Why become a member? ×

New Retro Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray

Musicman20

Check the thread here....

[url="http://www.ernieball.com/forums/music-man-basses/40021-big-poppas-ultimate-bass-torture.html"]http://www.ernieball.com/forums/music-man-...ss-torture.html[/url]

But, as a taster:

[attachment=33379:VintageS...mGreen01.jpg]

I am one happy man.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='607168' date='Sep 23 2009, 10:10 PM']In defence of SB he does say at the very beginning that he's not wholly supportive of the idea, so it's a bit odd to lambaste him.[/quote]
Oh come on, that forum is nothing but yes-men that praise his every idea. Don't get me wrong, i love EBMM basses but it does get a bit sickening on there reading comment after comment kissing his arse. He's a good businessman, i'll give him that, but i'd be lying if thought that those vintage-styled basses weren't his idea.

[quote name='leftybassman392' post='607024' date='Sep 23 2009, 07:46 PM']Could help noticing they were a bit coy about lefties, despite being asked several times...[/quote]

Are they another one of these companies that seem to have the attitude of 'we don't do lefties because lefties don't buy our stuff', as so many?

I could be tempted by a lefty that looked like the maple / seafoam option, BUT it would have to be available in an all=passive option...... and ideal be routed so as it could accomodate a P Bass pup. :)

[quote name='EdwardMarlowe' post='607324' date='Sep 24 2009, 01:32 AM']Are they another one of these companies that seem to have the attitude of 'we don't do lefties because lefties don't buy our stuff', as so many?[/quote]
There are a few lefties on the EB forum, they are introducing them to different models gradually, but as you said, the market isn't that large. The introduced a lefty john petrucci model this year at NAMM i think.

I like the vintage details - slab body, old bridge style with mutes and strings through body, classic logo. I read they're even considering going back to a metal battery cover on these. Nice touches. I absolutely love the Sea Foam Green too. I don't think I would buy one though, even if they came in a lefty version. I like the regular Stingray 4. If that will come in Sea Foam Green too, I'm sure it will sell better than this one.

[quote name='thedonutman' post='607186' date='Sep 23 2009, 10:22 PM']That's a huuuuge neck pocket gap.[/quote]

I was thinking the very same thing, the first pic is shocking. Still, isn't there a problem with the buttons on the Big Al getting stuck too, perhaps 70's build quality is back in along with slab bodies.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='607220' date='Sep 23 2009, 10:58 PM']Oh come on, that forum is nothing but yes-men that praise his every idea. Don't get me wrong, i love EBMM basses but it does get a bit sickening on there reading comment after comment kissing his arse. He's a good businessman, i'll give him that, but i'd be lying if thought that those vintage-styled basses weren't his idea.[/quote]

So young and so cynical :)

I do agree totally on the arse licking tho, the main reason I don't go there.