Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

3 hours ago, ordep said:

Any 90’s RnB / Mint Condition fan here?...

Unknown to me, and not my usual 'cup of tea', but kudos for the splendid performance and uber-clean recording. Good Stuff; thanks for sharing. An extra 'Clap-clap' for the drums; very tight. :i-m_so_happy:

3 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Unknown to me, and not my usual 'cup of tea', but kudos for the splendid performance and uber-clean recording. Good Stuff; thanks for sharing. An extra 'Clap-clap' for the drums; very tight. :i-m_so_happy:

Thanks Dad3353, drumwise I can say it is one of those rare instances that overplaying is somehow an improvement. lol

• Like 1

I started messing around with this sort of Manring-inspired technique and tried it out on a Fleetwood Mac song (chords are not too difficult, the changes are quite easy so I was able to "sing" along too (though I'm not a singer)).

After the "solo" I didn't know what to do but just let the groove going and I was pleased that I didn't mess up or lose the groove. I always try to use certain techniques in songs instead of just practicing without a reference..I still want to make music and enjoy myself so I'll take a song and see if it fits. 

Edited by wombatboter
  • Like 7

Here’s my band Crackhead Control. We played a closed set in memory of an old mate of the singer. It was he who talked our singer Billy into forming the band. Anyway, here’s a wee tune called Johnny Won’t Play Those Hippy Games. We’re a punk band, no apologies 😂 

https://www.facebook.com/100000196504020/posts/4258973617452480/

Edited by Rubbersoul
Bad link
  • Like 2

Kinda cheating because I'm on drums for this - I've been learning it on bass but it's too fast! I think our bassist did a cracking job though and hope you enjoy, rest in peace Rocco!! What Is Hip by Tower of Power covered by my big band

Edited by Caz
link didn't work
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1