Why become a member? ×

London region bash 2010

essexbasscat

[quote name='molan' post='865932' date='Jun 13 2010, 01:51 PM']Bloodaxe was a comic figure in the Spawn series - loosely based on Eric the Bloodaxe a Norse viking character (or something along those lines, lol).

I think also in other comics like Marvel's Thor etc[/quote]

Ah, different frame of reference there - see where you've strayed.

I chose it out of a perceived affinity with an unlikely pair of characters in Robert Rankin's very silly 'Armageddon' trilogy, Rambo Bloodaxe & Deathblade Eric, who are the sole survivors of the very polite, well spoken, nattily dressed psychotic cannibalistic Devianti. If you've not read them I'd recommend a perusal - how many post-apocalyptic sci-fi tales feature alien vegetable intelligence, a time-travelling Elvis [i]and[/i] a talking Brussels Sprout [i]as well as[/i] a lantern-jawed hero that thwarts the bad guys & gets the girl (who, of course, happens to be Jesus' twin sister), Eh?

Not enough, that's how many.

P.

I'm hoping to come long on the day, I really enjoyed last year's SE bash.

I have a Squier Strat [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=83403&hl=squier+strat"]here in the for sale section[/url] that I will bring along to 'auction'. If I set a reserve for £75, which is what I'll take, then anything it fetches above that can go to Basschat funds.

[attachment=52137:STRAT1.jpg]

Edit - hold on... I may have just sold it!!

Edited by Paul S

[quote name='Bloodaxe' post='865895' date='Jun 13 2010, 12:58 PM'][b]I.D.[/b] Previous bashes have gone with a sign-in sheet & sticky labels with all writing on - seems to work.[/quote]
I quite like this idea - worked for the SE Bass Bash last year (in fact I still have the sticker on my trolley - kinda like an 'I was there' thing)

[quote name='Paul S' post='866201' date='Jun 13 2010, 05:39 PM']Edit - hold on... I may have just sold it!![/quote]

Well, would you believe it - this guitar has been sat in the for sale section for weeks and, as soon as I have posted this, someone has bought it. I have drawn a happy medium though, whilst feeling altruistic, and asked for £100 for the guitar plus whatever donation the purchaser wants to make to the Basschat pot.

Still look forward to coming, anyway.

Food wise, we could always send out for pizza, chinese, indian, whatever people would like on the day? We can find telephone numbers / websites via smartphones so getting a delivery shouldn't be too difficult.

If anyone wants to save money or do their own thing they can bring a pack lunch. Watching me tucking into a trough of food usually makes other people lose their appetite anyway.

Security wise, if we only have one door unlocked to the meeting area and set up the gear well away from the door so passers by can't just stick their head round and pinch something.

Maybe have name labels for people who are confirmed, then if we all just keep an eye out for interlopers I would of thought that'd be OK. If we made someone responsible for security and something still went missing it'd really spoil their day.

Maybe have a password that someone posts in a non-public members only part of this forum the day before?

The school hall is set well away from the street - someone would have to walk across the car park / playground, go through the front entrance into a foyer area and then into the hall itself.

Can keep just one entrance to the hall open (from the foyer) - highly unlikely to get any people just passing by :)

[quote name='molan' post='866975' date='Jun 14 2010, 01:01 PM']Can keep just one entrance to the hall open (from the foyer) - highly unlikely to get any people just passing by :)[/quote]

If we have a "choke point" like that then it should be fairly easy to scrutinise everyone going in and out. I think the idea of name badges with both sitename and real name is good, both from a security and a getting-to-know-you perspective!

Assuming we DO have a choke point, I have another idea (which I won't broadcast for obvious reasons) for a further layer (or two) of security. So long as we realise that at the end of the day people are bringing stuff at their own risk, I think we can neverthess provide a pretty decent level of security quite simply (just depends how intrusive people want it to be).

Has anyone actually HAD anything pinched from a bassday? Or are we being a bit paranoid?

Can I also put in another plug for raffle prize donations... pleeeeease :rolleyes:

[quote name='Netballman' post='867006' date='Jun 14 2010, 01:37 PM']I think the idea of name badges with both sitename and real name is good, both from a security and a getting-to-know-you perspective![/quote]
In hand.

[quote name='Netballman' post='867006' date='Jun 14 2010, 01:37 PM']Has anyone actually HAD anything pinched from a bassday? Or are we being a bit paranoid?[/quote]
Not aware of any incidents, but it is traditional that someone leaves something behind - tuners are popular, a 3-way Hercules stand at one!

P.

[quote name='Bloodaxe' post='867103' date='Jun 14 2010, 03:25 PM']Not aware of any incidents, but it is traditional that someone leaves something behind - tuners are popular, a 3-way Hercules stand at one![/quote]
Ah well if people just FORGET stuff, then surely...

.... it deserves to be raffled off? :) :rolleyes: :lol:

May be bringing a friend with me, alas he's not any friend. He's a fantastic bassist, in-fact he makes me look like I'm a little kid playing bass. He's played with amazing people around Europe. He also has some amazing gear so again would make my gear look crap. :)

[quote name='TomKent' post='868652' date='Jun 16 2010, 01:16 AM']May be bringing a friend with me, alas he's not any friend. He's a fantastic bassist, in-fact he makes me look like I'm a little kid playing bass. He's played with amazing people around Europe. He also has some amazing gear so again would make my gear look crap. :)[/quote]

Cool - can you tell us who it is (yet)?

Would it be worth putting up a summary post that tells us timing, venue, events planned and (like last year's SE BassBash) a list of those attending and what gear they are bringing (which can be updated individually as and when people decide whether or not they are coming)? TBH there's 15 pages of this thread and it would be easy to miss important info. Thanks

Edit: I am not yet sure if I can make it (I would like to do so as I could hand over the lefty short-scale SX bass to a teacher mate of Tino's). If I do make it, I will probably bring along my Nash Jazz and Walkabout combo.

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='urb' post='869900' date='Jun 17 2010, 02:12 PM']Cool - can you tell us who it is (yet)?[/quote]

As he's not confirmed, I shan't mention his name yet. On a side note, I may now not be attending. I have VERY little money left.. my own fault entirely.

I forgot all about this bash - will try and make it down! Should be able to bring some gear down too, my trusty P-Bass, Orange Terror and pedals.

If anyone feels they might be interested in buying an Orange SP210 cab, Barge VB-Jr blender or Chicago Iron Parachute wah, let me know and I'll bring them down and you can try them out!

Does anybody have an Ashdown Little Bastard they could bring along?

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='Clarky' post='869943' date='Jun 17 2010, 03:07 PM']Would it be worth putting up a summary post that tells us timing, venue, events planned and (like last year's SE BassBash) a list of those attending and what gear they are bringing (which can be updated individually as and when people decide whether or not they are coming)? TBH there's 15 pages of this thread and it would be easy to miss important info. Thanks

Edit: I am not yet sure if I can make it (I would like to do so as I could hand over the lefty short-scale SX bass to a teacher mate of Tino's). If I do make it, I will probably bring along my Nash Jazz and Walkabout combo.[/quote]
That would be helpful. Hoping to make it, but a long late gig the night before - still at least the car will be ready to load.

If coming will have
[list]
[*]2 x G&L L2500 US (fretted & fretless)
[*]Wal Pro1/Custom
[*]Markbass CMD121H combo
[*]Epifani 1x12 extension cab
[*]EBS Microbass 2/ and possibly
[*]ancient Marshall Superbass 100
[/list]

Mind you if I manage to talk Nik into a jaunt all that may get rethought as it pretty much fills the car now

I think this bash could really do with some more promotion, I've spoken to a couple of London BC'ers already that didn't know anything about it!

Everyone coming put a link in your signature so that all your posts across all threads will display a link to it! If you reply to this post you'll see the code you need to paste into your sig. Hope this is OK by you organisers, let me know if you want me to take it down for any reason!

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=72161"][/url]

Edited by dannybuoy

Potentially I'd like to come, and I dont live too far away. However I havent seen my girlfriend in a couple of weeks so I think I might have to see her (or convince her to come along).

If coming, I shall bring:

Late 80s MIJ Fender P-bass with added J-pup
Markbass LMII
Zoot 210
Zoot 115

SFX X&M pedal crossover
Colorsound Bass Fuzz
Blackout Effectors Musket V2
Boss RE-20 Space Echo
EHX Pog II
OLC Flipster
Ampeg Sub Blaster
Crowther Prunes & Custard

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='777404' date='Mar 17 2010, 03:01 PM']£30.00 / hr x 8 hrs = £240.00

That's £10.00 head for 24 people. What's the general opinion folks ??

It's up to you B.C. - let's hear your thoughts on this one please.

T

:)[/quote]

Errm,

FOR THE BENEFIT OF EVERYONE THAT HAS NOT FOLLOWED THIS EVENT ON THREAD

Not sure if you all remember that there is an entry fee for this event to cover the cost of the hall hire for the day

It's £10.00 per person, based on a calculation of 30 people coming. If more people come, there should be funds left over. If everyone signs in with a name and address, any surplus will be divided equally and refunded by cheque.

Any personal information gained in this way will be destroyed after the business for the day has been completed. This information will be limited to being shared between organisers on a need -to- know basis. PRIVACY WILL BE RESPECTED.

EDIT;

In keeping with a later posting - any surplus can be donated to charity or carried over to the 2011 London bash. Your address will only be necessary if you express a desire for a refund.

REMEMBER. IT'S £10.00 EACH !!!!!!!

thank you

T

Edited by essexbasscat