Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='Shockwave' post='934790' date='Aug 24 2010, 02:10 PM']I think i now have the best rig. End thread.

[/quote]

Nope, here´s the end of thread:

[attachment=57626:Ampeg.jpg]
[attachment=57627:04082010118.jpg]

Edited by jensenmann

[attachment=57628:009.jpg]

My weapon of choice

Fender 300PRO
Barefaced vintage - unless one has been made in the last few weeks its the only one with a black steel grill. I like it!

Brutal rig!!!!!!!!

Also in the pic are -
Markbass LMtube
Sansamp BDDI
Tech21 Red Ripper
Yamaha John Myung 6 string
the corner of my P Bass!

Latest version of the Mert Rig:

Eden WT550 (awesome, awesome amp. I liked the Nemesis a lot, I LOVE the WT550 after just one gig :) )
Barefaced Vintage - one of the "original three" I believe, before the new lighter ply was introduced.

It will kill you if you stand too close :rolleyes:

So, I've now added my second 6B to my PJB M-300 and goodness what a difference. Apart from the increase in volume, which is less than I thought it would be but still more than ample for any gigs I'm going to play without PA support, the quality and depth of the tone is supreme. I'm just getting more of the same fantastic sound.

Cheers all

Gareth

Edited by walbassist

[quote name='walbassist' post='946690' date='Sep 5 2010, 09:08 PM']So, I've now added my second 6B to my PJB M-300 and goodness what a difference. Apart from the increase in volume, which is less than I thought it would be but still more than ample for any gigs I'm going to play without PA support, the quality and depth of the tone is supreme. I'm just getting more of the same fantastic sound.

Cheers all

Gareth[/quote]

I've never thought about these before and now I'm thinking very hard lol! What conventional configuration are those cabs analgous to? The head looks heavy?

Thanks for the comments guys!

[quote name='gafbass02' post='947982' date='Sep 7 2010, 09:31 AM']What conventional configuration are those cabs analgous to? The head looks heavy?[/quote]

PJB says that four of the 5" drivers approximate to to a normal 10" driver with a 4" voice coil, and I was told by them that the 6B is equivalent to a 1x12, but with a really big voice coil! Also, the cabs are a decent size - about the size of a 2x10 but much deeper - so the amount of energy and volume of air being moved is really very good.

The amp is a substantial 29lb/14kg. It's certainly no micro head, but it's perfectly managable and has a reassursing solidity about it.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='948006' date='Sep 7 2010, 09:46 AM']That PJ rig looks like absolutely amazing quality. That alone attracts me to it. I can only imagine is sounds immense :)[/quote]

The build quality is superlative, and that was one of the things that attracted me to it. PJB build nearly everything in house, right down to the bolts, and their QC is first class!