Why become a member? ×

Bassist who needs help

JackLondon

Hi Guys and Girls,

I have spoken with Ped about posting this and he has agreed to it so here it comes...

I have a friend Vicky who I consider my best friend and I love her to bits because of that. Unfortunately she recently has left her husband who pretty much took everything from her including all her bass gear and I just can't stand watching her not having anything to practice on so I had a look around and I have a 4 string P-body and neck that I will happily give to her but I'm missing the following bits to make the bass playable :

Nut
Pickups (Precision bass)
Bridge
Knobs+Jack socket
Pickguard
Strap Buttons

So I wanted to ask fellow basschatters if they have any of the above parts knocking about that they don't need and could donate to a good cause as I'm sure Vicky would apreciate it and she would finally have something to put her mind to rather than thinking about her recent issues.

I'm not going to ask for money as it's not needed, but if people would offer it I would rather it go to one of the mods who can then buy the parts and send them to me.

I normally wouldn't ask for this sort of thing if I had the money to buy those things but I'm struggling a bit myself at the moment so any help would be very greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Jack

[quote name='JackLondon' post='907206' date='Jul 27 2010, 03:34 PM']Hi Guys and Girls,

I have spoken with Ped about posting this and he has agreed to it so here it comes...

I have a friend Vicky who I consider my best friend and I love her to bits because of that. Unfortunately she recently has left her husband who pretty much took everything from her including all her bass gear and I just can't stand watching her not having anything to practice on so I had a look around and I have a 4 string P-body and neck that I will happily give to her but I'm missing the following bits to make the bass playable :

Nut
Pickups (Precision bass)
Bridge
Knobs+Jack socket
Pickguard
Strap Buttons

So I wanted to ask fellow basschatters if they have any of the above parts knocking about that they don't need and could donate to a good cause as I'm sure Vicky would apreciate it and she would finally have something to put her mind to rather than thinking about her recent issues.

I'm not going to ask for money as it's not needed, but if people would offer it I would rather it go to one of the mods who can then buy the parts and send them to me.

I normally wouldn't ask for this sort of thing if I had the money to buy those things but I'm struggling a bit myself at the moment so any help would be very greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Jack[/quote]

I got an emg p pickup for you. PM some details to me.

[quote name='gary mac' post='907278' date='Jul 27 2010, 04:31 PM']Haven't got any of the parts requested, but happy to donate a strap, lead or picks.[/quote]
PM me some details Jack, and a white pickguard is Vickys.

[quote name='Sarah5string' post='907303' date='Jul 27 2010, 04:49 PM']I haven't got any of the parts, but I have 2 sets of flatwound strings donated to me by bottomendian[/quote]
They're cut for a StingRay, though, so if it's a normal-style P neck (4-in-a-row tuners), the G won't reach. :)

Guys and Girls,

Thank you all very much, so far I have everything offered apart of a nut and it's truly amazing. Once I have everything ready and deliver the bass I will show Vicky this thread so she can see how great you are, I can pretty much guarantee she'll be crying from happiness and disbelief that so many people are willing to help. This is really great :)

Thank you all again
Jack

Straps locks, normal strap pins and a Levy's strap going in the post tomorrow.
Unfortunately i don't have the screws.

Also sending some Fender strings that i got on my CV Jazz last month, hardly used and will fit a P fine.

EDIT: Just found the Dunlop screws although one head is a bit damaged.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='Gareth Hughes' post='907312' date='Jul 27 2010, 04:55 PM']I have old strings a plenty lying around if they're any use. PM me if you want them. And fair play to you for being a good mate.[/quote]

+1

Could offer old strings but I'm afraid that's about it. You sound like a great friend to have in times of need.

I know its been said before but Basschat really can act as a community of lovely people. Well done all for your generosity.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='907544' date='Jul 27 2010, 08:18 PM']Straps locks, normal strap pins and a Levy's strap going in the post tomorrow.
Unfortunately i don't have the screws.

Also sending some Fender strings that i got on my CV Jazz last month, hardly used and will fit a P fine.

EDIT: Just found the Dunlop screws although one head is a bit damaged.[/quote]

Just posted the above, good luck.