Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

1 hour ago, wombatboter said:

Saw something by The Shadows getting reunited again in 2020 on YouTube and it made me grab my bass and figure out two of their songs (the other one is Atlantis)...Could be better in the performance but I thought the idea was entertaining

I love this!

• Like 1

Got involved in this with a few friends for charity few weeks back. Apologies if seen already as so many involved and no doubt friends of friends on Basschat. Several bass players so just covered 2nd verse and chorus. Kept simple to let the vocals breath. Also my son on guitar for second chorus which was a nice touch.

Edited by whynot
  • Like 2

We did this in lockdown for an online event. Some excellent contributions from some of our fans (checkout Nicky in the bottom right corner... delightfully bonkers). Hours and hours of editing and syncing by our guitarist Mel (top right corner)

• Like 2

Metallica - Orion

Hey everyone. I decided to give this track a stab. It's an old favourite, and there are definitely some special moments. The classical interlude and final solo especially. 

It's not a 100% perfect cover. A couple of slightly cringey mistakes. Either way, the whole process of learning and recording it has certainly improved my playing. 

Hope you enjoy. Very best, Pete.

Edited by Pete Bish
Forgot to post vid
  • Like 2

Haven’t got a video. Just have some sound  Recorded at Metropolis studios in London for a Swedish band.  I think it sounds like a load of musicians falling down a flight of stairs  There money I took it A gigs a gig in these troubled times 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/09otv9xkx3blm4d/For Sean.mp3?dl=0

Edited by KingPrawn

On 01/08/2020 at 13:51, Pete Bish said:

Metallica - Orion

Hey everyone. I decided to give this track a stab. It's an old favourite, and there are definitely some special moments. The classical interlude and final solo especially. 

It's not a 100% perfect cover. A couple of slightly cringey mistakes. Either way, the whole process of learning and recording it has certainly improved my playing. 

Hope you enjoy. Very best, Pete.

Well done, I liked that a lot :)

• Like 1

Here's another I almost forgot about. My Dargie Delight fretless SR5 with John East 3 band pre and Nordstrand MM5.3 pickup, with an Aguilar Octamizer for good measure!

Edited by Higgie
  • Like 2