Why become a member? ×

London region bash 2010

essexbasscat

Hi again Gary

Yes, I'm looking for volunteers to take care of the following jobs.

- Food for the day

- Security on the day

- Not sure if the raffle is taken care of yet. Will get back to you all on this one.

Would still like to hear more about the proposed venues though.

Cheers

T

:)

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='786177' date='Mar 25 2010, 06:53 PM']Hi again Gary

Yes, I'm looking for volunteers to take care of the following jobs.

- Food for the day

- Security on the day

- Not sure if the raffle is taken care of yet. Will get back to you all on this one.

Would still like to hear more about the proposed venues though.

Cheers

T

:)[/quote]

i dont mind taking on the food job need to know how many for and what sort of food

Ok Gary, this is where we roll our sleeves up :)

The number of people is a good place to start, as so many other things besides the food will orbit around that estimate. A count up on thread nearer the day will give us a fair idea on that one.

As for the food:

Drinks is probably ok with the obvious from the hot and cold list.

Food
- perhaps avoiding a large range of stuff that is rather exotic or very spicy. They are likely to be the less popular sellers, as well as providing the fuel for a scene from Blazing saddles :lol:

Maybe stuff that doesn't take too long to prepare and is locally accessable, in case of a need to re -stock.

I'm sure others will come up with some good ideas, perhaps those with some experience in the catering industry ?

A big THANK YOU for stepping up to the plate :lol: Gary !!!

T

:rolleyes:

Edited by essexbasscat

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='786177' date='Mar 25 2010, 06:53 PM']Would still like to hear more about the proposed venues though.

Cheers

T :)[/quote]

[url="http://www.creeksidestudios.co.uk/index.html"]Creekside Studios[/url]

Pros...

Ample secure FREE parking,
Buzzer entry system (so you can leave the Uzi at home),
Walking distance from DLR (Deptford Bridge) & National Rail (Deptford) - less than 10 min walk,
Bus Routes [url="http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/deptford-10316.pdf"]47 (Catford Garage to Shoreditch, Deptford Church St. stop P)[/url] & [url="http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/greenwich-2106.pdf"]199 (Catford Garage to Canada Water [for Jubilee Line], Creek Road-Creekside)[/url] go past the end of the street,
Local Greggs, Percy Ingle, Tesco Express, a takeaway Curryhouse, Barclays & HSBC within a 10 min walk.

Cons...

None - they'll all be up the market on Deptford High Street fleecing the punters.

You know it makes sense.

I no some one who would be able to do this for us as he caters for weddings and alike i was thinking along the same lines as JackLondon assorted sandwiches chicken bits cheese on sticks crisps peanuts the normal sort of party food and a couple of hotwater urns

Pros...

Walking distance from DLR (Deptford Bridge) & National Rail (Deptford) - less than 10 min walk,
Bus Routes [url="http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/deptford-10316.pdf"]47 (Catford Garage to Shoreditch, Deptford Church St. stop P)[/url] & [url="http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/greenwich-2106.pdf"]199 (Catford Garage to Canada Water [for Jubilee Line], Creek Road-Creekside)[/url] go past the end of the street,
Local Greggs, Percy Ingle, Tesco Express, a takeaway Curryhouse, Barclays & HSBC within a 10 min walk.

Cons...

None - they'll all be up the market on Deptford High Street fleecing the punters.

Creekside looks good! And none too expensive - and they do pot noodles - that seals it for me!

Ok folks

Jacks chocolate factory has dropped out of the race for now, although an alternative may be on the way.....

So, it's between Creekside studios and Molan's school for now.

On the face of it;

Creekside seems to be the least hassle option, won't require catering and is located Southern London. Readily available on the day ?

Molan's school does have far more unknowns at the moment, located Northern London. However, if it is available, it will hopefully present more rooms to use, which will allow more flexibility on the day.

Any other ideas / observations ?

cheers

T

Edited by essexbasscat

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='786371' date='Mar 25 2010, 09:37 PM']Ok folks

Jacks chocolate factory has dropped out of the race for now, although an alternative may be on the way.....

So, it's between Creekside studios and Molan's school for now.

On the face of it;

Creekside seems to be the least hassle option, won't require catering and is located Southern London. Readily available on the day ?

Molan's school does have far more unknowns at the moment, located Northern London. However, if it is available, it will hopefully present more rooms to use, which will allow more flexibility on the day.

Any other ideas / observations ?

cheers

T

:)[/quote]

If my maths is working... Creekside's rate for the whole rehearsal studio (5 rooms) comes in at £395 from 10am to 6.30pm. So we'd need 40 bodies to keep it at £10/head.

I'll be in the area next week, I'll ask what they've got booked for June (& if they'll do a deal).

Pete.

[quote name='Bloodaxe' post='786421' date='Mar 25 2010, 10:31 PM']If my maths is working... Creekside's rate for the whole rehearsal studio (5 rooms) comes in at £395 from 10am to 6.30pm. So we'd need 40 bodies to keep it at £10/head.

I'll be in the area next week, I'll ask what they've got booked for June (& if they'll do a deal).

Pete.[/quote]

Nice one Pete. 10 / 10 for keeping it going

cheers

T

My vote's for the school, better capacity and flexibility and (presumably) less cost.

Happy to help out with a stint on the door and/or raffling duties (or whatever) as long as it's not on the 6th (which I can't do - out of the country!).

ps I think there were a LOT more than 30 for the SE day last November... Surely it'll be as much about how we market and advertise as anything? I do't think we should simply assume everyone who's interested is monitoring this thread, for instance! Once we have hard details, we should really go sell it to all london-based members on here. Is there any way we can easily get an admin to PM them, for instance, once we have the deets?

Edited by Netballman

• 2 weeks later...

If I might make a suggestion for an event?

How about a set up master class. The idea being someone (who knows what they are doing :) ) stands at the front with a bass and goes through a set up, and teaches everyone else who all have their own bass in front of them.

Everyone could bring there own tools to suit their bass, if the same someone could let it be known beforehand what would be needed?

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='795842' date='Apr 4 2010, 05:30 PM']If I might make a suggestion for an event?

How about a set up master class. The idea being someone (who knows what they are doing :) ) stands at the front with a bass and goes through a set up, and teaches everyone else who all have their own bass in front of them.

Everyone could bring there own tools to suit their bass, if the same someone could let it be known beforehand what would be needed?[/quote]

Now that's a damn good idea! I need some help with that!

I love the idea of the raffle too, maybe even including CDs and DVDs and stuff, and maybe a table where you can bring and buy/trade stuff you wanna get rid of?
Just seems like a lot of sense to me.

Really looking forward to meeting some other BC-ers at this, I always seem to miss them! :)

• 2 weeks later...

It's now time for the final call for nominees for the London Bass bash venue, a little later than originally planned I admit.

In the absence of anyone raising strenuous objections, I'll close nominations for the venue on Saturday 24th April.

At this stage, can anyone that nominates a venue please confirm that the venue is available and give some ideas around the likely the expected circumstances of the day,which will help with the estimation of finance and support.

On the weekend of 24th April, I'll post a voting board for the duration of one week, the standard format so far.

[u][/u]Raffle[u][/u]

Is there general support for a raffle ? If so, can people give some indication of bringing something. Doesn't even have to be too specific if you don't want it to be. The important thing is that you bring something for the raffle on the day if you say you are going to do so.

[u][/u]Masterclass[u][/u]

Nominations / suggestions / volunteers welcome.

It's time to make this happen folks. Look forward to meeting you all :)

T

Edited by essexbasscat

The North London School has been closed for Easter but they are back tomorrow so I'll re-contact and make sure it's all Ok :rolleyes:

Did we have a confirmed date or still flexible in June somewhere - sorry, I lost track of the nominations :)

The main hall there is a very good space by the way. Has a stage we could use if required :lol:

There's one pub in reasonable walking distance - [url="http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/79/7981/Bank/New_Southgate"]http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/79/...k/New_Southgate[/url]

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='810681' date='Apr 18 2010, 08:27 PM']That stage could be helpful for a masterclass amongst other things

Look forward to hearing from you on this one Molan

T[/quote]

Shall I just ask for availability for any Sunday in June?

[quote name='molan' post='810751' date='Apr 18 2010, 09:16 PM']Shall I just ask for availability for any Sunday in June?[/quote]

Sounds like a good place to start. In an ideal world we won't be snookered by availability.

Then again, in that ideal world we would be using the wembley stage the London bass bash. :) Perhaps that's one we could plan for the 2012 London bash, seeing as how the world is coming to lunch at our place that year.

T

Edited by essexbasscat

[quote name='Bloodaxe' post='786318' date='Mar 25 2010, 09:53 PM'][url="http://www.creeksidestudios.co.uk/index.html"]Creekside Studios[/url]

Pros...

Cons...

You know it makes sense.[/quote]

Deptford is a great idea (I live there - virtually opposite the proposed venue) so count me in. I'll bring a couple of basses of course...