Why become a member? ×

London region bash 2010

essexbasscat

I still hope to make it, but it really will depend on the final dates as I have gigs 'n' stuff coming in all the time which, depending on where I am, may or may not allow me to be there.
Keeping everything crossed! :)

I'm new to the site and always eager to meet decent level headed Musos. I've been hanging around in the Folk world for the last 5 years and sessions are part and parcel of the whole scene from the ground up. Nice to see something similiar that isn't a pub Jam night, I'm not keen on them... the stage gets either in the way of proper collaboration or infects little egos and causes a swelling, lol!

June's great for me...

How about the format..? Some kinda relatively quiet daytime thing would be well followed by an evening of more quiet drinking and er... noise :0p

... and I'll just be bringing my Shovel, sorry, Charvel!

Soooo, B.C has spoken and the clock is now ticking to a June London Bash 2010.

June = 35.29 % (12)

Any month is ok = 29.41 % (10)

May = 14.71 % (5)

April = 20.59 % (7)

Next job is to choose a venue. Some places have been suggested already, but at the end of the day, it's up to you to choose.

T

[quote name='Sibob' post='698821' date='Jan 2 2010, 04:44 PM']The 'South East' bash is generally held in Surrey around November time.
But that's not to say a London couldn't be held by someone :)

Si[/quote]

Sorry I am new here, what is this bash all about? And why are people bringing their gear? Is this a... "show me yours and I'll show you mine?" type of thing?

Thanks

Edited by bass5

[quote name='bass5' post='773898' date='Mar 13 2010, 09:18 PM']Sorry I am new here, what is this bash all about? And why are people bringing their gear? Is this a... "show me yours and I'll show you mine?" type of thing?

Thanks[/quote]

That seems to be it

T

After waiting for a while for a response I got a tentative 'yes' from my daughter's school in Friern Barnet as a possible location.

It's about 10 minutes walk from Arnos Grove tube (Picc line), a few minutes off the north circ for driving and plenty of parking. Large school hall with a stage and other spaces we could use as well.

Haven't got a price out of them yet but it's a decent North London option if that's of any interest.

[quote name='molan' post='774203' date='Mar 14 2010, 11:50 AM']After waiting for a while for a response I got a tentative 'yes' from my daughter's school in Friern Barnet as a possible location.

It's about 10 minutes walk from Arnos Grove tube (Picc line), a few minutes off the north circ for driving and plenty of parking. Large school hall with a stage and other spaces we could use as well.

Haven't got a price out of them yet but it's a decent North London option if that's of any interest.[/quote]

Hey Molan ! this one looks like one of the most promising so far.

1. It has the parking option

2. The flexibility offered by the use of more than one room

3. A stage for possible presentations etc

Any poss. ideas on available dates in June please ?

Watching with interest

T

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='774364' date='Mar 14 2010, 03:29 PM']Hey Molan ! this one looks like one of the most promising so far.

1. It has the parking option

2. The flexibility offered by the use of more than one room

3. A stage for possible presentations etc

Any poss. ideas on available dates in June please ?

Watching with interest

T[/quote]

I'll badger my daughter to speak to the head tomorrow - do we prefer a Saturday or a Sunday?

[quote name='molan' post='774374' date='Mar 14 2010, 03:45 PM']I'll badger my daughter to speak to the head tomorrow - do we prefer a Saturday or a Sunday?[/quote]

Sunday, then folk don't have to worry about shooting off to Saturday night gigs?

[quote name='molan' post='774374' date='Mar 14 2010, 03:45 PM']I'll badger my daughter to speak to the head tomorrow - do we prefer a Saturday or a Sunday?[/quote]

MMmm intersting question, which is probably best thrown open to the forum, so I've opened up a poll, which will close next Saturday.

T

I'm gathering a list of current contenders for venues. If I've missed something out, please add it or PM me and I'll edit. In no particular order:

- Friern Barnet (posted by molan)

- Creekside studios (posted by bloodaxe)

- Wood Green (Posted by jacklondon)

I'm looking into this some more when I have a mo

Cheers

T

:)

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='774622' date='Mar 14 2010, 07:58 PM']I'm gathering a list of current contenders for venues. If I've missed something out, please add it or PM me and I'll edit. In no particular order:

- Friern Barnet (posted by molan)

- Creekside studios (posted by bloodaxe)

- Wood Green (Posted by jacklondon)

I'm looking into this some more when I have a mo

Cheers

T

:)[/quote]

i vote friend barnet or wood green! both within a half hour bus ride of me :rolleyes: