Why become a member? ×

London region bash 2010

essexbasscat

[quote name='pete.young' post='731142' date='Jan 31 2010, 10:16 PM']Enfield/Barnet? Was hoping for something a bit more, well, London.[/quote]
When I lived there Pete, Enfield & Barnet were very much 'London', albeit a bit suburban.. Perhaps we should see if Her Majesty will hire out a room in Buck Palace for an afternoon? :)

[quote name='Jerry_B' post='704443' date='Jan 7 2010, 05:04 PM']Don't worry about that - it'll be a laugh. I've been playing bass for yonks but I don't have anything fancy in my repetoire - I prefer the opposite in fact :)[/quote]

I can cope with a laugh, so long as nobody expects me to play anything more complex than three blind mice all will be well...

[quote name='JackLondon' post='733063' date='Feb 2 2010, 03:46 PM']Will you bring your Berg ? :)[/quote]

If I can come along I'll be bringing my Berg.

If he's not snowed with something else I'm pretty sure Plux would like to come along too, and he'll be bringing his Bergs too in that case (HT115 and HT210 stack)

So yes, there would be Bergantino aplenty in that case :rolleyes:

I'd be well up for a bash in North London (or London in general...)
I lived in Enfield until last summer and know of a couple of places that might be do-able (small studios/rehearsal places) and might let us have it for a reasonable rate.

If I can help with any organising then just let me know, I still visit Enfield every week so can easily pop in somewhere if needed? :) (and I'm only in Finsbury Park now so its not a million miles away!)

I'd really like to see this happen, if there's anything I can do to help please let me know, I'd like it if someone could suggest and or find a venue - about time we got a London one sorted, I might be able to pursuade the chaps from the Gallery to get involved... M

[quote name='urb' post='743543' date='Feb 12 2010, 10:09 PM']I'd really like to see this happen, if there's anything I can do to help please let me know, I'd like it if someone could suggest and or find a venue - about time we got a London one sorted, I might be able to pursuade the chaps from the Gallery to get involved... M[/quote]

pm'd you

stuff is going on off thread on this so don't lose hope

T

:)

Hi Guys,

Ive emailed afew places in the camden area, just waiting for a reply. This place looks good!

[url="http://www.cleanbreak.org.uk/pages/hire.htm"]http://www.cleanbreak.org.uk/pages/hire.htm[/url]

[url="http://www.camden.gov.uk/ccm/content/contacts/non-council-contacts/contacts-for-halls-for-hire-in-nw5.en"]http://www.camden.gov.uk/ccm/content/conta...-hire-in-nw5.en[/url]

We should be able to find a hall from one of the above. Costs if good would need to be split between us all, how many of us are likely to attend.

Cheers,

Robbie.

01. Essexbasscat
02. Lonestar. Fender 4string Jazz Pervy TL5 Markbass2x10 (not very exciting but they're all I have!)
03. molan - Celinder J4 Update, Zon VB4, Spector NS5XL, Epifani Ul510, Bergantio AE1x12's, who knows what else. . .
04. Jerry_B - Westone Spectrum DX (unless I acquire something I like better before the meet).
05. michael-faces - Probably just a Warrior Soldier bass
06. JackLondon - Simnett MK6 (Should have this month), Ibanez BTB556MP, Ibanez SR305 Fretless, GK 1001RBII, Barefaced Compact, Boss GT 10-B, £X, 40 cigarettes,
07. Stingray5 - Selected basses in my sig pic (Music Man, Tune, Fender, Westone); Trace Elliot GP12 SMX rig (depending on venue); Boss GT-6B; donuts...
08. Paul S - Fender Jaguar, Trace Elliot rig.
09.Waynepunkdude: Fender Jazz, SX P-Bass, 75 JAzz RI Clone, Ampeg SVT5 Pro, Ashdown ABM 4X10, Mag 1X15.
10. MacDaddy. Custom Shuker, Custom Iceni Zoot &/or Hamer Blaze (depending on transport).
11.Thunderbird 13 - Cort CQ4 Zoom B2.1u maybe an Epiphone Thunderbird if anyone is interested
12.JayGarrett (depending on date) - TC Electronic RH450, RS210, and RC4 and one of these if needed as I'll be travelling by tube: Yamaha Attitude Limited, Schecter Diamond Custom 5 or Italia Modulo or even the Mex Jazz fretless.
13. Bloodaxe - Aria SB-1000 Fretless, SB-900, Ashdown Superfly, Epifani UL-110
14. ped - Vigier fretless and fretted passion basses, beer tokens and navel fluff
15. silddx - Prolly Pat Wilkins Active Jazz, Warwick Corvette STD Ash Fretless IV, Steinberger Spirit Double Neck Bass/Guitar.
16. Bankai - Shine Extreme Series 845

I'll be coming on the tube so that rules out bringing anymore than one bass :)

You mentioned before about finding a drummer etc. to do stuff. I play drums as my main instrument (started in '99) and would be up for that.

Hi folks

Would you please vote for the month that would suit you best for this event.

I could have done this a while ago, but got distracted with other issues TBH.

For now, I'm would like to get this event off the ground and suggest to everyone that for this year, we adopt the 'keep it simple option' suggested by some good people here.
The general consensus seems to be just one or two rooms for this year. Is that ok for now everyone ?

I began a while ago with the idea of organising an event that would suit the majority of people, with the aid of some excellent feedback from previous events. This kind of thing, while well intentioned, has proved to be too complex to organise in the very short term and is perhaps better organised over a longer time period.

For anyone that has got fed up, felt ignored at all or in other ways felt dissappointed with the things so far on this project, please accept my apologies. I hope this all works out soon

T

:)