Why become a member? ×

London region bash 2010

essexbasscat

Ditto - would like to come, if I can!

And if I can and if there's any interest, I'd be glad to do a legal workshop / Q&A (music and copyright rather than criminal / property / landlord etc!)

Len

[quote name='Sibob' post='719541' date='Jan 20 2010, 08:50 PM']Yeah I don't really see the point in putting my name forward until a date is sorted :)
If I can come......I will lol

Si[/quote]

I'm in (unless the eventual date clashes with anything unmoveable)!

To drift back to earlier discussions about venue... The SE bash (which was excellent btw, well done all!) was at a school, which in many ways was an ideal location - they had parking, were suitably isolated from anyone who might complain, and had a proper hall and stage for the main area plus plenty of adjacent rooms and space for other things.

And for any newbies out there who might feel a bit nervous or intimidated - I understand just how you feel (the SE bash was my first) but just come and enjoy! Everyone is really friendly and helpful, you get to try loads of stuff (don't be embarrassed about your skill levels, everyone will be very supportive and it's great to have a go with new things - I even got to play a double bass for the very first time!)

Also, since I saw a call for a lift, I can fit one more person (possibly two if you put gear on your lap :) ) in my car - I'll be going from Northolt in W London and am happy to pick up anyone vaguely en route (wherever that turns out to eventually be!)

I can bring a Markbass Jeff Berlin combo and an Ibanez GWB35.

I'm still in - but my weekends now through to March are starting to get filled up! Plus I know of at least one weekend in April (23rd - 25th) where I'm going to be involved in PA at my church in Cambridge.

Should be able to bring my main rig (GK head / EBS cab), plus whatever other goodies I get in the meantime!

Hope to see you guys there

Ian

[quote name='molan' post='722584' date='Jan 23 2010, 08:53 PM']If you want a school than I can ask my daughter what's available in her area - she's a teacher in Barnet at a nice little school.

Good location, just off the North Circ & walking distance from Arnos Grove tube or New Southgate overground.[/quote]

Jesus that area brings back memories.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='722586' date='Jan 23 2010, 08:54 PM']Jesus that area brings back memories.[/quote]

My old neck of the woods too (although i guess on the borders).

Lived in High Barnet for a while then East Barnet.

There's a rehearsal space right on top of New Southgate Station if you know it?

[quote name='molan' post='722587' date='Jan 23 2010, 08:56 PM']My old neck of the woods too (although i guess on the borders).

There's a rehearsal space right on top of New Southgate Station if you know it?[/quote]

I know that one and have used the trace Gp11 with the nail in the board as a volume control limiter. Also had fun with the vocal feedback too.

T

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='722597' date='Jan 23 2010, 09:05 PM']I know that one and have used the trace Gp11 with the nail in the board as a volume control limiter. Also had fun with the vocal feedback too.

T[/quote]

They had a great Acoustic bass amp in there for a while with a big folded horn cab from what I remember.

I think the two guys that ran it were John & 'Chops'?

Always made me smile :)

[quote name='molan' post='722587' date='Jan 23 2010, 08:56 PM']My old neck of the woods too (although i guess on the borders).

There's a rehearsal space right on top of New Southgate Station if you know it?[/quote]

My dad used to go out with a lady in the estate opposite, I remember playing football in the snow at 5AM on that bit of grass by the road.

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='698799' date='Jan 2 2010, 04:21 PM'][b]Well, it's 2010 and time for basschat's first planned London bash of the year. So far:[/b]

Date: To be confirmed
Time: To be confirmed
Venue:To be confirmed
Format, Venue link and Map under discussion

It's basic at this point, but here's a list that people can add their name to, in the interest of at least having a numbers count and quick reference point.[/quote]

Oh yes please, great idea.

Oggy :)

[quote name='molan' post='722584' date='Jan 23 2010, 08:53 PM']If you want a school than I can ask my daughter what's available in her area - she's a teacher in Barnet at a nice little school.

Good location, just off the North Circ & walking distance from Arnos Grove tube or New Southgate overground.[/quote]
I lived in that area (Southgate/Winchmore Hill/Enfield) for 30 years, so that brings back some memories.. If you end up holding the Bash around there, I'll definitely come up for it!

I remember the Arnos Grove rehearsal room too; last used it about 4 years ago having a jam with a couple of mates who still live in the area.

Going completely off-topic, I still have very fond memories of those old 1930s tube stations out that way...Southgate especially!