Why become a member? ×

London region bash 2010

essexbasscat

Looks like USA's 91st minute goal means we are now clashing with England's next match - not only that but we've got Germany again!

Kick off time is 15:00. . .

I have to take some blame for this as I didn't look beyond the first round of games :)

I've asked if there's any options to set up a TV in the hall.

Edited by molan

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='874901' date='Jun 22 2010, 10:25 PM']Hi folks

I'm in touch with someone that can do food for the day, such as salad, pasta, cold chicken, ribs etc for a reasonable price per meal on the day. I don't have exact prices at the moment, but it won't be expensive.

What does everyone think ? would you like food available on the day or are you bringing your own ?

Cheers

T[/quote]
I'll most likely be self-catering, but if Vera is up for doing a Buffet I may be tempted.

[quote name='molan' post='875739' date='Jun 23 2010, 07:12 PM']Looks like USA's 91st minute goal means we are now clashing with England's next match - not only that but we've got Germany again![/quote]
Stuff that! It clashes with the Cricket too! England v Australia at Old Trafford - 10:30 start. Anyone bringing a radio?

P.

Edited by Bloodaxe

If anyone is interested I'd be up for going over compressors vs limiters, what they do, how they work when and why they would normally be used etc etc.

I'd prefer to have a few guinea pigs willing to be plugged in to my rig so we can attempt to show what different compression ratios and bits and bobs can do to the sound of different basses and playing styles (its all a bit tricky to do whilst playing all the examples).

Maybe if we could have a pick player, a slapper and a fingerstyle person, or one and the same person for all styles if anyone feels like being Captain Limelight :)

If you guys are all clued up on compressors etc then I wont waste anyones time, just a thought after seeing some of the stuff in recent and not so recent threads on compressors and limiters.

A white board would really help (assuming there were some dry markers to go with)!

[quote name='51m0n' post='876147' date='Jun 24 2010, 09:18 AM']If anyone is interested I'd be up for going over compressors vs limiters, what they do, how they work when and why they would normally be used etc etc.

I'd prefer to have a few guinea pigs willing to be plugged in to my rig so we can attempt to show what different compression ratios and bits and bobs can do to the sound of different basses and playing styles (its all a bit tricky to do whilst playing all the examples).

Maybe if we could have a pick player, a slapper and a fingerstyle person, or one and the same person for all styles if anyone feels like being Captain Limelight :)

If you guys are all clued up on compressors etc then I wont waste anyones time, just a thought after seeing some of the stuff in recent and not so recent threads on compressors and limiters.

A white board would really help (assuming there were some dry markers to go with)![/quote]

That would be really interesting.

I've managed to rearrange things so I'll be there for a few hours from the start. I'll bring the Warwicks.

I won't be bringing the POD X3 LIVE but if anyone's thinking of taking the plunge with one of these and want to know the pros and cons, how they work and how to use them in the studio and on stage, find me and I'll be more than happy to talk :)

Looking forward!

[quote name='silddx' post='876159' date='Jun 24 2010, 09:27 AM']I've managed to rearrange things so I'll be there for a few hours from the start. I'll bring the Warwicks.

I won't be bringing the POD X3 LIVE but if anyone's thinking of taking the plunge with one of these and want to know the pros and cons, how they work and how to use them in the studio and on stage, find me and I'll be more than happy to talk :)

Looking forward![/quote]

Great news.

[quote name='silddx' post='876159' date='Jun 24 2010, 09:27 AM']I've managed to rearrange things so I'll be there for a few hours from the start. I'll bring the Warwicks.

Looking forward![/quote]
Great stuff Nigel. Be good to catch up again.

See ya there!

Ian

PS BTW very happy with the SansAmp - it'll be coming with me on Sunday as part of my bass rig o' doom!!

PPS Couldn't give a monkeys' right testicle about the Footie, Wimbledon, cricket, Grand Prix or any other sporting event - I'm coming to play bass and chat with BC'ers :rolleyes:

Edited by Bottle

[quote name='Bloodaxe' post='876069' date='Jun 24 2010, 02:59 AM']I'll most likely be self-catering, but if Vera is up for doing a Buffet I may be tempted.

Stuff that! It clashes with the Cricket too! England v Australia at Old Trafford - 10:30 start. Anyone bringing a radio?

P.[/quote]

Never mind the footy and the cricket, what about the Valencia Grand Prix?!

[quote name='Dusty' post='875747' date='Jun 23 2010, 07:22 PM']Is any one taking a Status Series 2, headless 5 along ?[/quote]

Hoping to bring a headed S2 classic 5 string, they sound very similar but the scale length is a bit longer 35" instead of 34" if that's any help?

Looking forward![/quote]

Top man !

T

[quote name='Fat Rich' post='876166' date='Jun 24 2010, 09:36 AM']Never mind the footy and the cricket, what about the [b]Valencia Grand Prix[/b]?![/quote]

Oh S**T!!!

:)

Still going to come along, but.....

Edited by 51m0n

[quote name='51m0n' post='876257' date='Jun 24 2010, 11:50 AM']Oh S**T!!!

:)

Still going to come along, but.....[/quote]

Aye but by potentially missing the match you save yourself all the heart ache and agony... and if they can't win this game then stuff em - I've spent (i.e. wasted) enough time and energy on our team over the years to let this one go - it's the game AFTER this one that will be the killer - if they get that far.

My thoughts on the subject anyway - looking forward to meeting you guys - I hope to be there by 12noon ish

Cheers

Mike

[quote name='urb' post='876290' date='Jun 24 2010, 12:17 PM']Aye but by potentially missing the match you save yourself all the heart ache and agony... and if they can't win this game then stuff em - I've spent (i.e. wasted) enough time and energy on our team over the years to let this one go - it's the game AFTER this one that will be the killer - if they get that far.

My thoughts on the subject anyway - looking forward to meeting you guys - I hope to be there by 12noon ish

Cheers

Mike[/quote]

I meant the Grand Prix mate, football is for overpaimumblemumblerantrant..... :)

Bernie Goodfellow has volunteered to do a workshop on bass guitar set- ups and truss rods on the day, along with some Q + A. This is scheduled for 12.45 - 13.45

He has also volunteered to set up some basses on the day if you bring them along. No charge for workmanship :) :rolleyes:

Where else would you get something like this ?

Ar'nt basssist's wonderful people ?

T

aah! and if i do come i shall be bringing an american jazz and my electro acoustic fretless crafter. im looking to sell this so if anyone wants to come down and try it out please drop me a pm so we can arrange to meet up!

Edited by Currrls

[quote name='Currrls' post='876736' date='Jun 24 2010, 07:06 PM']YES! thank god i decided to look on basschat. i live about 10 minutes away from this. i should definitely be there, possibly with a mate or two. exciting. i can finally go to a bash[/quote]

Glad to have you along :) look forward to meeting you there

Almost there ! (at last) :rolleyes:

T

Hi everyone - some exciting news I think :)

I've managed to get a bit of a 'coup' from Phil Nixon who's in the process of setting up his new BassGear business. Two of his new distrubution deals are with Alleva Coppolo and Bag End. Phil can't make it himself on Sunday but he's going to drop off a pair of ex NAMM Alleva Coppolo basses plus some Bag End cabs for people to demo on Sunday.

I've known him for a while & his dad lives near me so Phil was able to drop these down for me to collect and bring on Sunday.

I'll bring my two as well so we'll have 4 in total - I'm not sure there's ever been so many on display in the UK at one time!

The four will be:

My two
1 x LTD4, J shaped body, trans cherry finish, composite rosewood board with Aguilar pre-amp & pickups. Built for Aggie to demonstrate their electronics at Winter NAMM this year.

1 x Signature 4 - the ex Willie Weeks bass with a P bass body & J pickups plus Jimmy's J pre amp. This one has been around the world with Willie on tour with Eric Clapton

Phil's NAMM pair
1 X KPB4 Classic Supreme - originally built for Chuck Rainey (who's now ordered the same basic spec but in a 5 string) in spalted cherry maple with brazilian rosewood board

1 x Ltd Edition LG5 in walnut with a walnut neck, skunk stripe & passive pre. Very rare ltd bass built as part of pair to show how Jimmy would build one of these basses with a solid walnut finish.

I've tried to attach some pics below - apologies they are of different sizes and shapes - not enough time to re-size them all properly. There's also a pdf from Jimmy about the walnut basses (unfortunately I can't bring both so asked to use the 5 string as all the others are 4's).

Phil has also bought some new Bag End cabs down & I'll try to fit in as many as I can. Hopefully 1x15, 1x12 & 1x10.

May mean I can't bring some of my own stuff that I was planning to bring but thought this was a great opportunity to show some of these amazing basses all in one place!

Edited by molan

[quote name='TomKent' post='876509' date='Jun 24 2010, 03:30 PM']My partner and I have decided to split up so unfortunately I won't be able to attend this one. I hope to attend another though![/quote]
I hope you mean your keeping the bass