Why become a member? ×

London region bash 2010

essexbasscat

Advance warning of schedule here. I intend to post a vote on venue choice by first week in April, perhaps second week latest, which is only 3-4 weeks away.

This will give folk a further 5 - 6 weeks until early June to arrange their own schedules.

I will change this schedule if someone comes up with a good reason. Otherwise, I'd like to get target dates up to move this thing along.

Jack London - would you please enquire the in / outs of that wood street venue ?

cheers everyone

T

:)

Saturdays work best for me - I'm normally playing or PA-ing Sundays at my local church.

But if given plenty of notice I can usually swap on the rota. I have a weekend event at the end of April, but apart from that, don't have anything else planned for May or June, so should be able to pop along

Good stuff!!

Ian

[quote name='molan' post='776076' date='Mar 16 2010, 10:56 AM']Opening bid from the school for hiring the main hall with a caretaker on hand is about £30 an hour.

Sounds a bit steep to me?[/quote]

£30.00 / hr x 8 hrs = £240.00

That's £10.00 head for 24 people. What's the general opinion folks ??

It's up to you B.C. - let's hear your thoughts on this one please.

T

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='777404' date='Mar 17 2010, 02:01 PM']That's £10.00 head for 24 people. What's the general opinion folks ??[/quote]

I wonder if we're actually underestimating the number of people who might turn up? Seems to me there should be many in London who might be interested, but who might well not either (a) be aware or (:) decide until we have a ddefinite time and place?

That said of course we have to know how we're going to cover any cost - or possible shortfall should there be one!

I still reckon though if nearly 100 turned out for the SE do, we ought to very easily get far more than 20!

[quote name='Netballman' post='777454' date='Mar 17 2010, 02:40 PM']I wonder if we're actually underestimating the number of people who might turn up? Seems to me there should be many in London who might be interested, but who might well not either (a) be aware or (:) decide until we have a ddefinite time and place?

That said of course we have to know how we're going to cover any cost - or possible shortfall should there be one!

I still reckon though if nearly 100 turned out for the SE do, we ought to very easily get far more than 20![/quote]

I'll be along!

Ok folks

The topic of venue cost has been raised, so I've put a vote table at the top of the page. Please indicate if you are prepared to pay or not by voting accordingly. This way, we will all be able to see if the venue cost can be covered, in theory.

We've got to decide these things to make this happen folks. In this place, your votes really do count, so vote vote vote.

It's your bash B.C., so let's hear from you.

T

By the way, just so everyone knows where the end of this voting lark is - once the BIG decisions have been made, the voting will stop and I'll drop into another gear.

Just in case anyone was wondering........

Look for the, bare necessities, the simple bare necessities ....

T

The vote is in and it's .........

Sat = 7 votes (24.14%)

Sun = 11 votes (37.93%)

Both = 11 votes (37.92%)

So, we could say that either sat or sun wins, but as more people went for sun by itself, can we agree to choose Sunday ?

No doubt someone can come up with a very convincing reason for saturday, but in the interests of moving this project along, it may be best to just go for one. ok ?

cheers

T

[quote name='Jerry_B' post='782091' date='Mar 21 2010, 08:45 PM']Surely a Sunday meet excludes going down the pub in the evening, seeing as there's work the next day...?[/quote]

... Eh...? :)

Sunday it is - democracy has spoken, time for DECISIVENESS. I used to be indecisive... but now I'm not so sure :rolleyes:

Edited by Netballman

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='774622' date='Mar 14 2010, 07:58 PM']I'm gathering a list of current contenders for venues. If I've missed something out, please add it or PM me and I'll edit. In no particular order:

- Friern Barnet (posted by molan)

- Creekside studios (posted by bloodaxe)

- Wood Green (Posted by jacklondon)

I'm looking into this some more when I have a mo

Cheers

T

:)[/quote]

The last item on the voting agenda is the venue. Can everyone that has suggested a venue please gather as much info as possible ? the time for the final decisions is approaching fast !!!!

I'll send out a few PM's in case this thread isn't looked at by the folk involved.

Anyone that would like to add venue suggestions, can you please post them soon

Cheers

T

:rolleyes:

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='698799' date='Jan 2 2010, 04:21 PM'][b]Well, it's 2010 and time for basschat's first planned London bash of the year. So far:[/b]

Would you please suggest a venue. Thank you.

Date: A date to be decided in June, either 6th, 13th, 20th or 27th
Time: To be confirmed
Venue:To be confirmed
Format, Venue link and Map under discussion

It's basic at this point, but here's a list that people can add their name to, in the interest of at least having a numbers count and quick reference point.

01. Essexbasscat

02. Lonestar. Fender 4string Jazz Pervy TL5 Markbass2x10 (not very exciting but they're all I have!)

03. molan - Celinder J4 Update, Zon VB4, Spector NS5XL, Epifani Ul510, Bergantio AE1x12's, who knows what else. . .

04. Jerry_B - Peavey T - 40

05. michael-faces - Probably just a Warrior Soldier bass

06. JackLondon - Simnett MK6 (Should have this month), Ibanez BTB556MP, Ibanez SR305 Fretless, GK 1001RBII, Barefaced Compact, Boss GT 10-B, £X, 40 cigarettes,

07. Stingray5 - Selected basses in my sig pic (Music Man, Tune, Fender, Westone); Trace Elliot GP12 SMX rig (depending on venue); Boss GT-6B; donuts...

08. Paul S - Fender Jaguar, Trace Elliot rig.

09. Waynepunkdude: Fender Jazz, SX P-Bass, 75 JAzz RI Clone, Ampeg SVT5 Pro, Ashdown ABM 4X10, Mag 1X15.

10. MacDaddy. Custom Shuker, Custom Iceni Zoot &/or Hamer Blaze (depending on transport).

11. Thunderbird 13 - Cort CQ4 Zoom B2.1u maybe an Epiphone Thunderbird if anyone is interested

12. JayGarrett (depending on date) - TC Electronic RH450, RS210, and RC4 and one of these if needed as I'll be travelling by tube: Yamaha Attitude Limited, Schecter Diamond Custom 5 or Italia Modulo or even the Mex Jazz fretless.

13. Bloodaxe - Aria SB-1000 Fretless, SB-900, Ashdown Superfly, Epifani UL-110

14. ped - Vigier fretless and fretted passion basses, beer tokens and navel fluff

15. mazathemonster - 4 string westfiled P bass

16. silddx - Prolly Pat Wilkins Active Jazz, Warwick Corvette STD Ash Fretless IV, Steinberger Spirit Double Neck Bass/Guitar.

17. netballman

18. Bankai - Shine Extreme Series 845

19. hengushrh
20. Beastie gb 4 string spitfire ebs session 60 + ebs fx pedals

I've just put down this many for now to get things going. It's by no means any kind of statement about intended numbers.

I havn't added the names of anyone that has stated an intention to come. I avoided this as I didn't want to act on anyone's behalf without their permission. Please feel free to add your own name. You're also welcome to leave a description of any gear you may be bringing along for the day.

Current venue contenters

Wood Green

Creekside

Friern Barnet

All practical ideas and suggestions welcome !!!

Nothing's set in stone yet, so please don't panic or get out of shape if something isn't to your liking.

Look forward to seeing you all on the day (whenever that is!!!)

T

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='785500' date='Mar 25 2010, 08:54 AM']Hiya Beastie

Looking forward to seeing you and that Spitfire. The comments from the Yorkshire bash has fired me up for this one, it's going to be good to put some faces to the names around here.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the day

T

Looking forward to meeting you and all the others as well need any help
Gary