Why become a member? ×

London region bash 2010

essexbasscat

Yep, excellent day all and fantastic work by Tom to put it all together - all I did was man the desk, cook the spuds and fold the raffle tickets, he's the one who deserves the real credit!

A special hats off to Bernie who must have set up at least one bass for almost everyone gratis in addition to giving a tremendously informative talk!

And my personal thanks to Stingray 5 who supplied a load of raffle prizes (and to everyone who contributed so generously) and Ari, not only for coming so far, but for playing some lovely stuff at low volume while we were watching the footy :)

Great day all - roill on next year (and other bashes before then :rolleyes: )

I had a great day at the bash today - was very nice meeting great chaps and trying out all the fantastic gear. Sorry I haven't been posting very often lately but i'm still checking out the forum regularly!

see you all at the next bash i hope :)

So glad you all had a great time.

Thanks for the encouraging thoughts/get wells, much appreciated! Feeling a little better (might have kept some liquid down for the first time in over 24 hours - phew!).

Needless to say the chat on compressors will go ahead when I next get a chance, probably the SE Bash.

Again, sorry I couldnt be there, I would have loved to have heard BG's take on truss rods :)

Oh well back to 'real' life.

Laters....

Thanks to everyone involved in organising the Bash, especially to Tom (essexbasscat) it was a great day, I really enjoyed it! Great to meet you people in meatspace :)

I'll get some pics up tonight.

My favourite bass of the day was molan's Sadowsky Jazz (cherry sunburst) the neck and set up felt perfect for me, glorious in fact, apart from the neck dive. Loved the GBs too, Tom's 001 is lovely, as is his rig, I had a great time pumping some dub on that!

Bernie tweaked my Warwick for me and although he reckoned I had set it up well, he made some minor adjustments and it felt like a new bass, amazing! He's a real character too, really cracked me up a couple of times :rolleyes: He brought a couple of EBS rigs and the new EBS pedal range, he was playing through the chorus and doing volume swells which sounded sublime, really inspiring, that chorus is a beautiful sounding pedal, totally lush.

Great day, thanks all.

[quote name='51m0n' post='879439' date='Jun 28 2010, 02:01 AM']So glad you all had a great time.

Thanks for the encouraging thoughts/get wells, much appreciated! Feeling a little better (might have kept some liquid down for the first time in over 24 hours - phew!).

Needless to say the chat on compressors will go ahead when I next get a chance, probably the SE Bash.

Again, sorry I couldnt be there, I would have loved to have heard BG's take on truss rods :)

Oh well back to 'real' life.

Laters....[/quote]
Sorry you're ill mate, would have been lovely to see you there. Hope you get better quickly.

A big thanks to Tom (EssexBassCat), Andy (Netballman), Barrie (Molan), Jack (Currrls) and everyone else who contributed to a great day.

Was great to meet you all and see some fine basses.

Bernie was fantastic, had lots of time for everybody and very entertaining too. He builds some stunning instruments, I loved that 5 stringer that had a wood grain like the scales of a goldfish.

Looking forward to the next one!

Edited by Fat Rich

[quote name='silddx' post='879592' date='Jun 28 2010, 09:49 AM']Thanks to everyone involved in organising the Bash, especially to Tom (essexbasscat) it was a great day, I really enjoyed it! Great to meet you people in meatspace :)

I'll get some pics up tonight.

My favourite bass of the day was molan's Sadowsky Jazz (cherry sunburst) the neck and set up felt perfect for me, glorious in fact, apart from the neck dive. Loved the GBs too, Tom's 001 is lovely, as is his rig, I had a great time pumping some dub on that!

Bernie tweaked my Warwick for me and although he reckoned I had set it up well, he made some minor adjustments and it felt like a new bass, amazing! He's a real character too, really cracked me up a couple of times :rolleyes: He brought a couple of EBS rigs and the new EBS pedal range, he was playing through the chorus and doing volume swells which sounded sublime, really inspiring, that chorus is a beautiful sounding pedal, totally lush.

Great day, thanks all.[/quote]
+1 :lol:

And that Warwick - 'tis a thing of beauty - thanks for letting me have a noodle! Sounded immense through the EBS rig (both of them!!)

Got a GAS-attack for more stuff:

1 Fretless 4-string (possible a Squier VMJ fretless - they're a bargain at the moment)
2 Jazz/MM hybrid - loved the Cort GB74 that was there - in Candy-Apple Red
3 Chorus pedal of some description
4 A BFBass Super Twelve - JackLondon's was waaayyyy huge sounding and very ickle

Great opportunity to meet up with everyone and give it the beans on some seriously tasty basses

See you all at the SE Bash

Ian

PS have got some piccies - will try to post up the good ones later

[quote name='Bottle' post='879645' date='Jun 28 2010, 10:29 AM']+1 :rolleyes:

And that Warwick - 'tis a thing of beauty - thanks for letting me have a noodle! Sounded immense through the EBS rig (both of them!!)

Got a GAS-attack for more stuff:

1 Fretless 4-string (possible a Squier VMJ fretless - they're a bargain at the moment)
2 Jazz/MM hybrid - loved the Cort GB74 that was there - in Candy-Apple Red
3 Chorus pedal of some description
4 A BFBass Super Twelve - JackLondon's was waaayyyy huge sounding and very ickle

Great opportunity to meet up with everyone and give it the beans on some seriously tasty basses

See you all at the SE Bash

Ian

PS have got some piccies - will try to post up the good ones later[/quote]
Sorry, I meant to mention your GK/EBS rig too, it did indeed sound immense! Being a POD only player, it's really nice to play through someone's carefully chosen rig, it reminds me of why I moved to bass from guitar :)

....and a good morning to ya, the morning after the afternoon (groan) before.

Really enjoyed my first bash! An excellent community of basschatters. I must have more volume next time.

Many thanks to all the organisers for their graft. My faves were Molan's "Performance" bass with the gold hardware and oggys EB-0. Looking forward to the next one.

Balcro.

So many nice basses around the room yesterday, difficult to pick a favourite, ones that stood out for me included:

the veritable host of GB's :)
Peavey T40
Nash Relic
'71J
Warwick fretless
Sei Singlecut
Wal
G&L green fretless
White MM5

Could have happily gone home with another 10 basses. . .

[quote name='Stingray5' post='879974' date='Jun 28 2010, 03:44 PM']Oops - a quick apology to Tom (Essexbasscat).
In my last post I mentioned the #1 GB bass (001) being brought along by Bernie himself.
This is actually Tom's own bass, of course. (As noted in silddx's post above).
:lol: :lol:[/quote]

No apologies necessary. It was good to see that bass so well received by everyone there. It is #001, the very first Rumour made by Bernie and has been a joy to own. As someone said elsewhere around here, the only way anyone else will ever own it is when they pry it from my cold dead hands :)

My 6-string Goodfellow will also stay with me for eternity :rolleyes:

Piccys of the day please !!

cheers

T

Edited by essexbasscat

[quote name='WalMan' post='880080' date='Jun 28 2010, 05:04 PM']Not quite, that was last year, but......................................[/quote]
So ... has a South East Bash been organised for this year ? (because I've searched again and still had no luck)

Edited by BigBeatNut

IIRC last year Hamster and Silverfoxnik played a big part in the organisation of the SE BassBash. I don't think I've seen any suggestion from them of anything in the works (and it was an awful lot of work) so maybe its someone else's turn to put their hand up, much as essexbasscat did for the North London bash? I'm not volunteering by the way as I am a freeloader :)