entry2116367[/url]

It said "Boxed and in great condition"

On 24th June he ignored my request for an update on postage.

On 25th he told me "[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hi Paul yes it's on it's way to you mate"[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It still hadn't arrived. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]On 26th it still hadn't arrived - and he blamed his wife, telling me that SHE had posted it on Monday (24th June)[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Still nothing![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]On 29th (ignoring his earlier message that his wife had sent it on 24th June) he told me that it had to go by Parcel Force due to the weight.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It arrived this morning. [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The packaging is f***ing awful. The box was in a bin bag with a tiny bit of tape. The bin bag was open at one end so the box was open to the elements. The box itself looked like it had been trodden on at some point. There was no structural strength in the box at all - therefore no protection. There was no padding / bubble wrap in the box either. The pedal was just banging around in it.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The advert says "Great Condition" when in actual fact the paint is scratched away to the yellow undercoat in some places AND the base plate is bent and has come away from the middle of the housing - it bows out in the middle. It is not even in 'average' condition. [/font][/color]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]I will be carefully testing it later, and I'll update this then.[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]And finally - what a surprise - the date of postage is on the Parcel Force label. It had not been sent when he said "on it's way" and it had not been sent by his wife last Monday either.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Fortunately I paid by paypal as a purchase transaction. If the pedal doesn't function completely perfectly I will be opening a dispute.[/font][/color]

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

BEWARE !!!

My first bad experience buying on BC. My bad for not checking feedback first.

'Samuel' responded to my wanted ad for a Trace cab cover. This is what he described as 'as new condition'. Covered in crap, a hole in the top and the corner glued so tightly where it has been ripped that it barely even fits the cab anymore.

No response from my displeasure. Steer very clear

Edited by Deedee

• 4 months later...