Why become a member? ×

Want Lady Gaga gig?

Faithless

Apparently the musician's union are trying to force people who mime to have that on tickets and adverts so people know what they are getting.

Surely if the gaga gig is mimed then they could just have got a hold of a few pretty boys (or girls) to mime instead of actual musicians - Why didn't they just get the girls from the Robert Palmer video?

I don't see the point of hiring real musicians to mime - even if there was a dvd at the end of it, most producers cannot line up what a mucisian is playing to what you can hear so they could be pretending to play anything.

I find it really odd when people insist that an artist has no talent.....clearly she does, singing, entertaining, succeeding in the music industry is a talent in itself. Ok so you don't have to like her.....but when an artist can be seen at a piano, singing a song very much in tune, that they've written themselves....for the BBC....don't say they're not talented.
It's just not your bag :)

Si

[quote name='Delberthot' post='719772' date='Jan 21 2010, 09:44 AM']Apparently the musician's union are trying to force people who mime to have that on tickets and adverts so people know what they are getting.

Surely if the gaga gig is mimed then they could just have got a hold of a few pretty boys (or girls) to mime instead of actual musicians - Why didn't they just get the girls from the Robert Palmer video?

I don't see the point of hiring real musicians to mime - even if there was a dvd at the end of it, most producers cannot line up what a mucisian is playing to what you can hear so they could be pretending to play anything.[/quote]

+1 for that.

And, to add, It's sad for me, (if it's true, what the man in post said..) that even NYC cats are going for such a crap (music-wise) gig..
But that's just another proof of J Gwizdala's words, that, in NYC, it's not the music, that is major factor (though, it always was), but it's money, that's [i]is becoming[/i] a such thing..

Sad, once more..

[quote name='Faithless' post='719899' date='Jan 21 2010, 10:43 AM']....And, to add, It's sad for me, (if it's true, what the man in post said..) that even NYC cats are going for such a crap (music-wise) gig..
But that's just another proof of J Gwizdala's words, that, in NYC, it's not the music, that is major factor (though, it always was), but it's money, that's [i]is becoming[/i] a such thing....[/quote]
The Funk Brothers considered most of their Motown work to be "a job". I don’t think semi pro players within the comfort of their 9 to 5 jobs and monthly salaries should be slagging off professional musicians for the choices they make. If you are a professional musician you need good paying gigs and some "names" on your CV. In that case, a Lady Gaga gig is a very good thing to do.

I would take that gig any day, and I doubt very much that I'd be miming. That's just BS and gossip that goes around in situations like that.

Even Dizzie Rascall had a live bass player on Later

As above you need a CV and to pay your rent even if that means playing stuff you don't necessarily love.

[quote name='Faithless' post='719899' date='Jan 21 2010, 10:43 AM']And, to add, It's sad for me, (if it's true, what the man in post said..) that even NYC cats are going for such a crap (music-wise) gig..
But that's just another proof of J Gwizdala's words, that, in NYC, it's not the music, that is major factor (though, it always was), but it's money, that's [i]is becoming[/i] a such thing..[/quote]

Last time I was talking to Janek he was telling me about the current pop tour he's doing where he is the MD,and that
on order of the artists management,he was not allowed to audition anyone over the age of 25.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='719499' date='Jan 20 2010, 08:01 PM']I'd really like to have The Saturdays gig tbh:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/thesaturdaysofficial?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/5/iyIL5pNBMyA"]http://www.youtube.com/user/thesaturdaysof...u/5/iyIL5pNBMyA[/url]

I was very interested in ther recent live video which was basically them in awesome underwear. Even the bass players equipment did NOT distract me.

That gig has to be perfect![/quote]
I happen to know the bassist and the keyboard who got that gig recently. Lucky fellas!

[quote name='Doddy' post='720071' date='Jan 21 2010, 03:22 PM']Last time I was talking to Janek he was telling me about the current pop tour he's doing where he is the MD,and that
on order of the artists management,he was not allowed to audition anyone over the age of 25.[/quote]

Well, age issues are well known in all that pop/RnB scene. If I understand correctly, age there has a lot of to do with your looks.

I also remember Janek saying, that, if you hook up with the right crowd of people in that scene, you can tour all that RnB thing, [i]as long as you look young n good[/i]. Outdated ones just go away :)

Edited by Faithless

[quote name='MythSte' post='719716' date='Jan 21 2010, 12:33 AM']I'd risk it.[/quote]

+1

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='719788' date='Jan 21 2010, 08:35 AM']as for the Saturdays gig, that would be amazing. I'd hop for that to be a mimed gig as i'd surely fudge up watching Frankie's bottom wiggle around the stage.

Gaga is sexy, but she isn't that good looking...

Hmm, music, anyone?[/quote]

Agreed, she is certainly attractive but not in a stunning pretty way, just hot.

Anyways, back on topic, I'd love to play any massive gig like this, no matter who it is!

[quote name='Sibob' post='719713' date='Jan 21 2010, 12:30 AM']+1

Yeah, say what you want, but she's good at what she does!
And I actually have a lot of time for her

[/quote]

personally, i much prefer pixie lotts acoustic version of pokerface. i think pokerface is such a fantastic song, i really like it in its original pop form, i really like you me at six's pop-punk version, i think both lady gaga's acoustic version and pixie lotts acoustic version is excellent. i think its one of those songs, that no matter how you play it, its always going to be a good song really, and not a lot of songs sound good like that. one thing my dad always says as a very general rule is that if you can play the song with just an acoustic guitar and a singer and it sounds good, it tends to be a good song. i think pixie lott has proved that with poker face!

Edited by Tait

Poker Face is probably one of the most addictave pop songs I've ever heard. It's worse than crack.

P-p-p-poker face p-p-p-poker face mo mo mo mo p-p-p-poker face p-p-p-poker face mo mo mo mo p-p-p-poker face p-p-p-poker face mo mo mo mo p-p-p-poker face p-p-p-poker face mo mo mo mo p-p-p-poker face p-p-p-poker face mo mo mo mo p-p-p-poker face p-p-p-poker face mo mo mo mo p-p-p-poker face p-p-p-poker face mo mo mo mo p-p-p-poker face p-p-p-poker face mo mo mo mo p-p-p-poker face p-p-p-poker face mo mo mo mo p-p-p-poker face p-p-p-poker face mo mo mo mo p-p-p-poker face p-p-p-poker face mo mo mo mo.

Etc etc.

*Edit, I should add, even though it's worse than crack, I LOVE IT.

Edited by Wil