Why become a member? ×

Bassist who needs help

JackLondon

I got the fisrt bits today so it's all goin well,

Paul if you have a nut it would be really appreciated as this is the only bit missing so far,

The build will be documented on here and I have a little plan on the headstock decal as well but this will be soon revealed, the plan for the body is a sort of blue/purple burst which are Vicky's favourite colours!

Cheers
Jack

[quote name='JackLondon' post='909776' date='Jul 29 2010, 11:42 PM']The build will be documented on here and I have a little plan on the headstock decal as well but this will be soon revealed, the plan for the body is a sort of blue/purple[/quote]

Wayne? A burst? What's going on?!

Wish I wasn't overseas with all my extra bass bits back in the UK, but I have to say Jack you sound like a really awesome mate to have around, she is lucky :)

Also seeing the way everyone comes together for stuff like this never fails to make me smile. :rolleyes:

I've got a Fender-badged gig bag which isn't the most padded thing you'll see and there's a short run of stitching gone on the binding (just cosmetic), but it's better protection than nothing and fits a pbass. PM details if you want it.

Edited by spinynorman

• 1 month later...

Just to re-ignite this thread again,

I received all of the parts and Wayne is sending me the body this week so once I have it with me I'll put the bass together and then do the official handover. Once again guys and girls, thank you very much for all your help with getting all the kit sorted out for Vicky, I think she doesn't believe in people anymore but all of us here on basschat are about to change that feeling.

Cheers
Jack

Vicky is sure lucky to have a mate like you Jack, good on ya!

I can't think of anything more for the bass build, but let me know if she's using pedals & needs a PSU, I'm happy to donate one for her.

Best wishes to Vicky,
Cheerz, John

[quote name='JackLondon' post='961451' date='Sep 19 2010, 07:22 PM']Just to re-ignite this thread again,

I received all of the parts and Wayne is sending me the body this week so once I have it with me I'll put the bass together and then do the official handover. Once again guys and girls, thank you very much for all your help with getting all the kit sorted out for Vicky, I think she doesn't believe in people anymore but all of us here on basschat are about to change that feeling.

Cheers
Jack[/quote]

Indeed I will, the paint is still a little tacky, it is hung up at the moment so it should be good to go in the next few days.

excellent work from a lot of guys, well done.

I don't have anything that would be of much use bar a couple of JBL 15" that might need a home, but they are so old I couldn't really vouch for them and they need housing anyway.

But..if she needs a gig bag, I'll order a Warwick for her from GAK, just let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

TBH guys this has been a f***er, I have ploughed a lot of time and money in to it trying designs but the body has so many little pits and what have you it's nearly impossible so in the end I went for a little ode to Gaf's MIJ Jazz, it's much more purple than in the pic.

It's not my best work if I'm honest but it's as far as I can get with this body.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='971145' date='Sep 28 2010, 08:52 PM']Nice Homage d'gafbass02 wayne! Sucks about the finish but if the girl doesn't have a bass than it's a hell of a lot better than nothing. Did you end up using any of my "goodie bag" of bits anyway? wouldn't be surprised if you didn't lolz :)[/quote]

Down to Jack to put it together now so he may use your stuff.

It's not a terrible finish just not as good I'd have hoped.